Bigfoot Boredom

Lake County Bigfooot

Having frequented the threads since 2013, I have come to a point where I have gotten bored with the dialogue we often find here. Like in the Pink Floyd song, "running over the same old ground, till we found, the same old"....insert your choice of words, mine would be themes. There really is not anything new to discuss. It is my conclusion that most of what is done here is for the purpose of defining our individual beliefs or views, or convincing others of them. What if we tried something different, perhaps the skeptics spend some time arguing the other side, and likewise the believers doing the same. Anyone familiar with debate knows that you must know the argument from both sides, but I am not really talking about debate, I am talking about thought. To really put yourself in the shoes of someone else, and try to imagine their perspective. I know that some would laugh at this prospect, but actually it would be a healthy change from our somewhat dusty routine.

• Upvote 2

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I think the idea of boredom is under explored.

How much can be said about an animal that has never been discovered?

I'm not the sure the idea of forums and "interesting progress" are consonant. 

Everything is on a wheel.

Older guys leave, new guys come, and you have to start over time and again.

So, we have the loaded wheel, and just give it another spin.

You cannot argue for something you do or don't believe in......or more importantly something that is or isn't supported by your personal experiences.

It is what it is.

5 hours ago, Sasfooty said:

Boredom sets in when the "goal" is set too low. After a certain amount of "scientific" discussion mostly limited to tracks, calls, hair, cameras, & the proper gun to "harvest a specimen" (which must be 100% flesh & blood), there's no doubt that boredom will eventually set in.

Raise the goal, & rise above science's self imposed limits, & boredom will disappear.

I agree with you here! even better is just go out there with no gun and no camera and in the dark and sit in one place where they frequent and see what happens. I bet you will not have boredom no more! Every so often it is good to get the ol heart racing, let's you know that you are alive. Once you pass those limits it's science all over after that. No more boredom and more like excitement.

• Upvote 2

Can you imagine what this place would look like if say only ~10% of the BFRO Class A reports witnesses came over here and could recount and then discuss their experience(s) in a healthy, adult manner without all the juvenile "it's my sandbox" antics?

• Upvote 1

I tried to revive the "scariest sighting" threads because I enjoy reading and discussing the sighting reports. That's what I loved doing here.  The arguing and posturing gets old quickly. Enough said..

• Upvote 3

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I'll tell a sighting to relieve the boredom.

Someone I worked with a decade or two ago.

He claimed when he was younger, I'm guessing teens, he was in the Grand Tetons with another kid.

The kids father was a Bigfoot researcher and had gone up onto a ridgeline in the Tetons to reconnoiter and do his research, whatever that might have been, I think he may have had binoculars.

They were at a pond at the base of the mountain and a juvenile came out of the woods on the other side.

I'm guessing they checked each other for a little while.

Probably 30 years ago, and that is all I remember of the tale. 

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

1 hour ago, Cryptic Megafauna said:

I'll tell a sighting to relieve the boredom.

Someone I worked with a decade or two ago.

He claimed when he was younger, I'm guessing teens, he was in the Grand Tetons with another kid.

The kids father was a Bigfoot researcher and had gone up onto a ridgeline in the Tetons to reconnoiter and do his research, whatever that might have been, I think he may have had binoculars.

They were at a pond at the base of the mountain and a juvenile came out of the woods on the other side.

I'm guessing they checked each other for a little while.

Probably 30 years ago, and that is all I remember of the tale. 

Ummm....thats a story to relieve boredom? lol.  I guess I got one too.....

A guy saw something and I think it saw him.  I think the guys father had a pocket knife on him.  

I'm just jesting here, good effort CM.

Maybe we need a "who can come up with the best hoax story" thread....But then again, I guess things get complicated enough here, already....