Sasquatch: Bear In Human Form?

hiflier

The bear DNA in the US comes back from a KNOWN bear ... black bear, Ursus americanus, NOT an unknown bear.   The bear hair is from a known bear, again, black bear, U. americanus.    There is NO, zero, nil-zilch-none DNA or hair from an unknown or unrecognized bear in the US. 

Example ... Justin Smeja's "steak" from the Sierra Kills site was tested by Trent University to be **black bear**.   NOT an unknown, no way by no means an unknown.   Same for the bear hair samples from the US.   Read Sykes' book. 

Your theory doesn't work as a general explanation.  

MIB

Edited by MIB

You might rethink what you just wrote. There are two things that we have covered but evidently need clarifying. I think the term was "unknown primate". I've never said the hair tested as "unknown bear". The hair tested was from a known bear. And I'm saying that doesn't matter in that I am proposing that Sasquatch is a bear. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sasquatch hair tested as something already known. But just toss in a little unknown primate DNA to cover the DNA make up of a primate's form. Smeja's sample tested bear....I won't elaborate on that for fear of sounding like a broken record but if Smeja's sample was bear and I say Sasquatch is a primate- shaped bear what does that do to his story? What does it do to Ketchum's work- regardless of her out there weird meanderings.

I do not wish to pursue those aspects as it will lead further and further from the main topic. As far as the Sasquatch creature itself goes my theory works very well and as a general explanation I think it can make for some serious consideration.

I'm actually waiting for that one person to show up here who says that this idea has grounds and this is why...Think about the Sasquatch for a second MIB. It is intelligent. It's body has allowed it to be as smart as us and smarter in it's own environment. But it's a very primitive creature regardless; probably because it lacks most if not all of its right brain. We anthropomorphize it and give it "Human" things but in truth, other than its physical body there's really little to distinguish it from a bear. I seriously think it is a bear with primate functionality. What a thought, eh. It really does explain a lot of what I've read regarding their activities.

The toughie for me is Patty. Bears with breasts. Yep that's a toughie for sure ;)

4 hours ago, hiflier said:

Hi everyone. The title of this thread says it all. This topic is to analyze what we have read in the reports from past to present using a different metric or reference point if you will. I have thought about this concept off and on for a few years now and I am pretty sure that I am not the only one. Sasquatch: what is it exactly? This is a question we have all asked ourselves. Is it ape? Is it a people of some kind? Is it a Human/ape hybrid? Much has been offered for discussion on the matter and nature of this creature but little if anything definitive has resulted from those discussions. Each of us may have our own ideas about what this creature actually is though no general consensus has been reached.

After much research and much deep thought I have come to the conclusion- for myself anyway- that Sasquatch for all that it is and for all that it is capable of doing acts like, and looks like a bear in Human form. And as outlandish as that idea is I have to tell you that so many things fit this concept that I now have trouble thinking that it is anything else but that. If you give this subject the same critical analysis that I have given it you may understand why I think this even though you may not agree with my conclusion.

We could go right down the list of all of the things that have been reported about this creature and if you do you may find yourselves arriving at the same end. That being that Sasquatch is truly a bear in Human form. In fact I see no other options that come close to this one picture of what that creature is. Everything I've read points to it. Everything. If a bear's intelligence was placed inside a form that was Human in shape as well as physical attributes and abilities then I firmly submit that what one would get is a Sasquatch type creature. I think this an extremely important concept for making progress toward an answer to what it is we are dealing with.

This is potentially a rather critical turning point in this phenomenon so I would be greatly appreciated if postings can stay referenced to this topic. Plenty of room for science here so have at it. In five days I will be unavailable to watch and respond to this thread until the end of this month. It will be up to ypu after that to stay on topic as much as possible. If you do not think this conclusion works or is valid please don't just say so- state your reasons for the sake of discussion

This is not much different than people that have proposed that various "dogmen" are actually a species of bipedal wolf

Hi M. I can see in the case of dogmen the similarities to the wolf. In the case od similarities of Sasquatch to bears not so much- at least physically but it explains much for what has been witnessed regarding the creatures mentality. At the very least it explains the DNA conundrum and the reports of eye shine, it's nocturnal habits, and it's general demeanor when encountered. Question for you then MagniAesir. Do bears sway sometimes when they stand up? Haven't found much info on that.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna
3 hours ago, hiflier said:

CM, if that is addressed to me I did not have any encounters and have never seen one. So this isn't about me at all. It's about the descriptions in the reports along with what the creatures do or are seen to be doing. A Human-shaped bear is all that fits everything that I have read. Whatever one reports to have witnessed across the board leads to this as the best answer to all of what this Forum is and has been actually discussing. It just seems the obvious solution at this phase of my research.

And yes, the subject in the PGF has the body structure of a hominid- but it isn't a hominid. All roads point to bear- in Human form. All roads. This isn't a suggestion- this is really what this thread is about. 

Do you think you are going to have an intelligent discussion if you are posting as a forgone conclusion?

I have to wonder.

Then it is not a discussion but a statement and no need for commentary.

You would be the only one on that thread as you probably are the only one of that opinion.

And that is just my opinion, as well.

It certainly would seem that I am the only one of this opinion. But I have also asked that any rejoinders at least have reasons for countering this "opinion". An opinion I arrived at after much research and asking myself the same questions that everyone has asked and discussed about this creature's make up. The DNA stuff, the eye shine, the "animalness" of it. How it gets around and where, what it eats, how it winters, road crossing events, staring at headlights, killing animals, bluff charging, apparent seasonal habits, sharing habit with other bears, and a myriad other things like climbing trees and taking handouts from Habituators. In fact I shudder at that part if what I'm seeing is true- that they are primate shaped bears. It puts a different spin on habituation. Anyway, there's a lot more to this and getting the thread started required me knowing I was putting my neck on the block. But I need to know if anyone else was thinking this way. Yep, I could be the only one. ME, ol' hiflier, thinking outside the box again ;)

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Hi M. I can see in the case of dogmen the similarities to the wolf. In the case od similarities of Sasquatch to bears not so much- at least physically but it explains much for what has been witnessed regarding the creatures mentality. At the very least it explains the DNA conundrum and the reports of eye shine, it's nocturnal habits, and it's general demeanor when encountered. Question for you then MagniAesir. Do bears sway sometimes when they stand up? Haven't found much info on that.

As you probably know, I do not believe that sasquatch (or for that matter dogmen) exist.

Bears can move side to side while standing up to see

The problem with your DNA theory is that a bear  in human for would have a different DNA signature than a normal black bear

much like an Asiatic black bear has a different DNA sequence than a North American black bear

The major difference in morphology between your sasquatch/bear and a black bear would cause major differences in their DNA

Edited by MagniAesir

What you have described  is what many sightings are based on.  Not man apes  which surely do not exist , but  misidentifications  of bears. 

Certainly, that does not explain all of the accounts, but  I am quite sure  most of them.  There is obviously  no bear in the Patterson  film. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

If someone wants to think these are bears, I have no problem.  I used to think BF was BS.

But the one I saw.  Up close.  That was like a man, but not human.  

As far as the eye shine, the thing I saw had really big eyes, and being primarily a nocturnal creature - eye shine causes me no problem at all, and certainly doesn't indicate it's a bear.

I don't know anything about sheepsquatch, dogman, rugaru, or other things others claim to have seen.  I only can reference what I have seen.

I have no doubt you saw something.  It could be imagined, mistaken or hoaxed.  That certainly does not  make it a  Sasquatch type creature. 

We must  continue the search until  a real specimen  is collected and examined.  Otherwise it is all  folklore  and conjecture.

• Upvote 1

FarArcher, of course one would not think bear. Because it didn't look like a bear. As you say- it looked more Human in shape. What I'm getting at is that though it looked more Human the "Humaness" was only because of its shape. Under that shape is the mentality, intelligence, and cunning of a bear that cannot create a wheel or fire- but one that is more enhanced because that Human shape has allowed it to be more versatile, more dexterous, A bipedal bear with hands. Now, it may not BE a bear but it has all the things a bear has and more, and does all the things a bear does and more. I have had misgivings about Sasquatch hair samples and other physical evidence that come back bear.

It stands to reason that though hunters take down bears a bears physicality has limited it on both movement and thought, Its body only necessitates a certain level of activity so it will only learn what its body allows it to in order survive. In other words the body dictates the functionality as well as how smart it is in what it can and needs to learn. Throw that bear into a Human shape and things escalate. Give it size, give it hands, give it bipedalism, and one has a bear that is off the scale in what it can now do and learn.

It may have Black Bear hair and some "unknowns" in its DNA. If this creature is a bear then its DNA could very well match up with that of another bear. It's just that this particular bear has a primate's body. Couldn.t begin to tell you how such a thing could come into existence. But since we don't how Sasquatch came to be anyway the playing field might be pretty level for "guesses" and speculations.

Edited by hiflier

That is a question that has been often discussed. Bears evidently do not hibernate in the sense that they sleep all winter. They occasionally do leave the den during the season. Much has been talked about regarding what Sasquatch does in the winter regarding food supply, shelter from bitter cold, and major storms with blizzard like conditions. There are ideas like them disturbing bat colonies (or not) by possibly consuming them in caves along with the use of the caves themselves as temporary shelters, and other subjects specific to the season such as becoming a near 100% predator.

It's an interesting time of year regarding the creature. Report tallies do suggest fewer sightings which could be due just to lower Human presence or that they do hole up somewhere or leave areas entirely even if it's to go to another side of a mountain such as the South facing side. It has been suggested also that they may collect in the warmer environments of bogs as well.

But since there's yet to be proof of existence it is basically all speculation- even this thread 

Edited by hiflier