Anyone Care To Guess How Many People Search for Bigfoot?

FarArcher

On 1/10/2017 at 8:29 AM, chelefoot said:

Many groups aren't sharing their data.  

Many "groups" are only looking in their back yards.

I agree and that is the main reason I don't even follow any group other than my own now days. And a main reason we started our group.. I don't have time or the want to type about the "backyard researchers" that spews forth on facebook and other places.. We are a group that pretty much lives in the field all year long. There isn't even any good Bigfoot podcasts out at the moment, other than the usual call ins with the incredible stories and other garbage.. This is why we have started our own podcast show. I've been working hard for about a month now doing test shows on blogtalkradio... In about a few weeks or near the 1st of Feb we will go live with our first episode... I think once we get our first couple of episodes out people will enjoy it.. Not gonna be the same old story telling. No Bigfoot stories or woo on our show..

I can say that there was a migratory route at least as long as from Peavine Mountain just West by Northwest of Reno to the Pahrum Mountain Cluster Northwest of Pyramid Lake in Nevada.  It probably extended on the Southern end into the California Sierras and probably extended on the Northern end into Southern Idaho.  This occurred during the late to midsummer months.

JDL, you obviously have very good reason to identify a migratory route.

I'm of the camp that believes these things normally have a "home territory," and if game, water, shelter, and concealment are there - then they'd have no real reason to migrate unless to a lower winter residence.

I also would recognize that there must be movement - traversing other territories by critters seeking a mate - seeking his own "home territory," - or just happens to be one of the loners that every species has.

Could that migration route you identify, possibly be a very old route used by these critters for the purpose to find mates, etc., as opposed to maybe a mass migration route?

• 2 weeks later...

Could be a coincidence, all of my families experiences have been in the Dec to March months.  I think we are on the outer fringes of their hunting ranges and they only venture here when things are lean.  

• Upvote 1

Our research area has been productive throughout the year. We would go through "dry spells" of no activity though. I don't think the troop ever moved too far away however. 

Our research area is in North Georgia so no real reason to escape months of snow on the ground like up north or out west.

• Upvote 1

If this creature only inhabits the PacNW I think a person can draw conclusions on behavioral patterns fairly easily.

If this creature inhabits most of North America....from the Everglades to the Olympics? Then I think trying to put them all in the same box is fool hardy. Carry capacity of land, seasons, prey behavior, hazards, human populations, human activity are all going to change behavioral patterns from group to group, region to region.

I truly believe there isn't ONE correct answer IF they are as wide spread as reported.

Keep in mind too, that young male cougars are reported to walk 1500 miles in search of a mate. Migration patterns could be vastly different between the sexes of the same species.

On 1/19/2017 at 7:25 PM, spacemonkeymafia said:

Our research area has been productive throughout the year. We would go through "dry spells" of no activity though. I don't think the troop ever moved too far away however. 

Our research area is in North Georgia so no real reason to escape months of snow on the ground like up north or out west.

I could turn you on to a really good spot in north Ga if you're interested. Depending on how much field research you do in that area, you might already know the place.. I live in Chattanooga and spend lot of time not far from my house in an area, and I really don't have the time to make it down there as much as I'd like.

I go to the Cohutta wilderness. It has potential. I once heard an extremely loud , deep howl there. We camped in a hardwood stand once. We got up the next morning and a pine bow was next to the tent.

Our other spot is HOT. Many interactions over the years. It's further west closer to Alabama. It's a secret for certain reasons.

Thanks!

Yea all places are secret. If you're in the Cohutta area the place I'm talking about is not far and in that general area. There was a powerful bluff charge during a camp out a few months ago, all caught and documented. 

The Cohutta is so huge. It'll take luck on my part to get a definite area to look around. My other area is small enough to cover in one evening, hence the secret spot. 

Thanks!

I recently joined a local research group. One of the things I realized is that, collectively, there's enough good evidence out there to get science interested. But the reality is, It's like pieces to a puzzle that are scattered out with no chance of them ever coming together to make a picture. There are some research groups that get frustrated and post/share questionable evidence and that's not the type of evidence I'm referring to. Yes I know that all evidence collected is non verifiable because there is no body/confirmation by science so don't go there or I'll box those jowls lol 

There's something out there. Not sure what that something is but I learned a lot from it. Can't wait to get back out there. 

It would be great if the SW WA season plots could be frozen.  Just a thought. 

Edited by joebeelart

10 hours ago, WesT said:

I recently joined a local research group. One of the things I realized is that, collectively, there's enough good evidence out there to get science interested. But the reality is, It's like pieces to a puzzle that are scattered out with no chance of them ever coming together to make a picture. There are some research groups that get frustrated and post/share questionable evidence and that's not the type of evidence I'm referring to. Yes I know that all evidence collected is non verifiable because there is no body/confirmation by science so don't go there or I'll box those jowls lol 

There's something out there. Not sure what that something is but I learned a lot from it. Can't wait to get back out there. 

Bulls-eye and recc'd.  I'm fairly unlikely to have an encounter and am still skeptically hopeful, but the putting together of the puzzle is a challenge worth doing for those who have not had an encounter of their own.  It's like you have a giant circular puzzle and all the pieces are squares...  

SSR Team
9 hours ago, joebeelart said:

It would be great if the SW WA season plots could be frozen.  Just a thought. 

What do you mean Joe ?

Like on a map ?

If so, tell me where you want exactly (county's) and I'll do it for you, not a problem.

18 hours ago, Trogluddite said:

Bulls-eye and recc'd.  I'm fairly unlikely to have an encounter and am still skeptically hopeful, but the putting together of the puzzle is a challenge worth doing for those who have not had an encounter of their own.  It's like you have a giant circular puzzle and all the pieces are squares...  

I've never had a sighting either. But it didn't stop me from putting some of the pieces of the puzzle together. What I learned was was way more interesting than a sighting of the legend.

• masterbarber locked this topic