This Bigfoot Problem

FarArcher

Time and again, a lot of discussions seem to go in circles, and eventually, everyone ends up right back where the started.

I had a distinct advantage, I believe.  In fact, I know it was an advantage.

I had zero preconceived notions on these things as I didn't have any idea any such thing existed.  So after my own personal, very close observations, followed by weeks of other observations and experiences, one might say I was fairly open minded.

Here, I see so many with preconceived notions - whether they deny their existence - believe in their existence - have had some hairy/troubling encounters - or fall somewhere else on the topic.

I often see folks say, "I don't see squat."  Or, "something this big would be found."  Or, "they're too big to hide."  Or, "I can't find diddly squat - therefore - they must be few."  Or, "where to they live, as we can't find where they live."  Or, any number of assumptions that are largely based on their own personal beliefs, and they assume their abilities to discern such tracks or evidence of passing, when in fact, they are likely using approaches that are successful in hunting other animals, and are erroneous in applying those techniques to BF.

Obstinance seems to be the order of the day, here.  Everyone digs their heels in to hold their own personal beliefs, and no one learns a thing.

Me?  I try to frame a concept time to time, to give others a hint of what's going on.  Something to study.  Something to take advantage of.  But I get crap for even trying that.  It's like dealing with a bunch of third graders at times.  And yes, I know a few things I'm not about to share - it took too much work and far to long to just toss it out.  I'll be using those things myself.  Too many people just want to be spoon fed and don't want to put in the work, the analysis, and the proving.  And worse - when one drops seemingly disjointed hints - seemingly - you have someone attack you.  

At this moment, I know - and I mean I KNOW - three separate locations, where three separate clans live, hunt, feed, and drink.  I am not foolish enough to go "hunt" them, and in turn upset their comfort zone until I can do it right.  If I know where a twelve point buck lives and feeds and when, why would I go pester him before hunting season, when I can take him legally?  Why would I risk forcing him to relocate, or change his habits - when he's perfectly happy sticking to his routine since no one is bothering him?

If you already know what you know, and you're so convinced it's the correct approach, why aren't you successful?  If your approach is so encompassing, so accurate and so successful, what's the holdup?  More often, it's not what you don't know that messes you up - it's the many things you know - that are not correct - that messes you up.

At times, it's real good to start with a clean sheet of paper.  

You may not know what you think you know.

• Upvote 1

I believe you, FA and appreciate what you've shared. I'm not sure what you consider success, although I guess you mean (video?) proof. It doesn't sound like you want to kill one, at least.

There is no "problem", only a lot of people not paying attention. Hey, what about that tiger problem! Yeah, those **** problem orcas! See how that sounds?

I know a lot more than I knew three years ago, because I've paid attention. To surroundings, to maps, and to people with a lot of experience. Anyone can do the same.

• Upvote 1

The so-called BF Community cannot even agree on the P-G film.

The "Four Horsemen" of Sasquatch Life never had a personal encounter.

Organized groups with a combined decades of time in the field (BFRO expeditions, GCBRO, NAWAC, et. al.) have absolutely nothing in the way of verifiable forensic evidence.

IMO, the above constitute nothing more than an Ark of mamby-pamby which continues to be fueled by a junior high mentality, pervasive within the BFC.

It's Einstein's definition of insanity, in full bloom.

Am aware of five (5) individuals that experienced personal encounters and (to a man) have stated they would never venture near a BF website after reading/hearing of the savaging of those that unfortunately ventured therein and published their accounts.

IMO, there's being aware of the potential for hoaxing/lying and there's also pizzing in the campfire thinking that's the way to signal others to the location.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, norseman said:

I'm going to be frank here.

The reason you receive a lot of flak? Is because you make a lot of unsubstantiated claims. Add to that? You talk down to people because of your claimed vast military experience.

Your on a Internet forum, we don't have access to your DD214...... And thus far you have shown us nothing in way of proof.

If you were us? What would you believe?

Added: 

When anything you say gets called into question? You become super defensive.

I got the impression long ago that my military background kind of stuck in your craw.  If I were an engineer, I'd probably try to address this BF thing from an engineering standpoint somehow.  If I were a professional trapper, I'd probably address BF from a trapper standpoint.  Same if I had an extensive background in any other endeavor that one can mention - but I don't have those other backgrounds - so I can only go with what I have to go with.

I don't talk down to folks from my background, but if I tell someone that I will have a very specific need - and they try to argue a generality - then yes, we'll disagree.  I'm thinking, "they're not listening.  not even trying."  If someone spits out some generality, completely unrelated to a previously specified requirement - I mean - what's behind this?  If I'm talking specifically about a Damascus plum, why are they insisting that a pineapple is the way to go?  And that's "talking down?"

You yourself, have indicated you've looked, but haven't found anything.  I resort to what I know, and my own experience, to demonstrate that it's really not hard to hide from folks that are looking for you.  You have to read between the lines a bit.

Yes, I'm on an internet forum.  No, you don't have access to my DD214, which lists medals, qualifications, MOS's and some units.  I once put something out that anyone could have Googled, (and some have) and they would have had their questions answered about my background to their satisfaction.  You missed it.  Or elected to not look.  Which is not in the spirit of honestly making a fair determination.  It's much easier to just repeat the same derogatory statements, isn't it?  

I was one of the few - the one percent of the one percent.  Believe it, deny it, ignore it - your choice.  It doesn't take a single bite out of my mouth.  The fact that our average test scores exceeded scores of those who entered West Point - should give you one more indicator - but it probably won't.

I've actually been "checked out" quite thoroughly by some members here, and the information they shared that they found on me was quite a surprise - as they brought up a couple things I'd forgotten.  I've been contacted by them.  We've had some very informative, well developed conversations, where I learned some things you'll never see here - oddly - by some who just really are tired of the sniping and jerking around in these forums.  

There's a reason a lot of the older, really well informed posters pretty much quit coming here.  I'm starting to find it tiresome myself.

I don't really mind if someone is ignorant on something, as I'm ignorant of tens of millions of subjects - but I find that to voluntarily elect to remain that way is just not productive.

Thus, this thread.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Yuchi1 said:

It's Einstein's definition of insanity, in full bloom

Yuchi1

Yes, I needed this laugh!

These guys are not like big bucks or even like deer. They have a mind of their own when you come down to it. You know Faracher you start talking clans and all. You be in a heep of trouble with all them . But a good picture would do wonders  and I have tried , I almost thought I had a good picture of one because of their stealth it turned out to be a stumped. But I had to walk up to it with my bow to make sure. Yes big time heart pounding there. Felt good when I knew it was a stump. :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JKH said:

I believe you, FA and appreciate what you've shared. I'm not sure what you consider success, although I guess you mean (video?) proof. It doesn't sound like you want to kill one, at least.

There is no "problem", only a lot of people not paying attention. Hey, what about that tiger problem! Yeah, those **** problem orcas! See how that sounds?

I know a lot more than I knew three years ago, because I've paid attention. To surroundings, to maps, and to people with a lot of experience. Anyone can do the same.

Oh, I was using a question - success to some would be a body - and if what they know is so useful, where is the body?  

No, not exactly.  I have no problem killing one - assuming I'm not at a distinct tactical and LOP disadvantage like I was previously.  To fire that day would have been suicide.

Tigers.  Yes.  At night, they have their ways, I have mine.  My way was 'better.'  Once.

As I've said, I've been blessed by some very informed people who generally don't post here, but got in contact with me, or let me get in contact with them.  I learned some very fascinating things, things that really reinforced some of my postulations - vague though they were.

I like the way you think - everyone can learn if they'll just pay attention, do some homework, and get with those who just may have some key information that I don't.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FarArcher said:

I got the impression long ago that my military background kind of stuck in your craw.  If I were an engineer, I'd probably try to address this BF thing from an engineering standpoint somehow.  If I were a professional trapper, I'd probably address BF from a trapper standpoint.  Same if I had an extensive background in any other endeavor that one can mention - but I don't have those other backgrounds - so I can only go with what I have to go with.

I don't talk down to folks from my background, but if I tell someone that I will have a very specific need - and they try to argue a generality - then yes, we'll disagree.  I'm thinking, "they're not listening.  not even trying."  If someone spits out some generality, completely unrelated to a previously specified requirement - I mean - what's behind this?  If I'm talking specifically about a Damascus plum, why are they insisting that a pineapple is the way to go?  And that's "talking down?"

You yourself, have indicated you've looked, but haven't found anything.  I resort to what I know, and my own experience, to demonstrate that it's really not hard to hide from folks that are looking for you.  You have to read between the lines a bit.

Yes, I'm on an internet forum.  No, you don't have access to my DD214, which lists medals, qualifications, MOS's and some units.  I once put something out that anyone could have Googled, (and some have) and they would have had their questions answered about my background to their satisfaction.  You missed it.  Or elected to not look.  Which is not in the spirit of honestly making a fair determination.  It's much easier to just repeat the same derogatory statements, isn't it?  

I was one of the few - the one percent of the one percent.  Believe it, deny it, ignore it - your choice.  It doesn't take a single bite out of my mouth.  The fact that our average test scores exceeded scores of those who entered West Point - should give you one more indicator - but it probably won't.

I've actually been "checked out" quite thoroughly by some members here, and the information they shared that they found on me was quite a surprise - as they brought up a couple things I'd forgotten.  I've been contacted by them.  We've had some very informative, well developed conversations, where I learned some things you'll never see here - oddly - by some who just really are tired of the sniping and jerking around in these forums.  

There's a reason a lot of the older, really well informed posters pretty much quit coming here.  I'm starting to find it tiresome myself.

I don't really mind if someone is ignorant on something, as I'm ignorant of tens of millions of subjects - but I find that to voluntarily elect to remain that way is just not productive.

Thus, this thread.

Your military experience doesn't stick in my craw at all. 

What sticks in my craw are self proclaimed experts of Bigfoot that have NOTHING to back it up with. I'll openly admit that your stories are not nearly as wild as Yuchi's are. I mean his stories have blood and gore and roaring and military snipers crying like babies.....exciting stuff.

But you seem to be heading down the same path.

You need proof of your claims, or this website will drum you out of here as it has done with countless others. 

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, it's just a fact.

• Upvote 1

You guys didn't drum anyone out - they found many posters here to be uninformed, rude, and very limited in their thinking - and they LEFT.

I never said anything about being a expert on Bigfoot.  Now if you're bestowing that title on me yourself - I'd have to turn it down.

I've made it clear - I'm not a BF enthusiast - I'm not a BF hunter - I'm not a BF researcher - and stated clearly - I don't even like these things.  That must be irritating - and emotion can sometimes work against you.

Going to what?  Drum me out of here?  Because I served in the military?  And share the field proven reasons you're maybe not seeing anything?

Oh!  I get it!  You're the BF expert!  Who would have guessed?

Keep doing it your way.  It seems to be working so very well.

• Upvote 2

I'm no expert, but then....you have already stated as much.

Which I had then assumed that made you the expert.....Mr. Field Proven.

And my way? Has much more to show for it than your way. All you have offered up is hot air.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, norseman said:

I'm no expert, but then....you have already stated as much.

Which I had then assumed that made you the expert.....Mr. Field Proven.

And my way? Has much more to show for it than your way. All you have offered up is hot air.

I haven't seen any of your scalps.

I will say it yet again.  I'm not a BF hunter.

• Upvote 2

• salubrious locked this topic
  • salubrious unlocked and locked this topic
  • salubrious unlocked this topic