Sasquatch Adaptability and Survival

Lake County Bigfooot

Agreed, we need tools and we need to get out there and use them.

We focus on proving infrasound.   The flip side of the coin is if we can observe the effects described so far, yet proper equipment is not detecting infrasound, then we need to move on to looking for other possibilities.    

MIB

BFF Patron

Think about it this way.  It is hypothesized Sasquatch use infrasound for more than an incapacitating weapon against animals and humans.  They use it like elephants when a wood knock doesn't fit the bill for whatever reason.  If such is the case, the paper cited here would assist with the experimentation.   If you can detect you should be able to record.  If you can record you should be able to reproduce a signal that might be "seen" in a locale where a Sasquatch is known to inhabit.  This article sketches it out   IEE Paper_Elephant Detection_Final3.pdf    After collecting enough data in a hotspot then all you have to do is play the signal/noise:wheat/chaff game of determining the target from noise.  Might help to have a hefty inheritance or healthy grant as mentioned.  Forgot to mention don't play the elephant infrasound when you are looking for Sasquatch (esp. if you have an elephant wildlife rescue or zoo nearby, lol).  All you need is a herd of Sasquatch among which to place the device.  

Edited by bipedalist

ShadowBorn,

You misunderstood me.  I was suggesting that someone who specializes in detecting concealed movement on a battlefield using noise detection technology in the audible range could easily employ commercially available technology in an array that could readily track infrasound activity in a large area using passive means.  If you detect, from a distance of miles, their day to day use of infrasound to communicate, then you can "observe" the patterns that develop and analyze them.  False signals can be identified and eliminated and other signals can be studied.  The technology is sophisticated enough to triangulate positions, and to determine the speed and direction of moving sources.

It's much like tracking whales by the calls that they make and it may even be possible to identify specific family groups and individuals by the character of their calls.

This all translates into information that can be used to develop further plans that could lead to other means of remote observation.

I've had a few encounters of my own, so I understand what we're up against.  I also know a little bit about electronic warfare, but am by no means an expert despite earning a 5M Additional Skill Identifier (Electronic Warfare Staff Officer under the old ASI system).  That was just a two week course back in the '80s designed to acquaint me with the EW capabilities of our Intelligence Battalion so that I could act as a liaison between them and my own battalion.  I did have a conversation with one lieutenant in charge of long range thermal detection (up to 30 miles in 1983) and he mentioned occasional anomalous sensor targets.  This was at Fort Lewis.  I was working with them because one of my areas of expertise was battlefield obscuration.  We could create several square miles of fog that the Soviets did not yet have the sensor capabilities to see through.  We could see through it so it provided an operational and tactical advantage.  Our two units worked in synergy.

To me, the stealth capabilities of a Squatch are akin to those of Special Ops on steroids.  I think it requires someone who fully understands stealth techniques (countermeasures to observation) and counter-countermeasures to get a bead on them without them being aware of it.

Edited by JDL