• Announcements

• masterbarber

Help Support the BFF   09/08/2016

Help Support the BFF by purchasing a premium membership. Premium members are directly supporting our forum and our ability to keep it up and running. Without this vital resource and our all volunteer staff, we would not be able to sustain a web presence. The annual access fee allows us to maintain server space, renew software subscriptions, purchase new apps that benefit our members or ease efforts for staff and so forth.   The cost is $20.00 (US) per year- per membership, about $1.66 per month. In the future, an alternative may be a members only forum, as a way to continue the forum's funding source. I'm sure most of us would prefer that not be the case. If you are currently enjoying the content you read here then I urge you to Thank the Premium Members and to consider joining in support of the BFF. It's the only way we will continue to provide the current level of content access.    Please follow the below link for all the details: http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/30015-important-news-premium-access-memberships-are-now-available/   Best Regards, masterbarber Director, BFF
    • masterbarber
ewashguy56

New Season of Finding Bigfoot begins in January 2017

46 posts in this topic

Pretty soon it's going to be Finding Bobo... I hope he is well.  

I thought Bobo looked a lot better in the Hawaii episode than last season.  I like the hair short, and it looked like he had been out in the sun a bit.  

Look forward to the "real" episodes....it was obvious they were having fun with this one.  But I saw a vid on FB of Matt saying he knew there were no BFs in the UK, but they go where they are sent and do what they do.

25 years ago, the subject of bigfoot came to my attention because of the stellar work done by the writers of the tabloid the Sun. Those fantastical stories made the creature come alive and seem terrifying but real, human. The weekly rags were entertaining and the enjoyment I got from reading and imagining is very much like the sentiment a larger public is getting from Finding Bigfoot. The entertainment factor, chief on the minds of the producers and network, is the reason to watch the show and I can only hope brings the subject of bigfoot to those who would otherwise be oblivious to it, and to the heritage that is our national wild lands for that matter. I, for one, am glad to see Cliff, Bobo, Matt, and Ranae back. 

On 1/16/2017 at 1:24 PM, spacemonkeymafia said:

Bobo's appearance certainly is different. I hope he is well. 

I think they were wasting their time looking for those little people and in my opinion it showed in their actions on camera. 

It's like they were just going through the motions to fill up the time slot. 

For once I got a real kick out of Matt's skepticism of the boar hunter with the little kid.

Where are they next week? 

The Hawaii episode was a complete joke...   Why were they there? 

Hmm, I can just imagine how the thought went through MM's head.... "How can I finagle a free vacation in Hawaii out of this, under the premise of searching for a mythological small bigfoot type creature??"  

Yes, it certainly did show in their on camera actions and attitudes, but I'll bet it was killer hanging out on the beach sipping frozen drinks for a week+. 

There is no doubt they work hard with the schedules of being in so many different places, meeting people, time in route by plane, car, or other means. If they got a chance to get on a beach in a lovely place then good. Yes, yes, I know I bash 'em a lot and it will happen again- like what's up with going to the UK? Find 'ol Hairy here first like the little "Hairy Red Men of the Delta" THEN go to wherever else.

Hello everybody.  Since the show has been on the air for two weeks, I thought I'd drop by and address anything that has arisen in my absence.

Bobo and his hair...  I was as shocked as anyone to see that "the Bobes harvested his crop."  However, he had been complaining about it for some time.  If you've never had long hair, it's kind of a pain.  It whips you in the face when it's windy, it's kind of expensive to take care of (Bobo has always bought the best conditioners Walmart carried, and treated his hair to something called "hot oil treatments" every few weeks, based on the advice from his hair guru, Heavy Metal Pat), and can be a general pain.  He wasn't really supposed to shave it because there is a clause in the contract that sort of says the network has final say in our appearance, but Bobo isn't one to let a piece of paper tell him what to do.   So, he shaved it.  And lo and behold, he was grey underneath.  Yes, he colored his hair.  I used to heckle him about it, but he'd reply with, "Shut up, nerd.  It's the same color Nikki Sixx used!"  I can't argue with that logic...

He's also dropped a lot of weight, and I'm very proud of him.  He exercises regularly, even when on the road.  He eats almost exclusively organic stuff, and mostly orders salads and such for dinner.  It may be hard to remember at times, but none of us on the show are young (I'm the youngest at 46 years old), so I'm happy to see Bobo taking care of himself.  

Hawaii...  Yep, they sent us there.  Who was I to refuse to go to a tropical paradise to investigate a legend?  Personally, I didn't think that menehunes were there.  However, I was really curious about what the source of the menehune legend is.  With my work on the orang pendek in Sumatra, I wondered if there was a cultural memory of something like that which was causing the persistent legend of the menehunes to persist.  This expedition was sort of a cultural anthropology thing for me...  

After being there, investigating in the field, talking to historians, and doing some reading on the subject for myself, the conclusion on the menehunes that I came to is this...  The first settlers of the Hawaiian Islands were Pacific Islanders from the south that made their way up through Indonesia and eventually to Hawaii about 1500 to 2000 years ago.  Much later, a different human population that came from the Tahitian area arrived.  These people were much larger in size than the original settlers.  They soon dominated the original settlers by killing them, or interbreeding with them.  The word "menehune" comes from another word that means "of lesser social stature" or "lesser people".  This meaning morphing into "little people" is probably just a factor of oral history changing over the last one thousand years.  Remember, the native Hawaiian settlers did not have a written language, so history can change a bit over long periods of time.  I could be wrong, and some of my numbers might be a little fuzzy, but that is the conclusion that I came to.

The UK...  There are a number of researchers over in the UK that insist that bigfoots, or something like them, are there.  I had my doubts, and in fact still do.  I take the stance that bigfoot skeptics take on the subject in general:  show me, prove me wrong.  I try to keep an open mind on things, but I have doubts.  I was aware, though, that there were "green man" and other hairy man myths on the islands, and motifs in the artwork.  What I found out about that by visiting is that these artworks and myths arrived with the Norman Invasion about 1000 years ago.  From that, I have concluded that the stories of wildmen from mainland Europe arrived in the UK at this time.  

The UK trip was cool, though.  One researcher, ironically named Neil Young, had a photo of something from a location that was worthy of taking a closer look at.  Neil continues to write to me and offer possible evidence for my opinion to this day.  I also struck up a friendship with Dr. Anna Nekaris, who has continued to help me periodically with the Orang Pendek Project.  Since the expedition, I have also received a small number of reports from Europe, including one from Scotland that Adam Davies was kind enough to look into for me.  On top of all that, Bobo and I got to go to Loch Ness for an awesome afternoon of lake monster hunting.  That was definitely a bucket list item...  

Where are we going next week?  This Sunday, we return to the Four Corners area in the SW US for some bigfooting with witnesses we met in the previous expedition there.  The first time we went, it was winter and much of the area we needed to get to was shut down by snow.  This time we were there in August.  Great stuff happens, and some not-so-great stuff happens that I can't tell you about.  Just check out the episode.  It's pretty cool, though it cost the production company a good chunk of change...  (How's that for a tease?)

Thanks for watching, and thanks for your kind words!

Cliff

I rolled my eyes at the thought of the Hawaii episode at first but hey, we do have fossil proof of Home Floresiensis, not that much of a stretch really. 

.Besides,it's a legend in the BF mold so why not. I actually kind of enjoyed it. But then, I'll watch anything even remotely associated with BF. I've been binging on Finding Bigfoot all day today. 

I don't have Animal Planet so I'm holding out for the Iowa Episode. I'll purchase it on Amazon Prime. Some of my friends will be on that show.

I was there and recorded a possible whoop (link) the night after they left. I also listened in on their radio traffic from the night op. It'll be interesting to see how it all gets pieced together for the show.

Iowa Spoiler: They hear a high pitch squealing noise

Kudos to Bobo! Keep the producers in line Cliff! 

I enjoy your participation on the show and the forum.

Please come back to North Georgia soon!

Thanks for the update Cliff. Glad to hear Bobo is in good health; I thought he looked good (noticed the new dental work too) and my wife commented that he is a pretty good looking guy. The summer of '74 I had just finished my hitch in the Navy and decided to let my hair grow out. It reached my collar about the same time I was helping my Dad re-roof his house in a hot Montana July and that was the end of my "hippy" look. Still enjoy the show and credit it with reigniting my interest in Bigfoot which had languished as we raised a family.

How cool is it to have Cliff commenting in the thread, and a member of the forum ?? 

Hmm, now I have to be careful about not seeming over critical + put my foot in my mouth. 

For what its worth, even when the episodes aren't great, its still entertaining, and a welcome relief from 90% of the rest of the flotsam that's on anymore.

Between Finding Bigfoot, and Treehouse Masters (maybe my favorite show), Animal Planet is often on where Im at. 

-A-

Edited by Art1972
grammar error

Cliffs been here for almost 2 years, Art. You should see the recent photo of Bluff Creek he took and let me use on the back cover of "A Wish for Giants" ;)

Last night's show, the return to Four Corners was pretty cool.  At least they had some stuff happen.  I still never miss an episode. It's entertaining.

One thing I liked in last night's "Four Corners" episode were the t-shirts the mother and son in New Mexico were wearing; the ones with the Bigfoot outline in yellow and the red sun symbol from their state flag inside it. I thought they were interesting looking.  

I thought the rock splashes were intriguing. 

The NM episode demonstrated the value of using a thermal at night when you can't see anything but are hearing sounds.

Had they not seen the beavers on the thermal, they might have wasted more time imagining that BF was throwing rocks at them across the river.

The value of the thermal is not so much to help find BF, but to help identify the unseen but common animals that are making the noises around us at night.

It helps lift the veil of darkness, makes the night sounds less mysterious, and keeps our imagination, guess work, and speculations on check.