If Bigfoot Were Real.

Incorrigible1

13 hours ago, FarArcher said:

What's with you and orangutans?

I mentioned the Medieval Woodwose representations in Europe.  

You were the one that threw in orangutans, and now Micronesia.  I'm missing the connection here.

And thank YOU for sharing.

Orangutans.

You were attempting to make some sort of connection based on the desire to mate with humans...between the Woodwose and the Sasquatch. That's what started it.

But I'm not trying to pick on you....promise

4 hours ago, norseman said:

You were attempting to make some sort of connection based on the desire to mate with humans...between the Woodwose and the Sasquatch. That's what started it.

But I'm not trying to pick on you....promise

No, that's not what I was attempting.  

I was pointing out the paintings, woodcarvings, metal pressings, drawings of the European Woodwose from the Middle Ages - and the similarities with what the narratives of the Native Americans have shared.

Anyone who decides to actually Google "Woodwose" and click on "images" will see exactly what I was speaking of.  If someone wants to not look - that's fine too.  Those that don't actually check out something specifically mentioned always seem to make the most informed statements and comments.  

I was the pointing out that many of the renditions - by whatever artful medium the artist used - indicated these large creatures being hairy, some on all fours, some fighting against humans, and some kidnapping human women.  They're right there for looking at if someone is of a mind.

As I stated, the reason for grabbing women is up for conjecture as to the reason - food or recreation?

The interesting thing I found regarding woodwose in art (google / images) are the facial characteristics.    Very very human.   Nothing monkey or ape-like.   Also nothing similar to demon faces in art of similar time periods.  

That said ... people draw what they learn to draw and they apply the thing they know when confronted with the unknown.    Consider how much seeming European, though heavy, features seem to intrude into Harvey Pratt's bigfoot drawings ... much as you'd expect of a very skilled forensic artist used to drawing human features.   The frequency of woodwose with thin, northern European looking features may simply reflect what the artists of the time assumed ... a period convention, perhaps.

MIB

• Upvote 1

Its all conjecture (cryptid Hominoids).....every ounce of it, except for the fact that other great apes will attempt to kidnap and copulate with human women. That's not conjecture, that comes from observation both in the wild and especially in captivity of extant Ape species.

Great Apes eating each other is a completely different matter. The only great Ape that eats other Apes and its own species is us, that I'm aware of. We have some bone evidence of cannibalism in other Homo species such as Neanderthals.

And lastly I do find Woodwose stories interesting, but guessing what it was based on wood carvings is any bodies guess. 

Chimpanzees cannibalize. When they capture a young one from another troop, they eat it. They'll pass it around like a bottle of Ripple wine.

Regarding the Woodwose, it's the middle ages version of a sasquatch imo. Bigger than a human, hairier than a human, bipedal like a human, and hadn't evolved past wood in terms of tool making. There is historical precedence for such a creature, but is it the skinny, or a fatty......