Sasquatch Adaptability and Survival

Lake County Bigfooot

OK. There is really not much to indicate overhand vs. underhand throwing. One could assume which by reading the kind of objects that were reported thrown and maybe with what force but that would be about the extent of it. This is an example one might read:

"Giles County farmer heard a calf bawling in the barn, went in and saw a shaggy black creature with no neck holding the 175-lb. calf over its head. It threw the calf to the ground and walked off. The calf died."

Glad I wasn't that calf.....

You ain't just whistlin' Dixie there, my friend! So.....um....maybe the military hasn't as great an interest in these creatures as say, um....major league baseball? ;) Although the broken bats alone would probably bankrupt the industry 

Edited by hiflier

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 0:14 PM, SWWASAS said:

Without proof of such fabrication you are doing exactly what you accuse the witnesses of:    fabrication and having insight others do not have.    It is not at all surprising that different witnesses report different experiences.     After all they are dealing with different Sasquatch in different locations interacting with different humans.    That there is variation,  in my estimation, lends credibility to most witness experiences.    Some, outside of the forum have reported experiences I do not believe.   Things usually fall apart if you look at the details and changes in the story each time the event is recalled.        If witness reports  and BF behaviors were all identical and all looked and acted like Patty, I would be very suspicious.  

I think some evidence of that is in artists renditions.   Many of them look too much alike,  suggesting mutual influence.   As with humans, I would expect some wide variations on appearance of individual BF.    Especially since BF are geographically isolated from each other and have been for thousands of years.      An artist always brings in artistic license and preconceptions into their art.    Other than Patty, most images of BF are artist renditions.    While some may be accurate, I think artistic renditions may have been given too much emphasis and influence, perhaps to the point of influencing memories of witness experiences.      The human mind tends to fill in the blanks if memory or someone should have a fleeting glimpse of a BF through the trees.   Blanks in memory are filled in from prior experience.   Without that prior experience to draw from,   I would not be at all surprised if what is remembered is all the various artists renditions of BF a person has seen in their life.      

On my to do list is an analysis of the variations in Bigfoot sighting reports.  There is an expected type of variation for reports from truthful eyewitnesses and I plan to analyze the reports in a Bigfoot sighting report database to see if they match the expected pattern.

I might get to it in the next year, but there's other Bigfoot research I'm prioritizing right now.  At the moment, though, I could use some recommendations as to which database to analyze (i.e., BFRO, Green, etc.).  I need a large amount of data.

• Upvote 1

Admin

Do you Live Near Myakka River State Park? Serious Hot Spot, with regard to evidence I've seen. Best Thermal I've seen of a Squatch. JMO.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mendoza said:

On my to do list is an analysis of the variations in Bigfoot sighting reports.  There is an expected type of variation for reports from truthful eyewitnesses and I plan to analyze the reports in a Bigfoot sighting report database to see if they match the expected pattern.

I might get to it in the next year, but there's other Bigfoot research I'm prioritizing right now.  At the moment, though, I could use some recommendations as to which database to analyze (i.e., BFRO, Green, etc.).  I need a large amount of data.

Have you looked at the BFRO database yet? If you have then you've readily seen that it really isn't a database at all. At least it's not accessible as a sortable, cross=referenced  database one would expect unless someone joins up at a level that allows access to all of it. For everyone else one can choose a state, then choose a county, then read one report at a time. In order to do what you are saying one would either have to join up OR somehow record every detail in each report (of which there are thousands) and somehow organize those details into a database of one's own creation.

Here at the BFF they are doing just that with the BFRO data. They are taking each report and plugging it into the Forum's SSR- BY HAND- so that researchers like yourself can actually do something with the data. Other than John Green's that is what I would recommend as the avenue to take. You could becaome a Premium member here and even help populate that database as you do your research. Just a thought. 

Admin
3 hours ago, Mendoza said:

I could use some recommendations as to which database to analyze (i.e., BFRO, Green, etc.).  I need a large amount of data.

I recommend our SSR database. We have classified thousands of reports into a standardized record suitable for data mining.

Let me know if you're interested.... one caveat is that you must share all results with the BFF premium community. You can publish your analysis anywhere you want, even for profit, but a copy of the results has to be made available to the premium membership of the BFF. We cannot use your analysis elsewhere, your intellectual property is yours, we just want a copy for the general fund of knowledge of the premium membership.

Premium members are barred from posting or sharing your analysis or data elsewhere. It's a fair trade. We've had volunteers painstakingly read and classify each report for four years now, over 3000 reports and still going, all the hard work has been done on the available data.

• Upvote 2

Admin

-

Below is part of the search function of the SSR database...  the whole form is too big to fit in a single screen shot.

ssr-search.png

Correction, there is over 6000 classified reports now.

The search results spits out a Google Earth KML file with all the sightings and a bunch of stats/plots. Below is a sample:

ssr-1.PNG

ssr-2.PNG

ssr-3.PNG

ssr-4.PNG

Admin

Plus a Google Earth layer of the results with links to each report...

ssr-ge.PNG

All you gotta do is analyze, hypothesize and proffer a theory. Like I said, a fair trade...

Admin

You can even do animated GIFs of the results...   like this:

WA-STHelens-Seasons.gif

WA-Rainier-Seasons.GIF

The underhanded throwing theory has been derived from the rotation of large rocks that have been observed, a forward rolling motion like a bowling ball was noted by some eyewitnesses. That would not rule out an alternative overhanded toss, but chimps have a similar underhanded way of throwing...it is certainly something of interest. Stories of basketball sized rocks arcing only slightly indicate a powerful force to be able to launch such weight on such a trajectory, generally the rocks are not that large and demonstrate a preciseness defying chance. Occasionally an individual is struck and injured by such an object, generally considered to be a miss throw. So as with the greatest pitchers in MLB, while trying to force you off the plate they can just plain throw a wild one and hit you. My advice under such circumstances is to go back in the dugout till the game is over, but if your man enough lean out over the plate and take one on the shoulder...though taking first base will not be an option here...also not a great idea to try going out to the mound for a take down...just saying...

When I was in my 20s I made numerous fishing trips to Ontario's Lake of the Woods, we would be darting through the maze of islands in search of trophy Muskie, which we did catch exceeding 40 pounds! I know what a beaver tail sounds like slapping the water vs a large rock kerr-plunging. The large rock displaces water much like a splash dive, the result is a two toned kaa spush. I have memories of such splashes near us at certain times, the guide had hinted about bigfoot at other times, I wonder if his travels brought him into contact from time to time. He loved to fish a dusk into the night, and took us as well. We saw black bear exploring islands, so I am guessing the Squatch in that area do the same. We were also dropped off at some portage lakes, and I seem to remember an odd splash there as well. Funny thing is how you write such things off in your mind, but you know it was not a normal sounding beaver slap, and there was no beaver in the area. This was the central part of LOW, very suitable habitat....I would say perfect....

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot
  • Upvote 1

Here is a picture of the area, Crow Rock Resort, which I highly recommend was our fishing base, our guide was the brother of the owner. He could also do some pretty wild things while under the influence with numb-chucks, but that is another story for another day...

LOW.jpg

I like hearing about stuff like this. And gigantor, I'm much better at thinking than I am at manipulating software and things doing the things you are capable of doing by far. You and BobbyO are just so good and FAST at that kind of stuff. Generationally I'm just too far past such ability. I know my limits and just try to work within them. I'm much better in analysis once the data is in front of me and working with text that I ever would be working with something as powerful as the SSR. Just being honest here.