Sasquatch Adaptability and Survival

Lake County Bigfooot

I can certainly see that as underhanded throws also result in less movement overall. And maybe such a throw can have more arc at closer distances?.

BFF Patron

I have been hit on my pack with great accuracy for the distance involved.     The throw distance to the nearest significant cover was about 20 yards.     The object thrown was nothing more than a pebble about 1 inch across in one case.  I think the second object another time was a pine cone but did not see it land.     The case of the rock,  the hit was preceded by footsteps running towards me.  That caused me to whirl around as I thought it had run right up to me and had hit the pack with it's hand.   That really frightened me because there was nothing there to see.      I don't know how they throw but I was glad that it was a small rock.     My pack is not real large target.   Softball pitchers get pretty accurate at the same distances so I suppose that it could either be thrown either overhand or underhand.   Should someone ever see the rock in flight, physics should tell us if it was launched overhand or underhand by the resulting arc.    After I whirled around,  all I managed to see was the rock bouncing away from my pack back down the logging road.   

Chimps are also throwers of sorts, but to a lesser extent accurate, so the behavior is primate all around. I think my first encounter with throwing primates was with the monkeys at the zoo tossing feces at the passer by's, not exactly friendly in their case. I think the idea of the thumb being less opposing as ours does not rule out an overhand throw, it would simply have to pinch an object between the fingers and palm if the hand, I am sure the thumb would have some type of role any way. The interesting thing is that while they could use such a technique to kill prey, we do not have such reports. Why would such a skill not be employed to take out a deer, or is that they prefer to kill with a more hands on method, perhaps even taking some form of pleasure in the matter, that has been reported.

Interesting report to be sure. I'm almost surprised the lady wasn't worried that the BF would throw the stone at her for messing up the hunt!

In regards to the overhand throw, I'm sure they could at least manage a lacrosse style throw without the aid of an opposable thumb, though it may well impact accuracy, especially at distance.

And I doubt pinching action would help much when throwing monkey feces...:ph34r::D

At least it never seemed to help me......lol

I've never seen a report that their hands were different than ours - just much larger.  To the contrary, the narratives and descriptions of the hands indicate they're like ours.  Nor have I ever seen a report of underhanded throwing.

Has anyone seen narratives to the contrary?

There are various casts of hand prints. Cliff Barackman talked about their hands at the Summit in November. Their hands are similar but have shorter fingers and longer palms than ours. Their thumbs interpreted from these casts appear that they may rotate differently from ours. Not necessarily in an opposing direction. 

Definitely a good find on that BFRO report, thanks for sharing it, because it does seem to indicate the use of throwing while hunting,

2 hours ago, Twist said:

Interesting BTW, are there any videos, maybe youtube, of Cliff speaking about the hands?

Not sure if there are any videos from the Sasquatch Summit. Cliff may have the information on his website, http://cliffbarackman.com

Edited by BigTreeWalker

I've seen a hand close up, though I was groggy at the time.  I've mentioned that I was wakened by our puppy in 1974.  It had pressed up against my head, shivering in fright as a bigfoot was attempting to grab it by reaching into the tent.  My first impression was that someone was sticking a large branch with a glove on the end of it inside our tent.  The arm was six feet in length.  The thumb of the glove cupped inwards, as I recall, rather than forming a plane with the palm.  As I woke and spoke to the puppy it began to withdraw it's arm giving me a view of the hand from about twelve inches.  The puppy then passed in front of my face, burrowing into my sleeping bag and obstructing my view.  When I looked back for the branch and hand it was gone, so I thought I had dreamt it and that the puppy was simply shivering from cold.  When I realized that my exposed shoulders weren't cold, adrenalin kicked in and I looked around to find a hulking shadow outside the tent at my feet.  After a staring match through the wall of the tent, I decided that the motionless shadow was cast by a boulder from reflected moonlight from the lake and laid back down.  As soon as I did, the bigfoot stood up, gave a disgusted "humph" and walked away, passing directly between the full moon and the tent, casting a huge shadow across the top of the tent, which was five feet in height.  The hand had black hair fringing it from the back and was lighter tan color on the palm and inner surface of the fingers.  It was a full moon with ambient light shining through the roof of the tent.

• Upvote 1

That had to of been a massive bigfoot if the arm alone was 6' long.  I would guess the animal to be in the 15-16 tall range.  Don't know what kind of puppy you had but it sounds like it would have only been a midnight snack for something that large.  

That was one of several encounters that week.  Look up the thread on a Pregnant Sasquatch sighting in the PNW on this forum.

I'd say he was somewhere between nine and ten feet tall.  Their arms are proportionally longer than ours, with fingertips hanging just below the knee instead of mid thigh.  He may also have had his shoulder in the tent without me seeing it..

• Upvote 1