North Texas, summer of 1960

david75090

Gorilla was his only choice.

When I was getting growled at - it had to be a bear, wolf, or mountain lion.  No other choices.  Bear, wolf, or lion.

Turned out, that wasn't they weren't the only choice.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, david75090 said:

All the way to the Blue Creek bottom, a few hundred yards east of the community, Conrad said the animal swayed and shuffled slowly along on his back legs. "His front legs were just hanging down and swinging around," he said.

Never read (or heard) a description like this before. Strange. 

Yeah, but it wouldn't be a bad description of Patty if you didn't have a label to put on what you were looking at.  

MIB

One of my fist thoughts was, this wasn't a swift moving critter, and it was hanging around a highway, a bit too long. Seems like it got between the two houses fairly quickly, but not when it was trying run off. 

As an aside, that newspaper was a time capsule. Really a different place and time.

2 minutes ago, david75090 said:

One of my fist thoughts was, this wasn't a swift moving critter, and it was hanging around a highway, a bit too long. Seems like it got between the two houses fairly quickly, but not when it was trying run off. 

It could have been that the gunshot took it's toll but didn't see anything regarding a blood trail. A high shot may have allowed the blood to be more absorbed into its hair more than drip on the ground?

2 hours ago, LeafTalker said:

Never read (or heard) a description like this before. Strange. 

Is it possible that the shot damaged its arms?

Interesting, thanks for the post. Well before the PGF too, when most people never heard of Bigfoot. 

4 minutes ago, MikeZimmer said:

I imagine the man just thought it was some sort of animal and expected it to travel on all fours, or like a gorilla would. Being it was bipedal he didn't know how to explain it. Also possible it was an old BF that had physical problems, which was why it was prowling around houses looking for an easy meal. 

2 hours ago, JDL said:

Nice find.  Thanks.

It is, what the heck is wrong with you people, plus his post. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, hiflier said:

It could have been that the gunshot took it's toll but didn't see anything regarding a blood trail. A high shot may have allowed the blood to be more absorbed into its hair more than drip on the ground?

Depends a bit on the caliber of the bullet, the mass it penetrated, and whether or not critical arteries or veins are cut.  I've seen guys shot in the gut and since it wasn't a through and through, there wasn't much bleeding.  Through the shoulder - missing the lung - and again - not much bleeding at all.

And you got a good point - that hair would soak up quite a bit if he wasn't seriously bleeding out.

55 minutes ago, Rockape said:

It is, what the heck is wrong with you people, plus his post. 

Don't plus my post you nimrods, plus the OP!

• Upvote 3

BFF Patron

The limp arms swinging could have been the odd elbow attachments with palms facing forward that people have described of the Sasquatch arm swinging.  Funny he did not comment on arm length?  It was night and he saw enough I'm sure. 

I found another small article a couple of weeks after this one about a man of about 50 and a couple of teenagers. They lived about 20 miles west of Sherman in Cooke county. The man was dressed in a gorilla mask and they were trying to frighten people. They were apprehended and said they got the idea from the previous article in the Sherman Democrat. Said they were just trying to have some fun.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MikeZimmer said:

Totally. I just meant that I had never heard anyone refer to the arms of a BF as his or her "front legs". People usually speak just as you did: "Is it possible that the shot damaged its arms?"

Even when we talk about gorillas as gorillas, we talk about their arms; we don't say a gorilla has "front legs". Scientists, normal people -- pretty much everyone understands gorillas to have arms.  

So I thought that was interesting.