Analytical Research - Sightings Database

BobbyO

Ahh, but by your own admission these were good observers and astronomers. They said it was bright spots on the surface of the moon. Wouldn't you think they could tell whether it was moon surface or just lights. And electric lights were the latest thing right in that time period. Don't you think that would have come to the forefront of their mind? Just saying. 

Also I didn't say the shadow was centered on the bright side. That is just how a person would know the object was centered directly between the sun and moon, which it wasnt. I don't think it was a mother ship either. But what I gave was a more usual (though extraordinary) and possible explanation. 

Sometime I will have to look at the moon through a scope in the daylight just to see how the terminator line and everything else looks. It's been a while since I have done so. Interesting puzzle though hiflier. 

Ahh, again! They said bright spots could be seen through it.......SO! That tells me it WASN'T a shadow right? It's why in the OP I put quotations around the word "shadow". If bright spots were seen through it it couldn't have been a shadow. No bright spots would be evident with a shadow. That means it was something else. For it to look like an eclipse shadow but have bright spots showing through it and not move for three hours it would have to be a slow moving somewhat nebulous artifact in our atmosphere just close enough to the astronomers to not look blue. That's why I thought it to be maybe a cloud.

I did research volcanic activity in that part of the globe at that time but didn't see anything that would create such a phenomenon.

Edited by hiflier

JDL - Regarding your contention that Sasquatch are suspicious of food left for them:  Early in my efforts of maintaining a gifting site I left apples, cherries, blackberries and raspberries, both in and out of zip-loc bags.  No food was ever taken over a period of a couple of months, and I no longer leave food.  Non-food items were commonly taken, while the food remained untouched.  Over 40 items were taken between July 19 and September 14 this year - deer tines (the sharp ends of deer antlers), a black tourmaline crystal, the broken end of my walking stick, plastic toy horses, sea shells.  Also, plastic and glass jars were always rejected, were moved from the gift rock to a nearby Kinnikinnick bush (I surmised for my removal from the site).

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

Ahh, again! They said bright spots could be seen through it.......SO! That tells me it WASN'T a shadow right?

Not necessarily, right?  If the shadow was not of a solid object like a rock (or planet) but was instead the shadow of something "more skeletal" like a ship or space station, then there could be places where light could pass through it.   I guess?

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Here is a good illustration of trends that show some interesting patterns in a possible home range.

Just something I whipped up from BFRO class A data, for your amusement.

The numbers by the blue dots are month number and year.

sequence.png

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Interesting. What "home" is the map's location? It would be also interesting if the two 3/2000 locations were a result of some uprooting either because of nature as in fires, or man as in logging.

@MIB, yes. Whatever it was had gaps of some kind but since the drawing shows the area in question as being darker than the surrounding sky then it does seem to indicate something within the atmosphere. And that my friend is the tough part. I see it this way, if the shadow was outside the atmosphere and was therefore blue it probably would not have been noticed at all as it covers the Mare Imbrium which is the "flat" basin to the upper left of an imagined vertical center line. The Mare Imbrium does indeed appear blue like the sky in a normal 23 day old waning Moon Perhaps a slightly lighter shade but blue nonetheless. Also there is a fairly well defined terminator. http://earthsky.org/moon-phases/waning-crescent

This photo was shot by Bridget Borchers, Minneapolis, MN...a simply gorgeous image!! 

moon-waning-crescent-10-24-2016-Bridget-Borchert-Minneapolis-MN-e1477333829863.jpg

Edited by hiflier

24 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Interesting. What "home" is the map's location? It would be also interesting if the two 3/2000 locations were a result of some uprooting either because of nature as in fires, or man as in logging.

The Blue Mountains east of Walla Walla, WA. 

26 minutes ago, BigTreeWalker said:

The Blue Mountains east of Walla Walla, WA. 

Thanks. And oh the irony in that the Moon mystery took place in the Blue Mountains in New South Wales outside Sydney, Australia. :o CMF! You did that on purpose you trickster.

Edited by hiflier

Guest Cryptic Megafauna
1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Thanks. And oh the irony in that the Moon mystery took place in the Blue Mountains in New South Wales outside Sydney, Australia. :o CMF! You did that on purpose you trickster.

What would even be more interesting is if the two reports on the same month by the same person and if the other sightings were by the same individual. If the same month perhaps also the same elevation, what grows there that time of year or is it moving to stay out of the path of a human or to and from habitation zones?

I see a pattern of stalking and counter stalking and look see how the terrain is being used and the corridors, ridges, and canyons leading into and out of remoter areas. Are we looking at a family of related individuals, or hist individuals from remoter areas moving into the human zone and back out again? 

I find it interesting that elk or deer were mentioned in all but one of the Blue Mountain reports. The Blues are known for their elk herds. Considering they were all in late winter or spring. Other food sources are scarce then. Have to wonder what was being stalked... Humans or a food source. The terrain was probably being used the way any hunter would use it... For access and cover. 

SSR Team
2 hours ago, Cryptic Megafauna said:

What would even be more interesting is if the two reports on the same month by the same person and if the other sightings were by the same individual. If the same month perhaps also the same elevation, what grows there that time of year or is it moving to stay out of the path of a human or to and from habitation zones?

I see a pattern of stalking and counter stalking and look see how the terrain is being used and the corridors, ridges, and canyons leading into and out of remoter areas. Are we looking at a family of related individuals, or hist individuals from remoter areas moving into the human zone and back out again? 

There's no trends to be seen in a data set of 4 that is spread over the course of 35 years i'm afraid Cryptid.

That's why I continue to suggest a research into the history for the region. if it is the same clan, or offspring of the clan, then was there something going on that may have been a factor pressuring relocation. The area would certainly be compact enough to be a normal territorial range as well. More info is needed which goes to show that the dynamic WHOLE picture of Sasquatch in North Ameria is complex.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna
8 hours ago, BobbyO said:

There's no trends to be seen in a data set of 4 that is spread over the course of 35 years i'm afraid Cryptid.

Not sure I agree so let's see, two the same month. 4 in the same area, same type of terrain, same type of cover, watersheds.

(direction of travel possible) (for the two points).

Not bad for 4 points with month and year and location.

If I look up the BFRO data perhaps more data and if you recontact the reporter perhaps additional.

Assumptions are that it is a Sasquatch that was reported and that Sasquatch exists.

SSR Team

Ok so you're not talking four data points but now just two data points in the same month, same year, that's even less of a pattern/trend.

You can find two data points with the same as what you're saying dozens of times in Sasquatch databases.

For your two data points same month and year i raise you in WA alone Skamania County March 1969 x 2 reports, Snohomish County in July/August 1974 x 3 reports, Whatcom County October 1975 x 2 reports, Pierce County November/December 1979 x 3 reports, Grays Harbor County April/May/June 1982 x 4 reports etc etc etc etc etc etc etc..

It's just two data points unfortunately, it's nothing.

If you want to look at something real, i refer you to the Colorado graphic on the previous page and i'll give you a challenge too.

Tell me where "The Triangle" is ?

Check the dates out, check out what was going on in Colorado at that time, check out direction of travel ( it's real in this and you should see it), check out route of travel and finally and crucially, the triangle when located, if correct, should lead you to a remarkable reason why "The Triangle" is what it is and is where it is.

This IMO is the best and most fruitful piece of research and "finding" so far since we started.

I'll give you a week, or do you want two ?

• Upvote 2

Guest Cryptic Megafauna
10 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Ok so you're not talking four data points but now just two data points in the same month, same year, that's even less of a pattern/trend.

You can find two data points with the same as what you're saying dozens of times in Sasquatch databases.

For your two data points same month and year i raise you in WA alone Skamania County March 1969 x 2 reports, Snohomish County in July/August 1974 x 3 reports, Whatcom County October 1975 x 2 reports, Pierce County November/December 1979 x 3 reports, Grays Harbor County April/May/June 1982 x 4 reports etc etc etc etc etc etc etc..

It's just two data points unfortunately, it's nothing.

If you want to look at something real, i refer you to the Colorado graphic on the previous page and i'll give you a challenge too.

Tell me where "The Triangle" is ?

Check the dates out, check out what was going on in Colorado at that time, check out direction of travel ( it's real in this and you should see it), check out route of travel and finally and crucially, the triangle when located, if correct, should lead you to a remarkable reason why "The Triangle" is what it is and is where it is.

This IMO is the best and most fruitful piece of research and "finding" so far since we started.

I'll give you a week, or do you want two ?

So what is your thesis?

Ad hominem comes to mind though.

Which is more of an anti thesis, non?

So I think I will just leave the glove lying where you dropped it.

But perhaps you will be kind enough to inform your readers of what I might have discovered.

It sounds like a good one :rolleyes:

Or you can try smacking me up side my head, again, again, your choice, non?

Hate is just love turned upside down, the real antithesis is boredom.