This Bigfoot Problem

FarArcher

Wild tales carry the weight only so far. You're sure welcome to provide a bit more beef. Have at it!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ShadowBorn said:

Yuchi1

Yes, I needed this laugh!

These guys are not like big bucks or even like deer. They have a mind of their own when you come down to it. You know Faracher you start talking clans and all. You be in a heep of trouble with all them . But a good picture would do wonders  and I have tried , I almost thought I had a good picture of one because of their stealth it turned out to be a stumped. But I had to walk up to it with my bow to make sure. Yes big time heart pounding there. Felt good when I knew it was a stump. :)

Yeah, that's the reason for such success with these things.  

You gotta know what you're up against.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Yuchi1 said:

Am aware of five (5) individuals that experienced personal encounters and (to a man) have stated they would never venture near a BF website after reading/hearing of the savaging of those that unfortunately ventured therein and published their accounts.

IMO, there's being aware of the potential for hoaxing/lying and there's also pizzing in the campfire thinking that's the way to signal others to the location.

The first time I offered a photo of a footprint that had unusual providence one member got after me pretty hard. That was a while ago, before I understood at the 'Report Post' feature, which allowed me to alert a moderator that there was a problem.

Who knows if I will ever come across evidence or have an encounter again! But for some reason, having had an encounter I don't seem to get razed for it.

But there is that thing about 'extraordinary claims' and the fact is I have one of those and nothing else to show, but I make no bones about it. When someone makes a claim and does not seem to be able to deal with the fact that they have nothing to show then I think they get themselves in trouble. Human nature and all that.

Sal,

I totally understand your position and also appreciate those with a healthy skepticism and the questions they would have and the right to get answers to them. What I take issue is with those that get off on the snarky trail and have noticed (in checking their profiles) they virtually all possess one common denominator...no personal encounter. Not that it invalidates their relevance in the discussion but it does appear to explain the rationale for some of the juvenile behavior especially as evidenced in the site's private sections. The lasting effect though is their opinions are rendered somewhat moot, as well as predictable.

Edited by Yuchi1
sentence structure

21 minutes ago, Yuchi1 said:

Sal,

I totally understand your position and also appreciate those with a healthy skepticism and the questions they would have and the right to get answers to them. What I take issue is with those that get off on the snarky trail and have noticed (in checking their profiles) they virtually all possess one common denominator...no personal encounter. Not that it invalidates their relevance in the discussion but it does appear to explain the rationale for some of the juvenile behavior especially as evidenced in the site's private sections. The lasting effect though is their opinions are rendered somewhat moot, as well as predictable.

Agreed.  Someone has doubts - I used to sit with them - so I have no problem with it.

But some get downright snarky, and they're really not wanting to learn anything, or try to figure something out - they just want to argue.  And I'm up for it.  I've dealt with jerks all my life, so I'll take the time.  

I find it interesting that you also noted that the most opinionated are also the ones who never got close and personal with the subject of discussion.  And if you try to bring in experience to relate a correlation - they deride that even worse.  

As to those "private sections," I have it on good word that I apparently - without intent - ran a bunch over there so they could discuss me without recourse.  I find that hilarious and a bit satisfying.  

Yuchi, you're one that I've learned some things on, and I appreciate your sharing.  It really is difficult to get folks to provide details or even a basic narrative, and I'm appreciative of each and every single one.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, salubrious said:

But there is that thing about 'extraordinary claims' and the fact is I have one of those and nothing else to show, but I make no bones about it. When someone makes a claim and does not seem to be able to deal with the fact that they have nothing to show then I think they get themselves in trouble. Human nature and all that.

Thank you. As I stated, upthread: It's silly to be hurt and defensive when one's uncorroborated report isn't accepted. 

3 hours ago, salubrious said:

The first time I offered a photo of a footprint that had unusual providence one member got after me pretty hard. That was a while ago, before I understood at the 'Report Post' feature, which allowed me to alert a moderator that there was a problem.

Who knows if I will ever come across evidence or have an encounter again! But for some reason, having had an encounter I don't seem to get razed for it.

You gotta understand - what you and me, and others have experienced may have been a bit unusual, but to a handful here, they are classified as "extraordinary claims."

If we'd reported seeing a crazy house cat tear up seven pit bulls, and also put the dog walker in the hospital - that may seem a bit unusual - although true - and it would be pretty much ignored.

But if we report what we saw - and it has anything to do with BF, although there are thousands of very similar stories - suddenly - that's an "extraordinary claim."  

Just consider the sources of the forever "Irritated Ones."  They're just aggravated they never had an experience, and gotta get all petty about it.

• Upvote 1

Rather than quote select passages, I'll merely post a link to the BFF charter, strongly inviting each new member to read and understand. You'll find a paragraph about " Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Choose to deny that if you will, but it was expected you understand that before your first posting, here.

I don't believe you, FarArcher. I need not explain the reasons, nor can you provide any whit of evidence to back your claims. Get mad, make threatening postings (you'd have put a bullet into me, evidently. "You suggest a man is untruthful in those places, it's a shooting matter.") Wow. Pin a rose upon your derriere. I'm not scared, I've dealt with LongTabber upon these very pages. BTW, are you a NC chicken farmer?

Edited by Incorrigible1
  • Upvote 1

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I've seen extraordinary things.

I post because it is human nature to tell stories and share.

Some will attack and make demands, the smarter ones will try to tease the full story out.

In some cases I could have offered proof and possibly helped some opportunist to make a name for himself.

I don't for obvious reasons and bear the occasional hostile abuse silently for the most part, but I'm human so sometimes I lower myself to the abusers level.

Perhaps sometimes I am the abuser so I have to be careful to not be a hypocrite.

As above so below: and here are at least two side to every story.

I think somethings I see and others similar to me are vibratory in nature and you have to be attuned to that vibration. There is an even higher nature as well.

All subsidiary natures are a part of that nature as well.

All is well.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Appreciate your posting, CM. I tend to believe you. My natural default position isn't necessarily to disbelief, but insisting that every detail of every story I tell is unquestionable, I find boring and boorish. You? I don't automatically doubt what you describe, nor do you aggressively insist I accept it as gospel.

I think there may be something out there, in cover dense enough to provide, and then only a remnant, or minuscule population.

On 8/19/2016 at 9:29 PM, FarArcher said:

Remember the Cannabis statement you made - that was entirely false?  Since I corrected you on that, and others, I don't expect you to believe me if I told you gravity sucks. 

You corrected me to the possibility bigfoot might use grain alcohol to "cure" marijuana. You used your silly theory to somehow "prove" my contention that marijuana needs burned or fried to release its intoxicating properties.

Did the creature you see run across your vision carry a canister of alcohol?

On 8/19/2016 at 9:37 PM, Incorrigible1 said:

You corrected me to the possibility bigfoot might use grain alcohol to "cure" marijuana. You used your silly theory to somehow "prove" my contention that marijuana needs burned or fried to release its intoxicating properties.

You simply didn't understand what THC is, and its characteristics.  Gotta be careful about making clearly false claims.

Maybe these Sasquatch far archer is seeing wear flat black bib overalls and play banjo on Saturday nights? LOL.

• salubrious locked this topic
  • salubrious unlocked and locked this topic
  • salubrious unlocked this topic