One Thing Bothers Me About Bigfoot Tree Knocks

FarArcher

Not just do they carry large sticks like cave man but nice size rocks that they can use to throw or maybe even slam against a tree. We once had a knock conversation if  we can call it that way. But we would knock once and it would copy, we would knock twice and it would copy again at a distance and this all happen at dusk. But then later that night is when we had the forest sound like a jungle with all these monkey sounds coming from the forest and some thing investigating our campsite.

We did find a an old tree branch that was used for knocking and the tree that this old tree branch was knocked on. There were large prints surrounding the tree that was knocked on and they led back to the dirt road where we were quick to move on to see if we were being hoaxed. On the road is where we found this large old branch that was used to knock on this tree. The marks on the old tree branch and on the tree matched. There was a deep indentation on the tree that it was knocked on where there were prints under this tree. At that time we felt like we were being hoaxed since it felt to unreal. Even though I had my encounter in this area and knew that there was a creature in this area it still felt to unreal. Since it felt like it was trying to communicate with us but it did not know how in my own personal opinion. So it used the knocking as a form to get our attention as we initiated the knocking first. Very strange way for a creature we are labeling as dangerous. Since we are all still here communicating about this creature.

• 1 month later...
Guest Audiotom

I Am not suggesting this is the be all end all

I. Recall reading recently one encounter report where the witness saw the bigfoot slap the side of a tree hard.

he was stunned when it gave off an unexpected strong as ever wood knock sound.

sorryI don't have a link

perhaps they tense up their hands or perform a karate type move

Edited by Audiotom

BFF Patron

Meldrum suggests they might be able to make a sound with their cheeks that sound like knocking.     He mentions large apes doing that.     Some humans can make a musical drumming sound to produce music with their cheeks.    Scale that up to BF size then the sound could be quite loud.   I think they probably use sticks near where the feel the need to knock rather than carry them around.     If they do not use clubs as weapons there is no need to carry them around.     Then again,  once humans started knocking,   we really do not know what is going on in the woods, or who is doing what.   

I heard a sound in Salt Fork that sounded like a "tree knock." I got the impression it was more like a "mouth pop." The sound was very close to me and I could not...for the life of me, find what made it. It sounded like it should be within my range of sight but I couldn't find the source. I had my GoPro with me but of course I did not have it recording when the sound happened. 

One thing I think about regarding knocks.  If I were an undiscovered reclusive forest creature that used 'wood knocks' as a form of communication.  Wouldn't lugging around sticks, logs, rocks be counterproductive to remaining hidden/elusive?  For one, if you are carrying something, you now only have 1 hand/arm to use instead of 2.  Secondly, now you've created an extension of your body that would contribute to non-elusiveness (extra movement, size, and potential noise maker).

I think if the 'wood knocks' are happening, and used as communication, it wouldn't be reliant on having any sort of tool with you.  

I am in the mouth/cheek/teeth clacking camp.  

BFF Patron

Don't worry, when they want to get your attention, they will do more than tree knock, how about shake the hell out of a snag below your campsite vertically a  hundred  feet below at night that you had shaken for years before everyday you passed through the area in daylight hours.  Yeah, they know you are there, if you make a habit of it;  they know who you are, and they don't need to play "Stick Indian" to stick it to you. And, yes, in close proximity (within seconds) they use a mouth pop, rock clack kind of sound I have recorded and triangulated to three separate locations (at least on one lucky night), not likely a tree creaking, popping or cracking.

Edited by bipedalist

Wood knocks get too cred as far as being done people (Knocking for a response). They are more likely between two or more of them, communicating for whatever reason, when it's not just routine background noise, which it often is, just as stick structures are often just deadfall.

BFF Patron
8 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

Don't worry, when they want to get your attention, they will do more than tree knock, how about shake the hell out of a snag below your campsite vertically a  hundred  feet below at night that you had shaken for years before everyday you passed through the area in daylight hours.  Yeah, they know you are there, if you make a habit of it;  they know who you are, and they don't need to play "Stick Indian" to stick it to you. And, yes, in close proximity (within seconds) they use a mouth pop, rock clack kind of sound I have recorded and triangulated to three separate locations (at least on one lucky night), not likely a tree creaking, popping or cracking.

Forgot to add within a hundred yards of making this discovery, I made a correlation with rock rolling in a creek in wee hours of night, yeah it could be raccoons but NO raccoons have this sense of synchronicity. 

Edited by bipedalist

I think the frequency of knocks varies by location.   I've heard 3 in person and recorded 1.    There may have been other sounds that were knocks that were too ambiguous for me to be sure of, but I'm not, so I'm not.   Of the 3 in person, 2 were within minutes, maybe seconds of each other ... perception of time does funny things sometimes.  

The other was a couple weeks later and 200 miles away.    The last, which was audio only, was interesting.   I'd parked my truck at a remote trailhead, at daylight on a week day, late in the season.    There was no wind, just a slight breeze at times, and I was well out from under trees.   I left an audio recorder with an external mic under the truck hood to see what it might pick up.  

In the beginning there was just the normal metallic ping sounds as the engine, drive train, an exhaust cooled.   There were bird calls, woodpeckers, very slight breeze noises.   My truck has a hard locking tonneau cover.    After a while, there were little dull thumps on the tonneau followed by sounds of things hitting the ground.   It would seem that something was tossing either very small cones or pebbles at my truck.    In the middle of the recording was a single loud POP!! ... pretty certainly wood-on-wood.   Some of the other things that had fallen could be heard bouncing, like a cone hitting the duff.   Not this.   There should have been if it were just something falling, VERY MUCH should have been.    I was probably at the lake 3/4ths of a mile away when that POP occurred.   No other vehicles came by, no tire tracks but mine, no engine noises.  It's a very long ways off the beaten path.

It is interesting, maybe coincidental ... some people have suggested that the number of knocks represents the number of humans.   In the 3 separate events that account for the total of 4 knocks, that has been true.

MIB

On 4/4/2017 at 7:33 PM, MIB said:

I think the frequency of knocks varies by location.   I've heard 3 in person and recorded 1.    There may have been other sounds that were knocks that were too ambiguous for me to be sure of, but I'm not, so I'm not.   Of the 3 in person, 2 were within minutes, maybe seconds of each other ... perception of time does funny things sometimes.  

The other was a couple weeks later and 200 miles away.    The last, which was audio only, was interesting.   I'd parked my truck at a remote trailhead, at daylight on a week day, late in the season.    There was no wind, just a slight breeze at times, and I was well out from under trees.   I left an audio recorder with an external mic under the truck hood to see what it might pick up.  

In the beginning there was just the normal metallic ping sounds as the engine, drive train, an exhaust cooled.   There were bird calls, woodpeckers, very slight breeze noises.   My truck has a hard locking tonneau cover.    After a while, there were little dull thumps on the tonneau followed by sounds of things hitting the ground.   It would seem that something was tossing either very small cones or pebbles at my truck.    In the middle of the recording was a single loud POP!! ... pretty certainly wood-on-wood.   Some of the other things that had fallen could be heard bouncing, like a cone hitting the duff.   Not this.   There should have been if it were just something falling, VERY MUCH should have been.    I was probably at the lake 3/4ths of a mile away when that POP occurred.   No other vehicles came by, no tire tracks but mine, no engine noises.  It's a very long ways off the beaten path.

It is interesting, maybe coincidental ... some people have suggested that the number of knocks represents the number of humans.   In the 3 separate events that account for the total of 4 knocks, that has been true.

MIB

If you assume that all knocks are squatch, which they of course are not. You get wood pops in the cold, trees fall in windy conditions or in fact, bump up against each other. There's gunfire mis-identification in hunting seasons, the list goes on and on. Not all bumps in the night are bigfoot.

Wow, did you learn that all by yourself?   Geez. :(   

MIB

• Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, starchunk said:

If you assume that all knocks are squatch, which they of course are not. You get wood pops in the cold, trees fall in windy conditions or in fact, bump up against each other. There's gunfire mis-identification in hunting seasons, the list goes on and on. Not all bumps in the night are bigfoot.

Tree knocks will mess with your head.

I remember climbing in a stand 2 hours before sunrise in a dead calm night. As the morning progressed the wind picked up and I kept hearing a loud knock

just 30 yards or so to my right .  Still dark and all of a sudden a loud crash hitting the forest floor had to be a large limb or tree falling. Good thing I was tethered in the tree.

I've listened to thousands of hours of nighttime audio over the years. I can say I've only heard what could be real tree knocks only a couple of times in all that audio. Tree knocks are powerful. Popping your finger out of your mouth isn't. Some people thinks an acorn falling from a tree and bouncing off different limbs on the way down is a Bigfoot playing a xylophone just for them. Real tree knocks are few and far between. Bigfoot does like to make sounds, but they aren't all from smacking a tree. Never any beating sticks found around where the knocks occurred, And that says a lot.

I've been in the field again this spring. We found this seeming volley of knocks and gunfire that occured over a period of about ten minutes. It was cool and calm at about 10 pm at night. This file is condensed to remove all the dead time in between but the knocks and shots are still in the original order. The recorder was placed several miles from our camp, so we didn't hear this live.

Knock-shooter volley SS loc 3-4-17.mp3

• Upvote 2

Admin

Interesting SY....   could there be somebody hoaxing you?