North Texas, summer of 1960

david75090

11 hours ago, Rockape said:

Don't plus my post you nimrods, plus the OP!

I had to plus that!  (MIBs love irony ...)

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting article, and the slow retreat of the animal is even more interesting. Was it after the dogs? Why did the creature hang around even after the first shots? Must have been a small caliber hand gun, but in such moments it would be hard to keep a steady hand, although I doubt he missed with three shots.

On 12/14/2016 at 7:04 PM, david75090 said:

"He looked black as coal. He was real hairy except for his face," he said. "I was about 20 feet from him when I shot, and I didn't try to get closer. I was scared."

If he was 20' from this creature? then why did the creature not attack him if it was bear bearing down on you I am sure that you would no time to run at 20'. If he was scared then getting that close would not he be most nervous?

With my first encounter I was at least around 20 - 30 yards away and I was scared. legs shaking and all and yet it was not aggressive with me.

On 12/14/2016 at 7:04 PM, david75090 said:

After the animal went into the underbrush at the creek, Conrad said he gave up the search, afraid to follow the beast in the brush.

It almost sounds like the creature was being evasive and went for the creek as a escape avenue. Following creeks are at least the less form of resistance to travel and it sounds that the creature went for it. July 20, 1960  is a long time. They should have went the next day and followed that creek for signs of the creatures presence. Good article.

• 2 weeks later...

Great find.  Internally consistent and several points that - in the 60s - would not be widely publicized/theorized about Bigfoot behavior that IMHO add up to sufficient reason to believe that several people that night saw a Bigfoot.