Whatever Happened to the Erickson Project?

Guest SquatchinNY

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was one to put hope in many of these type of things, including the Falcon Project, I even interviewed William Barnes, but what I have come to understand is that until we can produce hard evidence, say a body dead or alive, or perhaps an extended HD video beyond anything we have seen, well nobody is going to take it seriously. It is just as you say, video is no longer going to prove anything. I think that even if you produced the extended HD video it would be labeled hoax, perhaps starting with the Bigfoot Community. We tend to be harsh on evidence, which for the most part is needed, but It can lead to skepticism, as many who have been here for some time evidence, myself included.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot
  • Upvote 1

Erickson was duped and bilked out of money.  Bill Munns is the one who really noted the comparison of Matilda to a Chewbacca mask.   The teeth have the same numbers, positions of gaps, and configurations.  If you will notice the flat teeth between the upper canines, they have the same lengths, with one tooth slightly longer than the rest.  The 2nd flat tooth from the left of the screen is a little longer, with the teeth on either side a little shorter.  What are the odds that Chewbacca and Matilda's teeth would be such a close match?  That is beyond coincidence and my hat goes off to the great detective work by Bill Munns.

isthismatilda.jpg

Erickson claimed to have much more footage, and showed it to a select few, but he never released it, I believe, after realizing he has been duped.

Edited by jayjeti

42 minutes ago, jayjeti said:

Erickson was duped and bilked out of money.

Correct.   In fact, very much the same as Melba Ketchum duped and bilked Wally Hersom of substantial money.   I hope that Erickson finds a more reputable researcher to back as Hersom has done with Derek Randles and does not just walk away.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

On 7/24/2016 at 11:27 AM, Xion Comrade said:

It's my understand that all of it was quite real, every clip they showed and the project itself, and that there were significantly better and longer clips in that one project even at that time. Over time there have been many more clips accumulated by some people involved but those aren't necessarily a part of the "Erickson Project" at all, it is still very much so alive and there is talk of just pushing it all out to the public out of frustration. They are running into the hard fact that video is worthless, the better it is the better the supposed hoax is the conclusion people jump to. Add onto that the problems that alot of the Bigfoot just look like a overgrown chewbacca in the first place and that people suck at analyzing things in general and you realize the whole thing isn't really going to amount to much at all even if it does get dumped out.

I have realized a odd point in the Bigfoot phenomena, there are tons of video of the Bigfoot floating around or being held in private, tons of evidence that just doesn't "go viral". God only knows how much of it is just floating around within the billions of videos on the net already. Skeptics ask why the Sasquatch are so rarely seen, why they aren't shot more often, why there aren't videos or pictures, and why there aren't hardly ever any other sorts of evidence popping up and the real answer is that it is all there actually, tons of it even. They get shot, evidence gets collected very regularly, they pop up on videos, and they get seen and heard all the time, people just aren't looking in the right places/recognizing what they see or even looking hard enough for the info.

Absolutely right, plussed.

Anyway, about the EP, I think it's just transformed. Perhaps Erickson dropped it out of frustration, but research in that location appears to have been ongoing. I linked this great site in another forum, this post explains a bit.

http://www.sybillairwin.com/blog/its-time-to-share-some-of-the-happenings-from-my-neck-of-the-woods

There is no inherent problem with HD video or images. I also believe there's tons of them gathering dust. One thing to remember is that most people don't care and/or actively don't want to know.

• Upvote 1

Admin

:rolleyes:

On 8/4/2016 at 10:51 AM, MIB said:

Correct.   In fact, very much the same as Melba Ketchum duped and bilked Wally Hersom of substantial money.   I hope that Erickson finds a more reputable researcher to back as Hersom has done with Derek Randles and does not just walk away.  

MIB

Ketchum didn't dupe anyone out of money, it's those who latch onto the disinformation that get duped.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Let me bottom line this, if you really want to prove to yourself these creatures exist, do not wait for some video, or something to pop up that is going to convince you. I suggest getting out into an area with a sighting history, spend some time in those areas, perhaps a day here and there. If you are determined, you will eventually discover that the evidence you are looking for is out there, perhaps a print, a vocalization, or if you happen to be so lucky, or unlucky, a sighting. Some of us have had that thrust upon us in one form or another, and really all we are doing is trying to understand them, and how they do exist. I for one am in the camp of pro science, if a body is required to prove they exist, then I support the harvesting of one creature to possibly save the rest. That may be a bit harsh sounding, but if it takes one to be sacrificed in order to prove to the world the rest should be protected, that is what I would choose.

• Upvote 2

It's puzzling that nobody has any comments about S Irwin's ongoing work. I'll agree with your comments, save the last two. There is no proof for a public that really doesn't care, and they don't require protection, AT ALL.