Bigfoot Boredom

Lake County Bigfooot

1 hour ago, Lake County Bigfooot said:

...look how many class A sightings come from deer hunters in tree stands...quite a few...

Would be nice to compile a list of those kinds of encounters LCB.

BFF Patron
On 9/2/2016 at 11:13 AM, guyzonthropus said:

SWW-that last encounter you mentioned sounds a bit unnerving! But I'm sure from their perspective, you had it coming..."How dare that dwarf come into our area and act like that! Why of course I broke a tree at him!"

My next contact I got zapped and did not even know they were around before hand.      I suppose that was my payback.   I was just a few hundred yards from where I got growled at.    In retrospect me trying to get one to break cover was stupid.  The only thing I could have done to make it worse was pull out my gun and cover myself as I backed out.     It certainly destroyed any good will or trust they had towards me up to that point.   Up to then our interactions were playful,  at least from their actions.   

Edited by SWWASAS

Here is what I did to ease my boredom, I went to the spot in my marsh behind my house where I have heard tree knocking, as well as a tree going down, it was where I originally heard whoooooooop whoooooooooop  sounds after fireworks in 2013. I think the below picture area serves as a blind for the young sasquatch, it is directly adjacent to a very well worn deer trail in the choke down area my marsh serves as between the lakes and a farmers soybeans, or peas, or corn, depending on the year. The sticks are all broken off and seeming laid out a bit in a row, and the rock looks a bit tool like and was placed in the crotch area of the bottom of this tree, not a natural placement for that rock. So I find this quite interesting, but also very subtle. 

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

226.JPGThis area is what I talk about in the Urban Bigfoot thread, but actually it is far from Urban, so that is a bit of hyperbole, just to beg the question of how far into human civilization would they dare to come, here is just a mile or two north of my house and the above pictured area. Deer come from the lakes area and travel into my marsh to get to the farm field and travel back to the lakes, the depression/deer blind is along that path....

IMG_0560.JPG

013.JPG

Ironically, in 2013, my birthday is July 2nd and my wife had just bought me a trail cam, I was just getting used to when I had the incident happen on the 4rth, and then again on the 12th, both very pronounced Sasquatch whoooooop calls, one out of excitement and one out of fear, both by an obvious Juvenile, because the tone was higher then the adult that answered. I never have heard them since in going on 4 summers of recording. Too bad, because at first that juvenile was prone to give himself away, I think mamma got him to not vocalize that way, that must have been a learning curve thing, but now he seems to have reverted to good old fashion wood knocking, though the obvious thing is that humans are not in the marsh doing that, so it still is conspicuous, although they do not seem to think so....a bit of flawed logic on their part....deer regularly frequent the backyard looking for apples... the afore mentioned deer blind pictured previously is strait through all that buckthorn straight ahead of this picture, facing the marsh side of my backyard. This pic is about 24 hours after I heard the juvenile, that set up probably kept him from coming back into my yard, but it did not stop this yearling doe.

My property is like so many on the outskirts of more metropolitan areas, it borders larger expanses of nature all the while feeling like a little neighborhood, but pan out on google earth and you see all the open spaces, it really should not surprise me that Sasquatch would use this area, it makes perfect sense in many ways. People generally do not spend time outdoors around here, at least not that much time in their backyards. My wife is perhaps the most prolific outdoors person in the neighborhood, primarily due to gardening and planters she keeps up. We cleared some of the bordering brush that separates us from the marsh, but truthfully you cannot even see into the marsh except in the winter months. The foliage including vines and tree cover is enough to protect the inhabitants of the marsh. The very large heron rookery was established for these same reasons. When you try to locate a spot where Sasquatch activity might occur, think out of the box, the main reason will be food sources, and the proximity of water as well, escape routes and larger expanses of natural habitat, not necessarily trees either, these creatures can make use of tall grasses, cattails, and even hilly terrain to serve as cover. Do not underestimate them...Just as an exercise, consider the nearest available area they might use occasionally around you, maybe a nearby greenway connects to a river or stream, these are often found abutting suburbia. I know of three or four class A sightings right next to populated suburbs. They like pushing the envelope, even raiding suburban vegetable gardens that border corridors of habitat. Railroad tracks also serve as excellent travel routes, and large prints were found in the snow in an industrial complex on a rail in the near suburbs of Chicago a couple winters back. These rails connect to large expanses of forest preserves to the west and south, but one of these guys was pushing the envelope and probably chasing deer or coyotes into the industrial area. While some may think this is fanciful and not really possible due to the amount of humans in an area, we commonly see coyotes and other predators, even mountain lions, moving near the edges of cities, bear will do the same looking for food. It makes sense, and more discreet animals find ways to stay hidden. Simply put, Humans = Food, or food for creatures that are food for other creatures...we create a food chain of sorts.

• Upvote 1

LCB,

Regarding your OP, the reason appears to be obvious. For too long faith and credence has been afforded the celebrity faction of Sasquatchery. To wit, the Four Horsemen had nary a single encounter amongst themselves.

IMO, the real people of Sasquatchery are the ones with actual firsthand experience yet seek not the notoriety alleged associated with this endeavor. 

You will gain access to them to them by approaching them with respect and dignity and dispensing with any and all agenda. 

Listen, learn and then you may be able to understand what it means to walk in a quiet grace.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

We have basically pushed well into their habitat so like deer, bear and cougar, it is not surprising that they would venture into more human populated areas.    Some places deer are so plentiful in cities that it is not surprising BF would follow them there.   Ashland Oregon comes to mind.   But how many people are out and about between 11PM and 4 AM?     So I think it very unlikely that one would be seen in suburban areas other than an occasional road crossing,  which we in surprising numbers in some populated country, and suburban areas.     We cannot expect much difference between their behavior and bear and cougar other than BF are probably smarter and less likely to be seen.   I can see most people at night in a suburban environment on seeing a bipedal figure in the dark, would assume it is some sort of freaky guy in dark clothes wandering around their neighborhood.   

Edited by SWWASAS

6 hours ago, Lake County Bigfooot said:

All very good points, who are those four horseman of today?

The purported originals were, Krantz, Dahindren, Green & Byrne

IMO, there aren't any new ones as the current crop primarily represents the north end of a southbound horse.

Well stated, I might look at Meldrum, Bindernagel, as two of my modern Horseman, although they too have fallen victim to the circus mentality surrounding our subject.

As far as these creatures venturing nearer to larger populations, it might mean that we will have a greater chance at studying them and knowing their behavior. While I readily admit that they do this, I suggest that it is only in very small numbers and moving about often over a fairly large area, that is what I think allows them to remain undetected as well as not exhaust any one area of food resources.

Just the other night my wife heard our knocker at about 4am while she was staying up working on school stuff, she is a teacher. Then the very next night I had a great horned owl screeching in my window, either it got startled or it was begging for food, it was very loud. Strangely this happened also at 4am ish so I wonder if it was reacting to something, like it got flushed from wherever it was perched. It is weird the vibe I get when they are around, I know it before they do anything to give it away, although I think very subtle things do give them away, a faint knock, or vocal, is often what I hear. I heard something several times like that in the last week. It usually becomes more apparent with distinct wood knocking and interaction with the coyotes.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 2:34 PM, SWWASAS said:

We have basically pushed well into their habitat so like deer, bear and cougar, it is not surprising that they would venture into more human populated areas.    Some places deer are so plentiful in cities that it is not surprising BF would follow them there.   Ashland Oregon comes to mind.   But how many people are out and about between 11PM and 4 AM?     So I think it very unlikely that one would be seen in suburban areas other than an occasional road crossing,  which we in surprising numbers in some populated country, and suburban areas.     We cannot expect much difference between their behavior and bear and cougar other than BF are probably smarter and less likely to be seen.   I can see most people at night in a suburban environment on seeing a bipedal figure in the dark, would assume it is some sort of freaky guy in dark clothes wandering around their neighborhood.   

Standing in stark refutation of the idea that "something that big couldn't get away with hanging around us" is the megatonnage of reports indicating that oh, they very do.  Your last sentence probably explains a lot of 'vagrants' that don't get reported.