A Quick Question For Those With Personal Experiences

FarArcher

It was about 40 feet from me, when it went by me, It was daylight, Just in the tree line. Running from my right to my left. It was running as fast as my dog runs. if I hadn't looked up when I did I wouldn't have seen it. It was fall and more than half the leaves were off the trees, that's how I was able to see what it was. Even though there was leaves on the ground, it made no sound when it was running. Believe it or not is your choice. How it runs silently, I don't know, but I know that it does because I witnessed it. I can also tell you it was not huge or 600 pounds. It was about 6 feet tall and slender.

Edited by sheri
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, sheri said:

It was about 40 feet from me, when it went by me, It was daylight, Just in the tree line. Running from my right to my left. It was running as fast as my dog runs. if I hadn't looked up when I did I wouldn't have seen it. It was fall and more than half the leaves were off the trees, that's how I was able to see what it was. Even though there was leaves on the ground, it made no sound when it was running. Believe it or not is your choice. How it runs silently, I don't know, but I know that it does because I witnessed it. I can also tell you it was not huge or 600 pounds. It was about 6 feet tall and slender.

Completely silent but you watched it run by only 40 feet away?

I got to see it because I  looked up. I had been looking down at my watch and debating on whether to go forward or to leave. I didn't hear it at all. It made no sound when it was running and It was running when I looked up. It was running so fast if I had not looked up at that moment I believe I would have missed it.

Edited by sheri
  • Upvote 1

I'm not trying to discredit you or your story.  I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around a creature moving this quickly thru a forest.  If most the leaves were off then there should have been plenty of rustling leaves on the ground to kick and run on.  Those certainly make noise and also hide sticks and debris on the forest floor.

• Upvote 1

Twist ... no. 

A person who hasn't been there might think so but someone who has ... it rings true.   Unless you've been there and done that you just can't conceive of how quiet they can be when they choose.  It's not merely incredible, it's a bit unnerving.   This is sheri's story, I'm not going to distract from it by interjecting mine in the middle, I'm just going to give her a hat tip and say "yep."

MIB

• Upvote 4

We'll agree to disagree then.  

Bigfoot often gets credited  with every extreme skill possible to explain why it's so elusive.  This is yet another one of those in my opinion.  A flesh and blood creature IS going to make noise WHEN RUNNING through the woods.  If there is deadfall, branches, and other debris on the ground and then covered up by much of the fallen leaves.....I don't buy bigfoot defies the basics of science and what his feet do to the material below it as it runs.  

• Upvote 2

This is a common position for those that have yet to experience such an event. The paradigm you thought was relevant simply gets shattered. IMO, they do make audible noise going through the brush, when they want us to hear it.

I'm going to stick with the sciences and what they tend to lead me to believe when it comes to a heavy animal running through a forest covered in fallen leaves and inevitably other debris.  Even the ninja of the woods cannot place his feet while running in all the right spots on the ground while also most likely maintaining a visual on the would be intruder of its space.  

Perhaps its developed a new means of hover-running !!!! :lol:

• Upvote 1

Perhaps its developed a new means of hover-running !!!! :lol:

Or perhaps it knows an old means.

Some of the Southern Indians say they "walk above".

• Upvote 3

Twist

Maybe they know more about foot placement then we do. Come on they thrive out in the wilderness. Who really knows what fears them, we have no idea what scares them. Maybe cars do when they come into contact with them. But they have the edge in being silent in the forest at fast speeds. Then that settle tree snap when there is no wind. Just like some thing letting you know it is there.

The one I seen in broad day light during hunting. Ran from tree to tree at a good pace. If it was not for my side view I would have never have caught it. No noise and it was fall in Michigan.

I go no further with that ability part since it seems to be down played here and really should not. But this creature had like a smooth jump run to it.  I felt stupid that day. I seen it behind this tree as I sat in this blown down tree and used it as a blind. The stupid part is raising my shotgun up in the air and unloading it in front of it.. Fun Times ! :D

21 hours ago, Twist said:

I'm not trying to discredit you or your story.  I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around a creature moving this quickly thru a forest.  If most the leaves were off then there should have been plenty of rustling leaves on the ground to kick and run on.  Those certainly make noise and also hide sticks and debris on the forest floor.

It's okay Twist. I wouldn't have believed it either if I had not witnessed it. It doesn't seem to make any sense.

14 hours ago, sheri said:

It's okay Twist. I wouldn't have believed it either if I had not witnessed it. It doesn't seem to make any sense.

Appreciate you not taking it personal, it's certainly not.  

As with any new discovery, especially one of this magnitude, there is a chance we learn something new that would account for this silent movement. Who knows.....

We need one on the slab!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, norseman said:

Agreed.

Which requires a body! ;)

Not if we find one trying on sneakers at PayLess Shoes!

• Upvote 1