Flesh and Blood Bigfoot...

Lake County Bigfooot

Well I had not heard the Davy Crocket story. One must take all such stories with a grain of salt, but the fact that the native peoples past down such stories indicates the reality of the creature at that time. The frontiersmen many have simply been spinning a yarn, funny thing that all began back then, or their might have been truth to the matter, This article shows the thought processes that were going on at this time, and reveals some interesting possibilities. Perhaps these creatures were much more bold in days of old,,,The Daniel Boone story says he shot a 10 foot yahoo (yeahoh), a term used of an ape like creature at that time, fitting the description of Sasaquatch, Undoubtedly, a whole lot of whoo has surrounded these creatures throughout history, but whoo has surrounded more than just the Sasquatch in the native paradigm, it surrounds everything. The whoo I am contradicting is the whoo that says these creatures originate from other planet or dimensions, I have not denied that spiritual forces outside the sasquatch could be involved, in fact I think they are.

http://www.appalachianhistory.net/2015/05/yeahoh-yahoo-or-bigfoot.html

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2016 at 4:18 PM, OldMort said:

I believe it was the summer of '95, my brother and a mutual lifelong friend (who worked for the defense department) were doing a roughly 70 mile 6 day backpacking trip with shuttle between trailheads A and B, in the south eastern portion of the Sierra Nevada range of California. The route was ambitious but doable as we were quite experienced and still relatively young men in those days. Our journey started out at 9k feet and then climbed to over 12k, then down to 8 and back up to 12k and so on, as we would summit 4 high passes during the hike. Up and down - up and down.

Old Mort,

I just wanted to check with you and ask if you are certain of the year your incident happened (1995).

Reason I am curious is that during summer of 1996 (July 24 to August 2), the Sequoia and Kings Canyon NP conducted one of their largest SAR operations for a missing ranger.

Many helicopters were flown in (including military helicopters) to help in the search and bring people/gear into the area (Bench Lake area in Kings Canyon / ~80 square miles of search area).

The missing ranger was Randy Morgenson and the story of his life and the search for him is told in a book titled The Last Season by Eric Blehm (2006).

Just finished reading the book and it is a good read.

Even if your year does not match the year of this SAR, the impression I got from the book is that the NP fly helicopters into the high sierra often to drop in/and pick up rangers, supplies, and to lift injured people.

Also, I find it interesting that Randy Morgenson spent 28 summer seasons in the high Sierra  (SEKI area, but mostly Kings Canyon) and never reported an encounter with a Sasquatch (at least publicly or in his logs).

I would imagine that if BF was present in the SEKI area, that some of those seasonal high country rangers (who spend 3-4 months every summer hiking all over the place) would have seen evidence.

Maybe one of these days a ranger will open up and share what they have seen/experienced.

BTW, Morgenson was never found during the SAR operation but 5 years later his body was found upstream of Window Lake.

Edited by Explorer

I'm glad you brought this up, Explorer! My brother and I both read the book  "The Last Season" (excellent read) quite a few years ago and it stirred us to research whether or not the events described there were related in any way to what we had experienced. We were able to positively conclude that our journey took place in late August of 1995. So it was a full year prior to Morgenson going missing. We even spent one night at Bench Lake in '95 and walked right past the unoccupied camp of the ranger who was stationed there, who undoubtedly at that time was Morgenson. We had chatted with him a time or two in previous years as he had patrolled that particular area for many years

As a side note, our stay at Bench Lake was rather unusual. We had set up camp and hunkered down in our tents that mid afternoon to avoid being eaten alive by the massive mosquito population there. As we looked out through the mosquito netting we saw a procession of perhaps twenty people dressed in immaculate flowing white robes, carrying flowers etc, marching purposefully down the trail to the eastern shore of the lake, this at over 10,500 ft. and a very difficult day and a half hike in! We concluded that it was perhaps some kind of new age wedding or retreat trip for some odd cult. Who knows?

Getting back on track here, Yes the NPS does indeed use helicopters in the wilderness area but it is their policy to keep that to an absolute minimum so as not to spoil the wilderness experience for others. In all the time I have spent in Kings Canyon I can recall seeing just two of them, the one I described in my piece was an unmarked  military type chopper. I observed it at very close quarters and it was certainly not one of the much smaller rescue evac type helicopters I had seen previously. The chopper also landed at a barren out of the way area that made no sense whatsoever as a re-supply drop-off or staging area for a possible rescue attempt.

For many years I was close personal friends with one of the summer Rangers who patrolled the Mount Whitney area, just south of Kings Canyon. We never discussed the topic of bigfoot specifically, but I did notice that he would often shut down the conversation if it drifted to anything of a paranormal nature. He would clearly become uncomfortable, tight lipped, and sullen. This would happen even when he was far away from work, visiting at my home. So yes, I believe there is specific training and policy regarding these types of issues and the avoidance thereof.

In my honest opinion though, I don't believe that the wide open expanses of Kings Canyon's high country would offer the best habitat for sasquatch. Most of it is well above timberline which in this area is around 10,600 ft or so. The highest peaks are 13 to 14 thousand.ft. There is little or no cover and most activity can be spotted from as far as a mile away. Its not the best elevation for abundant food sources either. Could they have adapted to life scraping out an existence on the scree slopes and boulder fields? Possibly... but the lush green valleys just west of this area would provide a far more lucrative alternative.   .

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, OldMort said:

In my honest opinion though, I don't believe that the wide open expanses of Kings Canyon's high country would offer the best habitat for sasquatch. Most of it is well above timberline which in this area is around 10,600 ft or so. The highest peaks are 13 to 14 thousand.ft. There is little or no cover and most activity can be spotted from as far as a mile away. Its not the best elevation for abundant food sources either. Could they have adapted to life scraping out an existence on the scree slopes and boulder fields? Possibly... but the lush green valleys just west of this area would provide a far more lucrative alternative. 

Thanks for your reply, OldMort.  

Much appreciated and it cleared that question for me. Good to know that the 2 events were totally disconnected.

You are lucky to have met Ranger Morgenson in the past.  He certainly was an icon among the SEKI rangers.

On your comment above, I agree that that high elevation (>10,000 ft) area is not the best habitat for sasquatch.  Yet, you and others have experienced BF activity there and along the PCT.

Most BFRO reports in the surrounding counties are at lower elevation (4,500 to 6,500 ft, based on my recollection of the most common reported areas; I have not done stats).

Thus, it begs the question, why are the sasquatches going up so high in the summer time (where there is less food)?

Maybe it is quicker to move long distances in those granitic passes above timberline?

Maybe they also love the spectacular views and beauty of the area?

I don't think that BF that you guys encountered at the lake, was there for fishing.

According to the book (The Last Season), the SEKI SARS and NP rangers have eventually found all lost people in the 2 parks (dead or alive).

Thus, there is no Missing 411 chapter for Paulides on the Sequoia or Kings Cayons NP.

If BF's are there, they are not hurting anybody.

2 hours ago, Explorer said:

Thus, it begs the question, why are the sasquatches going up so high in the summer time (where there is less food)?

Any intelligent creature learns things. We've learned that bears go high to harvest fat rich moths (millers if you will. from under talus fields and slides of rocks in late summer. They have to eat tons of them to keep the 10-20,000 calorie a day going as they bulk up for winter. If this is something Sasquatch has observed and then learned to do that it may have become part of their annual cycle of foraging. When it comes to the subject of Bigfoot leave no stone unturned (pun intended).

Here is an aerial image of the area. The location in question is the lake that is located just below timberline. As you can see there is far more cover there than in the surrounding areas and it also offers a rapid means of descent to the east (top center) and the relative safety and greener pastures of the forested canyon below.

eastern sierra.jpg