Bigfoot Harvesting Fruits, Berries & Vegetables.

Branco

I have surmised that the more resources in an area, the smaller the area they need to use, so in your example above they might be pretty predictable to locate. Living in an area where resources are more scattered I wonder if the troop size is smaller, perhaps only family groups and if they are forced to move more frequently. It seems like a more transient version inhabit my part of the Midwest, do you have any thoughts on more farmland and scattered patchy forest areas? I can simply look at the sighting data and see the pattern of movement along the local river systems, but pinning down times and locations of these movements has proven difficult. I am talking about northern and western outlying area of Chicago, which seems ludicrous, but we actually have a fair amount of class A sightings, footprint finds, and class B activity, including in my own backyard where I have recorded woodknocks, moans, and whistles. But I heard unmistakable primate whoops back in 2013 on two occasions.

14 hours ago, dlaw said:

Tal, enjoyed your post as usual.  Very informative; most people probably don't realize how many hours over decades you have put into researching these creatures.  Enjoyed your first book-when are you going to publish another?

Thanks man, I appreciate your comment. Yes Sir, I spent a LOT of time, money and truck/foot-miles messing with the critters, but enjoyed nearly every minute of it. I've got another book started, but it's a slow go. Kindest regards my friend!

I would gladly purchase a copy, let me know where I can find any of your books. It is hard to find someone open to sharing this type of experienced knowledge. All the better if you can get it into an e-book format and on the web, some of the stuff out there is so crappy that I am sure your stuff would be a breath of fresh air. I would include a decent biography as well, given all you have done over the years, your story along side of the research stuff would be great!!

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

1 hour ago, Branco said:

Hmmm, got a Page Not Found from that link...aha, found it and here's the link: Southern Bigfoot Files: Alabama

A belated Happy Birthday to you Tal, we just so happen to share the same birthday month! Hope you were able to do anything/everything you wanted on your day!

Thanks MX! Spent  most of the BD with a chainsaw and tractor, Cutting and burning some BIG trees blown over in a storm. Did have the cake and song thing. Had to forget the candles this year; afraid they might catch the dining room drapes on fire. :o

On 9/16/2016 at 10:51 PM, gigantor said:

Hummm...  if there are families of BF stealing entire fruit crops, wouldn't it be reasonably easy to track them?

let me guess, the witnesses are not interested in providing evidence that BF exists, they don't want to ruin their relationship with the animals, so we shouldn't even ask for evidence because they won't help no matter what. They just want to pass along the experience so we all know that they are "knowers".

And of course,  Branco will respect their wishes and won't reveal the location or any data that would allow confirmation. He just wants us to know that he is connected to knowers and that he is a knower himself.

Next!

:rolleyes:

Obviously, a trail camera would prevent such theft, or it would prove what's stealing the fruit. Perhaps those making such claims could give it a try. What have they got to lose? If the creatures are hungry enough they just might risk being photographed.

5 hours ago, See-Te-Cah NC said:

Obviously, a trail camera would prevent such theft, or it would prove what's stealing the fruit. Perhaps those making such claims could give it a try. What have they got to lose? If the creatures are hungry enough they just might risk being photographed.

Most of these folks don't give a flip about buying trail cameras to prove what's getting the fruit; that know what's getting it. That peach farmer down in AL who called the cops about the thefts from his huge orchard knew what it was; he just wanted the "Law" to know as well. The deputy sheriff saw the tracks, their stride and photographed them. (Don't remember if he cast them or not.) He concluded it was human like, but not human. He had the guts to disclose the facts and his opinions to the press, and it got lots of attention here and in other countries. 

Considering the size of his orchard, it would take a few hundred game cams to cover it. Then, the BF would no doubt go to another orchard in the area to prevent an invasion of his private eating habits.  :angry:

32 minutes ago, Branco said:

Most of these folks don't give a flip about buying trail cameras to prove what's getting the fruit; that know what's getting it.

No, I don't imagine they do, although it would be great if the people telling of them ravaging their fruit crops did give a flip.

Considering the size of his orchard, it would take a few hundred game cams to cover it. Then, the BF would no doubt go to another orchard in the area to prevent an invasion of his private eating habits.  :angry:

Right, right... but Roger Patterson got lucky with one camera. Just a thought. One camera might be enough if there are multiple creatures stealing all of the fruit in a large orchard.

I sometimes think it possible to get a photograph of a bigfoot by causing it to expose itself to one camera as it attempts to avoid two others. 

• Upvote 1

Well I bought a copy of the book, I look forward to reading it sometime here soon. You know I have a small apple tree I suspect the juvenile was after, but it never got stripped of apples, I did place a game cam on it, and only caught deer. It seems to me they know when a game cam is present, and if they show up on it, it is because they are just going to take that chance in that instant, or as with Eve, the temptation proved to great. I do not know why that is, but Les Stroud was confounded how they seemingly harvested apples from places that should have been caught on a game cam, but also noticed that something shook the tree below the game cam and could have dislodged the apples that way.

Thanks for all the great posts!!!

Mr Branco's book is excellent, full of information.

Was listening to a podcast the other day, forget which one. Someone had a close sighting, then found along with tracks, a pile of mushrooms and a large leaf with a bunch of slugs and snails.

• Upvote 1

Read a bit in the book, was your work with the BFRO, or were you independent at that time? I am tempted to go on a BFRO expedition, but time is an issue, all weekends when a golf pro is stuck working. Maybe one this winter in January in the south or something. I would like to become an Investigator for the Northern Ill, Southern Wisconsin area, which I think lacks a local person. I think that you have to have the big picture of activity in an area to know what they possibly could be doing, in my area, along the Fox River in Northeast Illinois(GO CUBS), there seems to be movement north and south along the river, even the class A sightings not directly along the river are connected to it by greenways. My favorite northern Illinois account is the one near Yorkville in the Harris Forest Preserve. The guy is walking his dog for several weeks at night in the winter, his dog had acted nervous on previous occasions, as he is strolling about along the trail he is suddenly standing face to face with a 7 foot + bipedal creature, who begins to scream at him and then takes off into a small pond, meanwhile another creature was directly behind him which also takes off...check your drawers....and all this just off the little old Fox River, then look at the cluster of Class As just to the south near Seneca, then sightings in Algonquin to the north, and activity all the way north where I make my abode. It definitely shows a pattern of movement of some type. I tend to think of it as a larger circle, say 300 miles, then smaller circles within that cirlce, say 15 miles each, they move about the big circle in those smaller circles, within that smaller circle they have a milk run of sorts, a farm field, fruit trees, a marsh, a stream, then on to the next smaller circle...and so on, which is not to say they move in a circular motion, only that they move within that radius in an unpredictable fashion, then to another radius, then to another, basically covering the larger radius over time. Then occasionally the larger radius moves north, south, east, or west, depending on resources or weather. That is what my puny brain can come up with...it is always extremely interesting to get new data.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:56 PM, Lake County Bigfooot said:

It seems to me they know when a game cam is present, and if they show up on it, it is because they are just going to take that chance in that instant, or as with Eve, the temptation proved to great. I do not know why that is, but Les Stroud was confounded how they seemingly harvested apples from places that should have been caught on a game cam, but also noticed that something shook the tree below the game cam and could have dislodged the apples that way.

Thanks for all the great posts!!!

LCB

Like I have said before, I have set up game cams on bait piles and have seen pictures of nothing but one frame after the other taken of nothing. All the pictures taken were all done seconds apart like what ever it was just playing with it. It was one of those flashing game cams and not the infra ones. Even triangulate the game cams so they be watching each other and nothing. This is with the bait pile in the middle and yet nothing but the usual in three different angles.

I do have an idea on how they might have retrieve my bait pile with out leaving tracks and that is by using the trees or even breaking a tree or a bait pile and balancing over this broken tree.  Retrieving all of the bait pile by collecting or even throwing it to another partner. But this is just speculation on my part since it is the only way to explain an over night bait pile steal. So maybe they can or may have some thing to carry large amounts of food.

If they are hitting corn fields or apple orchards or anywhere things are growing where food is available they must have a way to carry this food. I cannot see them gorging them selves out on the spot. There be some large poop finds close to or near these food sources  like other animals. I mean I find deer poo close to bedding and food sources and bear scat I am sure is the same. So what makes these creatures different if we are to believe that they are some sort of primate of a animal kind living in the wild. I have found large size poo in places  but it was to close to human so I refuse to just pack it.   Now this scat is just not right that we do not find it like we do with other animals. I find turkey, deer, coyote, cat, squirrel, bear and even horse. But the Bigfoot scat well I am not sure since I am just some times close to real humans and poo can be from them. Odd in places I find it though.

LCB: No Sir, I was not affiliated with the BFRO until about 3 years ago.

About the dogs walker; it is very typical - especially at night - that BF hunt and forage in pairs or groups. They've always got a few minutes to mess with humans that happen to be along their hunting route at the right time. No doubt the BF knew the man's route LONG before the actual encounter. Just wanted to let him know he should go elsewhere that particular night.

Your opinions about their territory and their travel within in it are not much different from mine and others. They cover the areas needed to provide for their families. Right now, down South, they area sticking as close as possible to good, cold water sources. The lake in the area I usually prowl in was seven feet low yesterday. Found nothing but deer, hog, raccoon, and coyote tracks along the bare shoreline. The only BF tracks - one individual's - were found on a trail leading to a spring fed hole of water at about 1400 feet elevation. Going back ASAP and try to slip in and set out a conceal game cam. (Don't expect much, but might at least see their tracks around the spring.) 

• Upvote 1

• Registration Desk unlocked this topic