Sasquatch Adaptability and Survival

Lake County Bigfooot

That is hands down the best tent story I have heard, pardon the pun... poor puppy though.. if puppy was the appetizer then what would have been the main course.

I do not know of too many dog abductions that ended well, I am sure that puppy was right in hiding in the sleeping bag.

JDL, scoffers would say, "Why didn't you just whack off his arm for proof, or at least take HD video?"  Most scoffers have spent little time in the woods. They do not understand how sightings normally last only a very few seconds, and are usually unnerving, with little time to truly assess what you are looking at, much less take any action to preserve it .

• Upvote 2

JDL~all I can say(ok....type) is wow, that must have been amazing! just how many sightings have you been lucky enough to have? Which was the most awe-inspiring? is there anywhere where you have a compilation of your experiences, as I'd think that would make for fascinating and insightful reading.

Thanks for posting and sharing these events of your life!

And thanks, again, for providing the link!

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

JDL a very interesting experience, seems like there was a lot of meaning contained is within the interaction.

It rings true as it calls forth echoes of unique encounters I have had and my reactions to them and the flavor that permeates such experiences.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Getting back to the topic at hand, again pardon the pun... We can pretty well conclude from sightings of them carrying rocks while hunting, that that is an option to kill a deer. I have practiced throwing without my thumb and I think that could be mastered as well. Just need to pinch the object and change the release point, but if you never used your thumb the way we do not really a problem, which does not rule out a side arm slinger or a underarm fast ball. I think what I find most interesting about Sasquatch behavior is that it seems fairly consistent throughout the country, although they may be more prone to vocalize or wood knock depending on the human presence around them. I think they also imitate when humans are present, an may use other sounds to disguise them, banging on metal objects, rock clacking, using low frequency sound wave communication. The scope of such of communication is certainly worth discussing. I do also believe that they have a complex language, much like ours that is used by some of them, perhaps not all, maybe making a certain distinction possible. These are the puzzles of this creature, why would it seem so animal, but then so human all in one breath...

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Guest Cryptic Megafauna
2 hours ago, Lake County Bigfooot said:

I have practiced throwing without my thumb and I think that could be mastered as well. Just need to pinch the object and change the release point, but if you never used your thumb the way we do not really a problem, which does not rule out a side arm slinger or a underarm fast ball

You need a thumb for throwing with any speed or accuracy which is what you need for penetration.

Laypersons misunderstand the concept of spear-throwing anyhow.

In reality it is a very recent human invention and was called an atlatl. Basically a lawn dart with a throwing handle. It's where we began as big game hunters and nothing but a Homo Sapiens ever developed such a tool, I won't go into it as I won't write a few pages now. Tool uses have lineages though, so the same technology would not be developed by a separate species in a separate time frame, that argument has to do with the making of spear points for throwing, however.

No doubt Sasquatch could sharpen a stick and stab with it, no thumb required there. Perhaps let it die and rot a few days and have other scavengers with sharper incisors and canines open up the hide so that the meat could be accessed.

If  using had tools then the problem is if they had a modern tool kit why aren't they making houses and weaving cordage.

Hint: brain size and lack of abstract language and mental templates.

If they had our abilities they would be "be" us and all you would have to do is familiarize them with your languages and they would soon be driving cars and committing mass murder, having wars, living in cities, watching Seinfeld. Star Wars, etc.

They are us but the abilities are in a latent form such as in Gorillas where they can be taught some language, a Sasquatch more so though.

You can teach birds as well. "Birds can learn languages of other species, Australian National University biologists prove".

The type they show in movies are short range weapons used as a pike and aren't thrown much at all. You brace your body and impale the target.

Bigfoot or, in reality, Homo Erectus and Habilis have thumbs but would have primarily scavenged dead animals that predators had already killed or had died and started to rot into carrion.

What you would want to look for in that situation are bones that were broken by rocks to get at the marrow and maybe a hand ax cut mark on the animal bones.

Which is assuming they had tools at the point they "became" Bigfoot and did not continue into the modern branch of Homo Sapiens.

So i need to edit that more... oh well, read between the lines, I guess

BFF Patron

With regards to communication there seems to be a infrasound component that I have recorded.    The first recording of it I got it was several minutes after I got zapped.     It consisted of  single pulses emitted several minutes apart.      The wave form looked like a passing pressure wave.    On a digital wave form analyzer you see a positive pressure wave followed by a negative pressure wave nearly the same size then a slight bounce into the positive pressure zone.        When I first discovered it I assumed it was some sort of sonar like mechanism like ships and submarines use to locate each other.   But that made no sense since I was standing in the open and any BF anywhere close could plainly see where I was standing.      I have to assume since the BF zapped me a few minutes prior it produced the single pulses too.     If the zapping  had not happened then a distant falling tree,  falling rock, or even a distant explosion could be blamed.    It still can, but I find it unlikely since those events are rare and unlikely to repeat spaced out several minutes apart.  So I have to assume some relationship to the zapping BF.        Thinking about it for several days I finally developed a theory to explain it.       The zapping infrasound could probably be detected by BF anywhere close.      I think they would feel it in their chest or perhaps because of their size they can hear it directly, unlike humans.     If a BF zaps a human it is likely a situation where the BF assumes it is in distress and needs to do something to get the human move away.    And as illogical as it was for a BF researcher, that is exactly what I did in response to being zapped;  I left a location where I was very sure there was a BF close and walked away.    10 minutes later I was wondering why in the world I did that.    Back to my theory,   perhaps the single pulses are something a BF puts out as a beacon so BF some distance away, and it could be miles, can determine where a BF, possibly one in distress,  is located.     Or rather than a locator like tree knocking, perhaps the pulse is a sign of distress or even a "ignore the zapping I scared the human away"      Certainly if a BF puts out a single pulse for a few minutes,  then it must be assumed by others it is OK.     

I would strongly urge anyone who carries a digital recorder in the field, and think they have been zapped, or had an encounter with the recorder running to look carefully at the recording with expanded x and y components with digital sound analysis software.    If you know what to look for you can see the zapping pressure waves and any single pulses.    I would be happy to show what I have discovered in a PM situation.    Most of it is covered in my thread I posted after I was zapped.    But I must point out you will hear nothing with your ears.     You have to analyze the digital sound graphics to see it.   

BFF Patron

The pulse was a single pressure wave.    Looks like a gunshot on the graphics software.     I have recorded distant gunshots and they look very similar to this although they have much higher amplitudes and are audible to our hearing.    This is one of the pulses from the infrasound zapping.    I could not find a printout of the single pressure wave but this looks identical.            Notice it really stands out of the noise in the rest of the trace.    Those tics at the bottom of the trace are at .01 seconds.   So peak to peak of the original passing pressure wave to the following overpressure bounce is .016 seconds.    The zapping was a series of these pressure waves.    Measuring the time between each passing pressure wave initial peak (this is one) the infrasound started at 3.41 HZ increased to 17.24 HZ then decreased to 7.69 HZ.   It is not sinusoidal but a series of arriving pressure waves like a machine gun firing at a slightly different rate.          Amplitude is sort of meaningless in that amplitude is relative to the gain setting of the recorder.    Each pressure wave is very similar in wave form and the only variance is the length of time between the arrival of  each one.    However with other digital software I did not even see this until I expanded the X and Y axis.     MInd you digital recorders are not designed to record outside of the human hearing range.        This was done with Sonic Visualizer Software which is what the Olympic Project people use.   I have no idea how BF generates these pressure waves but it is likely some kind of stuttering release of air in its lungs.     And apparently they can release one at a time.  

The recording was in stereo and one trace has much higher amplitude than the other.    Based on that the source seemed to be on my left.     Post event analysis puts that behind about a 4 foot diameter log that was just behind me to the left.      A depression behind the log showed that the vegetation there had been disturbed  and compressed as if something had been behind the log.   If true I must have walked right past the BF and did not see it.IMG_0137.JPG    

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cryptic Megafauna said:

You need a thumb for throwing with any speed or accuracy which is what you need for penetration.

Just a few minutes practice with a golf ball had me basically mastering a technique to throw without the thumb, it can be accomplished by throwing with hand sideways to the target and two fingers pinching the object against the palm and one finger behind the object being thrown, I think one could reach a similar velocity to a throw with the thumb, only the release and leverage points are different. Trust me when I say it can be done...Try it...or try it straight on with three fingers the middle on a little bit back of the others. That might be even more accurate.

In regards to infra-sound signatures, I would certainly be interested in seeing how they can be detected with sound recording. I have many recordings with activity present and would like to see if a sound wave was also present during such times. I have heard animals being killed presumably in my marsh, a deer and possum. While never being zapped I had a tree go down near me shortly after urinating near this activity zone, then something bolted through the marsh. I believe that they definitely can zap you with infra-sound, an audible growl has been associated with such incidence at times, but not always. Seems to me your on to something. I know that part of the Falcon Project debacle was going to include equipment for the detection of infra-sound. William Barnes, bless his heart, he meant well.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

BFF Patron

Lake your first step is to get Sonic Visualizer software.   You can download it on line.  It is shareware and I think only costs you less than $30.    If you have the feeling of  fear or dread and wanting to get the hell out of there, you are probably being zapped.    I heard nothing but felt it in my gut.   Sort of like a buzzing with pain.     The first time I looked at the digital recording I did not hear or see anything.   Then MIB asked about harmonics.    I looked at it again with some audio software I had, but at first did not see anything.     My recorder is always on and pack mounted and pack noise creates a lot of artificial noise.    I could figure out where the zapping happened because I talked to the BF and told them to quit.    Told them it was remarkable but stop it because it hurt my gut.   I was walking when it happened and stopped.     So when I was still and not walking noticed some ticks in the sound trace.   I did a rough calculation and determined the ticks were in the infrasound range.     That software did not allow the x axis expansion so I downloaded Sonic Visualizer and was able to expand the trace and accurately measure the frequency of the pressure waves and show the wave form.    Sonic Visualizer has marks that are .01 seconds apart.    Looking at the digital trace can be tedious so when any event happens talk to mark your recording with your voice.   

My recorder is a Zoom H2.      Any comparable or better digital recorder will record those pressure waves.  I might add if you have some sort of wind noise cancellation to turn it off.     I asked Ron Morehead about the Sierra sounds recordings.  Unfortunately they were done with an analogue recorder and although he thinks they were zapped several times, their recordings are not good enough to see anything.  They have looked.   Scott Carpenter has been zapped while recording with a video camera.    But I cannot get him to look into seeing if it shows on the audio file.   It could be that the camera audio format is not good enough.    He may not want to share credit I do not know.     I use a .wave format that has a relatively high sample rate.    It I get a rare recording, I want it to be good quality.      If I can get someone to get a digital zapping recording, I can validate my work.    I would be happy to share credit and this may be worthy of a scientific paper.    While I did not see the BF that zapped me,   something living in the NW woods is capable of producing infrasound that has physiological  effects on humans.    Just that is worth of a paper.    That I found a BF footprint nearby points to that as the source.    Science pretty much requires my experience to be repeatable.    So someone that has a recorder running when zapped can validate that something is in the woods capable of infrasound.     Other than the big cats,  seal life,  and some African animals,  I do not know of anything living in North America that is known to produce infrasound.    Some have suggested earthquakes,  but since my recording has the exact time of the event, I was able to determine that no earthquakes were recorded by the USGS  within 30 minutes of the event anyplace in the region.   Since I am near Mt St Helens,  there are earthquake monitors all over the place.  

If anyone wants to collaborate with this let me know.    At my age I do not want the work I have done lost.    

Edited by SWWASAS

Guest Cryptic Megafauna
4 hours ago, Lake County Bigfooot said:

I know that part of the Falcon Project debacle was going to include equipment for the detection of infra-sound

I have played around many designs for falcon type craft but would need the services of someone to do the maths for the envelope. Perhaps a student aeronautical engineer with experience in lighter than air craft?

Realistically a hydrogen weather balloon with shortwave for gas release and a camera platform or drooping drone to target are the simplistic option.

Just renting a hit air balloon and using an advanced camera system with an infrared spotter would be nice, but noisy.

Helicopter is also another nice but noisy option.

The lawn chair with balloons is actually pretty sophisticated.

Planning is the key and getting flight permissions would be almost impossible so a pirate approach would be needed unless you had very deep pockets.

If you sell it as military recon project you get to use some top notch software and probably it would be easier to get clearances.

Oddly the best designs but hardest since you need real engineering are zeppelin rigid type tubes, best for stability, lift, drag, maximum buoyancy, maneuvering, landing, and time aloft with fuel.

Falcon types crash alot but are good at very high altitudes.

The best would be lightly powered slightly heavier than air with hydrogen, alcohol power propulsion.

The Hindenburg was not that flammable, it was the aluminum coating that supplied the burn, not the hydrogen so much, but now they no longer let you use hydrogen. Helium is problematic and leaks through the envelope, is expensive, and has other issues.

Perhaps pay Amazon to put your camera on their platform?