Analytical Research - Sightings Database

BobbyO

SSR Team

Here's some BigTree.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=36318

And here you see what i mean with regards to the Class B's that are visual sighting.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=29975 

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=23300 

Thanks Bobby. It seems to me they would be better off categorizing the experience (sightings, tracks, audio) rather than trying to qualify it. 

It still seems that your best bet for an experience percentage wise is to be in a car. 

That first report you posted a link to is interesting to me. When the investigator was with them they had something approach them within 100yds then silence, after playing a distressed fawn call. This was reminiscent of my experience last year when we were using cow elk calls and had something loudly approach us to within 80yds. The difference being it did two loud knocks before it got quiet. 

• Upvote 1

Yah, last night was spectacular for being outside and seeing clearly, no clouds helped. Every thing you stated in your initial OP concurred with my research. I have had the most amount of activity around the full moon in October. In Illinois it is a curious thing that so many visuals are occurring in the fall, makes me question whether that is hunting behavior ramping up, both human and Sasquatch, or something else. With leaves being more sparse, and cover limited, they have to be more wary and confined to night activity, though I think that is the case much of the time anyway. What always strikes me as curious is all the sightings near Seneca and LaSalle, it is like something is drawing them to that spot, Given my 300 mile radius that could account for several family groups overlapping into that area for something that is abundant at that time. I wonder if they eat Asian Carp, because that could be easy picking for them in certain shallow water areas. There is so much to learn just from the data, and I for one applaud such an effort of yours and the others. If it is a flesh and blood animal, it will show predictability, and everything I have seen seems to demonstrate that fact. One need only to look at the geographical data around sightings to realize very quickly that rivers and tributaries are key factors. That defies any random chance or hysteria.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot
  • Upvote 1

It was clear here, too. This is no ordinary full moon. It's the largest in nearly 70 years. It's technically full tonight. Everyone should take the time, in the early evening, to step outside and take it in. It rises from the southeast.

• Upvote 2

SSR Team
5 hours ago, Lake County Bigfooot said:

Yah, last night was spectacular for being outside and seeing clearly, no clouds helped. Every thing you stated in your initial OP concurred with my research. I have had the most amount of activity around the full moon in October. In Illinois it is a curious thing that so many visuals are occurring in the fall, makes me question whether that is hunting behavior ramping up, both human and Sasquatch, or something else. With leaves being more sparse, and cover limited, they have to be more wary and confined to night activity, though I think that is the case much of the time anyway. What always strikes me as curious is all the sightings near Seneca and LaSalle, it is like something is drawing them to that spot, Given my 300 mile radius that could account for several family groups overlapping into that area for something that is abundant at that time. I wonder if they eat Asian Carp, because that could be easy picking for them in certain shallow water areas. There is so much to learn just from the data, and I for one applaud such an effort of yours and the others. If it is a flesh and blood animal, it will show predictability, and everything I have seen seems to demonstrate that fact. One need only to look at the geographical data around sightings to realize very quickly that rivers and tributaries are key factors. That defies any random chance or hysteria.

Interesting to note Lake that in the five reports we've got from the Full Moon Phase from Fall, in IL, in the last five years, they do range all the way across that entire 24 hour cycle which includes the day time and at times of night when that moon has set or hasn't even risen yet.

Probably won't be able to see the moon tonight because of cloud cover. But it was a beautiful moonlit evening Saturday night, being almost full. According to the trends Bobby posted for the PNW above, the next week just before moonrise might be interesting. 

5 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

It was clear here, too. This is no ordinary full moon. It's the largest in nearly 70 years. It's technically full tonight. Everyone should take the time, in the early evening, to step outside and take it in. It rises from the southeast.

Indeed, love full moons.  Make sure and catch the rise, that is when you can tell it is a bit bigger.

SSR Team

We aren't set up for that I'm afraid.

11 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

BobbyO,

Tried sending you an PM but got reply that you can't receive messages.

Is that correct?

Just want to be sure that the problem is not on my end.

SSR Team

Hmmmm not sure. Maybe I'm out of storage, I'll delete some so please try again..;)

Guest Waggles

Full moons aren't any larger when they rise. That's an optical illusion.:)

Best way to view a full moon  is through a spotting scope. You can see it cross the lens in about a minute and the clairity will blow you away.

Waggles, I have a Moon riddle for you and anyone else who wishes to tackle it. I do not wish to derail this thread unless I can just post the riddle/mystery and see if anyone thinks it should go into a separate thread?