Bigfoot Hogwash

Lake County Bigfooot

The title of this thread is somewhat muted to due to rules in the forum, but what I am getting at is the sensationalizing of Bigfoot. Shows like the Bigfoot Outlaws, certain episodes of Sasquatch Chronicles and others, all contrived BS in order to capture listeners or viewers. This is a problem in getting across the message of a real creature of this type existing. Now from what I know of the individuals in both of those podcasts, they have some real sasquatch exposure, so why do you have to spin a yarn to get more listeners....Coonbo.....respected for all his years of research...Bear...the same, yet consistently their show has elaborate stories, like one I heard recently of a guy who was found broken backward and placed back in his truck, I mean Coonbo can sell a story, but even while he is spinning the yarn you can hear his wheels ticking, like, what comes next...is it entertaining....yes, but for those of us interested only in the truth about these creatures such stories cloud that reality. Often such stories are paraphrased as "someone once told me this", or I heard of this second hand from "so and so". Names, dates, and places, are curiously non specific or generalized, it is obvious. In fact the host of the Bigfoot Outlaws admits routinely that they are BS ing the listeners, and I for one do not need that extra spice in my bigfoot soup...although at times it seems tasty. Then on the other hand I started that other thread Bigfoot Boredom not long ago, so maybe that is their point...they simply got bored with Bigfoot.

Edited by VAfooter

LCB, they are doing that to increase traffic, check out their visit counts of late.  Just an entertainment show now.  Same with all the other shows that go this route.  There are still a few decent blog talk shows out there, but their traffic tends to be a fraction of Chronicles or Outlaws.

The horse "assaulting" episodes a few months back on Outlaws was truly a low point...

SASwhat is something of an outlier in this trend, with serious discussion and high traffic.  I think they pull in listeners since they are known for their films.

• Upvote 1

Monster X, while typically not that entertaining, maybe do to format of the show, at least tries to stick to some reality as well. But if I hear Gunner plug his coffee one more time I swear I will..... still better than allot of what is being put out there as truth...and maybe the super, way over the top, version of Bigfoot Outlaws is intended for people to realize it is all just entertainment and talented story telling, problem is, it damages the credibility of anything those individuals claim is true otherwise, it simply makes them entertainers rather than researchers. Maybe that is all they want at this point, a few laughs and some good times, or is it money making? I doubt anyone but perhaps Wes Germer is making much of a living off it. The thing about Sasquatch Chronicles is that he does have real witnesses most of the time, that I do not doubt. I think his show has proven that such format works for both listeners and the host, although his Bob Garret episodes and others were questionable in my opinion.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Podcasts is a product. To sell a product you gotta pull the people in by what ever means necessary, or you don't have a product. I quit listening to SC over a year ago. I do not listen to the Outlaws anymore either unless my name is being mentioned. I recently put two and two together and figured out who this old woman secret insider was that the Outlaws has on their podcast sometimes with the name "Suzy" that somehow always has this secret government inside information about Bigfoot . Just like Mr. Black was on SC. I called her out on that. So funny it was. Just a crazy old lady with too many cats that belongs to all the woo pages on facebook with absolutely no secret government credentials that she claims to have.

So basically, they gotta make lot of stuff up on these podcasts or there wouldn't be enough fodder to even make an hour long show. Nothing but entertainment. I might believe 2% of the guests on any of these things.

• Upvote 2

• masterbarber locked this topic
  • VAfooter unlocked this topic

Yah I heard a bit of those episodes on both shows, I know that Wes does actually interview real witnesses, but who knows which ones are truthful and not, he wanted me to tell my encounter story on the show, I kind of poo pooed the idea as I thought it was not sensational enough...funny thing... well it certainly adds to the boredom of bigfootery in my opinion that such shows can no longer be trusted, not that they ever could really be trusted. I wonder when the next Biptcast will come out if ever? I miss those area x updates..I wanted to start a Midwest podcast, but time and energy were not available, and getting eyewitnesses and guests every week makes it tedious and time consuming. I do not fault anyone for making money if it takes up all their time to produce such a show, and I think Wes is full time at it. It just would be nice if someone would do it full time and be 100% honest and not sensational, might taste a bit like corn flakes with no sugar, but that can be gotten used to. Bigfoot Eyewitness Radio has had a few interesting guests, but again some of the guests seem questionable, guys with too many encounters...

5 hours ago, Lake County Bigfooot said:

might taste a bit like corn flakes with no sugar

I'm probably one of the few who doesn't put sugar in corn flakes..

If it's not sensationalized there wouldn't be much of an audience. It's not really hard to pick out the bad stories. And some actually made me go, hmm, now that might have actually happened. But for the most part for myself, 90% would sound like a person had started watching FB couple years ago and just wants to say they had an encounter when they actually didn't. I'm sure Wes would love to have our first encounter on his show.

I will say one thing about the Outlaws, even though they dramatize their shows as much as all the the other podcasts, But unlike other podcast hosts, Bear and Coonbo can go to certain places and call them in. That's fact..

Edited by TritonTr196
  • Upvote 1

While I want to believe the reports of Coonbo and Bear and rely on others experience with them, the fact that they have gone "over the top" with the podcast leads me to doubt. A little leaven, leavens the whole lump...at least in my economy of truthfulness...please tell me why I should give someone who is deliberately fabricating stories about bigfoot in order to gain popularity the benefit of the doubt on the rest of their supposed experience? It really taints the whole matter for me...though I love Coonbo and Bears stories, although now that is all they are...stories....I could fabricate a ton based on my experiences, create scenarios of me interacting with the creatures....use my recordings to build on these stories...I have a ton of actual recording of strange stuff...what do I do?

I wait till I have something more substantial to back it up...not elaborate on how good of stuff I have in the wings...because unsubstantiated stuff does not give you a right to any conclusion...I believe in what I HAVE EXPERIENCED AT THIS POINT....ACTUALLY I DOUBT THAT AS WELL....I guess I am just bummed out because I have often used Coonbo and Bears experience as something substantial, and after this realization I can no longer do that, it makes me disregard all of it..

9 hours ago, TritonTr196 said:

I'm probably one of the few who doesn't put sugar in corn flakes..

I bet you put ketchup on hotdogs.

• Upvote 1

To one from Chicagoland, Ketchup on a dog is an abomination...

Working in Wisconsin, running a food concession slash restaurant golf course...I must pander to the ignorance that a hot dog is to be treated like a Brat, when in fact it is nothing of the sort...don't even get me started...

8 minutes ago, TritonTr196 said:

On scrambled eggs also.. And a nice shake of tiger sauce.

My brother puts ketchup on corn dogs, which is obviously a cry for help.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the NAWAC link 1980squatch, it is odd that I started thinking about it on Monday and they posted that add on Tuesday, maybe Bipto is still in touch. I am sure he was looking for a new avenue to talk about their long term area x deal. If you like listening to stories of rock throwing, glimpses, and lost opportunities, so far that is about what they have to show for it, although I would pay good money to stay in that cabin for a week. The attempt to harvest a creature in those confines is pretty remote, especially now that these creatures know who and what they are dealing with, they are not simply dumb apes....unless you consider humans even dumber apes....

• Upvote 2