Analytical Research - Sightings Database

BobbyO

SSR Team

Florida 1998 SSR 6076 - http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=722

Florida 2011 - http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=35769

South Dakota 2006 - http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=29455 

Edited by BobbyO

I guess they can be opportunistic just like everything else out there. A free lunch is just that, with little effort involved. I wonder if the WSDOT crews that pick up the road killed deer and elk would have any experiences to relate?   :)

BFF Patron

I had a black tail standing in Hwy 12 in broad daylight, early afternoon/late morning one day just below the dam and powerhouse turnout just W. outside Morton.

I also had a bull elk standing in Hwy 12 late afternoon just W. of Packwood by less than a mile.  Took efforts both times to avoid a collision (on both of our parts, lol).  

Sun and fair weather both days.  Elk was under the shade of an evergreen deadcenter in the road and hard to see believe it or not.  Luckily he got legs at just the right time.

Didn't have time to check for Sasquatch either time.  

I wonder if it was the same bull I almost hit one evening just before you cross the Cowlitz river heading west out of Packwood. I've almost hit three elk around there. Two on the same day and one in the fog. The one in the fog was just running up the road. Maybe he was running from that bigfoot I couldn't see either. ;)

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Sounds like they are using the road as a kind of safe harbor if you ask me if they feel comfortable running up the road. 

One of those Milky Way trucks coming off White Pass could probably make elkburgers for us all if it zigged when he zagged, lol. :D

Yes it was prolly within a half mile or so from the bridge in the easterly direction I saw the Elk, moving towards the south towards the big pasturelands in the direction of MSH, but going nowhere fast until it saw motion coming towards it with four tires. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

One interesting group of data is reports of Sasquatch activity in locations where Sasquatch wouldn't have ended up on their own. A lot of researchers won't even entertain the idea as it contradicts many of the things that people in this field of research commonly believe, but when I go over such reports, I see some strong signs that they're legitimate.

The wooded areas around Chicago fit this criteria really well. Here's one example

X4K9sem.jpg

Edited by OntarioSquatch

SSR Team

Yeah Chicago is close to my heart having lived there for a couple of years and still having family there.

I was actually privy to a bfro report from there out by that Batchelors Grove Cemetary too even though I wasn't hooked completely on what happened that day, including the track find.

But if they are there, they're using the water ways systems to their advantage for sure and it is possible for them to get crazy close to mass human population by doing so.

I agree with BobbyO on how they get into those areas. If you zoom out on those sighting locations there are interconnected greenways along all the creeks, canals, and rivers in the area. With parks or preserves interspersed between them. That also suggests to me, though they are omnivores like bears, they show more intelligence on their foraging skills. A bear would eventually get seen wondering around the streets in search of easily available food sources. Those places are also where the deer in the area are going to be. Another possible food source. These sightings would probably be lone individuals moving through the area rather than part of a larger family group. And yet because there are sightings in these areas they are not able to completely avoid human contact, whether intentional on their part or simply a mistake. Or as some want to believe, simply hoaxes. 

I would suggest for interested people living in these areas to find accessible spots along these connecting greenways that could possibly show tracks and keep an eye on those places. Just a thought. 

I put this in another thread but the icons have the letter "B" on them. Is that indicative of a "Class B" event where there was evidence left but no actual sighting?

Hiflier, I'm sure you've read enough reports to know there are Class B sightings. Always seems subjective to me but that's how they do it. You'd have to look those specific ones up though. 

True that BTW. And it would behoove me to do some leg work so consider it done. I'll bring in some info a bit later on. Thanks for the push. Always a good thing.

July 1974, man recalled seeing a tree peeper lit by headlights. The interview was conducted in May 2014 so the event happened 40 years ago.

November 2010, possible vocalization and teepee stick structure that had been there for about ten years.

September 2011: Footprints. This report is best read by everyone. http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=30601

SSR Team

There are a number of reports that they classify as a B but are visual sightings.

The actual definitions are :

Class A

Class A reports involve clear sightings in circumstances where misinterpretation or misidentification of other animals can be ruled out with greater confidence. For example, there are several footprint cases that are very well documented. These are considered Class A reports, because misidentification of common animals can be confidently ruled out, thus the potential for misinterpretation is very low.

Class B

Incidents where a possible sasquatch was observed at a great distance or in poor lighting conditions and incidents in any other circumstance that did not afford a clear view of the subject are considered Class B reports.

For example, credible reports where nothing was seen but distinct and characteristic sounds of sasquatches were heard are always considered Class B reports and never Class A, even in the most compelling "sound-only" cases. This is because the lack of a visual element raises a much greater potential for a misidentification of the sounds.

Class B reports are not considered less credible or less important than Class A reports--both types are deemed credible enough by the BFRO to show to the public. For example, one of the best documented reports ever received by the BFRO is a Class B report from Trinity County California. It involved a very credible witness who backpacked into a remote area that has a history of sasquatch-related incidents. He described various occurrences around his camp at night that are strongly suspected to be sasquatch-related. The report is still considered Class B though because there was no clear visual observation to confirm what was heard outside the tent.

Almost all reports included in the database are first-hand reports. Occassionally a second-hand report is considered reliable enough to add to the database, but those reports are never Class A, because of the higher potential for inaccuracy when the story does not come straight from the eyewitness.

BigTree, FULL of Deer within those Forest Preserves and Waterway Systems around ChicagoLand, tonnes of them.

22 minutes ago, hiflier said:

July 1974, man recalled seeing a tree peeper lit by headlights. The interview was conducted in May 2014 so the event happened 40 years ago.

November 2010, possible vocalization and teepee stick structure that had been there for about ten years.

September 2011: Footprints. This report is best read by everyone. http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=30601

H i was there for that report, Sept 2011.

I heard the siren thing described, but the print was found by the guy who made the report, after i left.

There used to be pictures in this report but it seems the BFRO have got rid for whatever reason.

I saw the stick structures too, got pics of it all somewhere, i think on an old hard drive.

I wouldn't have personally made a report from what i saw and heard that day, but again i wasn't there when the print was found and i gave a wry smile when i learned it was found after i had left and not when i was there if you get my drift.

But i'm no expert with prints/tracks so my opinion where that's concerned, given the clarity of the pictures and the quality of the print which was good, isn't worth a great deal where that is concerned.

That siren noise was very weird though if nothing else and the stick structures were also weird and incredibly detailed if i remember right and we did conclude and i believe rightly so, that they weren't natural and had been placed in the positions they were in for sure..

Edited by BobbyO

Yes, rom what I read the "x" was interesting in that it as placed since no root anchoring was evident. And that's why I posted the link. There were some details of unnatural things that more than likely were the result of something with hands. On the footprint thing? Yeah, I hear ya. Would've been nice to have been there....uh....for that find ;)

It's interesting that you were in on that one Bobby. Thanks for the confirmation on the deer in those areas. I've known for a lot of years that some of the record whitetail bucks have been taken out of very similar areas. I've heard that it's surprising some of the "woods" they can use for cover. Doesn't surprise me that bigfoot could do the same.