One Thing Bothers Me About Bigfoot Tree Knocks

FarArcher

6 hours ago, hiflier said:

OK. So here's a what if: What if the one on the copse was a female-as in a potential mating opportunity? Or the sound you heard there was a female already in the mating process? That guy that ran at and then by you could have been in the throes of "love" and got by you because you were the LAST thing on it's mind. If the procreation cycle is closer to that of other animals then there could very well and been an infant born in the following Spring. Just something to think about. You not going toward the copse and standing your ground might have been the exact best thing that you could've done. There could be something to this this notion of mating seasons.. 

I don't know.  If it was a 'she,' - she sounded almighty threatening - not amorous.  I have spoken with some others who I'd consider among the Who's Who when it comes to these things, and a combination of the late hour and direction they apparently came from - suggests they were transiting from their crib to water.  And I just happened to get in the way.

Another thing I believe that gets in my way personally about a mating season.  Mating seasons are for animals.  I don't think these things are animals.  Not human - but men.  Primitive men.  Cave men, if you will.

I can accept that. Traditionally Humans have had June weddings even though weddings can occur any time. Spring births in Humans were best for many reasons. Just like most other creatures. No one can be sure if Sasquatch follows this pattern or not to tell the truth but a study of when infants and small BF's have been seen does seem to indicate a general pattern even if there are exceptions to that pattern. Experience in Nature's annual cycle of seasons and when it's better for newborns and pregnancies alike might have some influence on BF's mating cycles though. I mean water is an important draw and focus for creatures in the wild but the big one's actions sure does seem like there was something very important on its mind- more important apparently than stopping to engage you. Saying mating was its focus is only one idea. Your account did bring up the "man on a mission" thought. M two rocks lobbed into the camp.

• Upvote 1

Only in retrospect can I at least assume the one growling at me was a BF.  At the time it was happening, I'd run through "wolf," "bear," and the only thing it could have been to my ignorant self - a big cat.

Yes, the big one was on a mission - and the moment he merged with the source of the growling (I thought there would be a big cat versus critter fight) - everything went silent.  Only then did it make sense that the impossible met up with another impossible - and since I was backing up out of there with great enthusiasm and efficiency, their threat was over.

Perhaps then, if it comes to be  noted that births are. Occurring thrughout the year, this might well imply a certain level of social/ cultural development has been attained/surpassed where the weather of a season no longer dictates, nor mandates, reproductive patterns, thereby demonstrating their at  least foundational overcoming of base existence, where their abilities and social constructs enable a new perspective on their ways of life and the potentials there in, just as we certainly experienced along our own progression, though not necessarily  along the same path....

As for the functional the knocks, many it's to the point nowadays that they do it when humans are around to see if WE respond!

"Ok..double knock in ten.."

"Roger that"

"Shhhh! Did you hear that?"

"Maybe"

"That's the trouble with those pesky hairless dwarves...it's almost like they don't even know what they're saying...weird"

On 1/10/2017 at 11:31 PM, FarArcher said:

Trog, a big smile crossed my face when you described "breaking squelch."  Oh yeah, on the hour, we'd break squelch to let others know we were still alive and well - and the only time we cracked the mic was for pickup.

I considered just using the phrase, and not explaining it just to see who knew what.  I had some good teachers in that regard, although I was probably a lousy student.

Keeping up on the wood knocks being something else, today I was in the local 40-acre wood w/my dog and as so often happens, she got distracted.  It's a bit cold, so I had some Mechanix brand gloves on - thin, but warm with a non-slip palm and fingers.  Needed to get my dog to stop sniffing the same plant she had spent five minutes on, so I cupped my hands and gave a loud clap.  It was impressive, and I immediately thought of this thread.  I did it a few more times (w/my dog looking at me thinking "I heard you the first time") and could see how the sound could be confused for a wood knock. 

Now having said that, I've got some fairly large hands and this was still a pretty puny sound all things considered.  So if it is hand-clapping and not wood-knocking you hear, you may want to back out very, very slowly. 

Well, that's one reason I asked the question, and from the feedback, it would appear that others have noted some of the same things.  Your inadvertent "discovery," and my simple observation that quality wood is not that common on woodland floors.

Odd.

All my posts got transferred to "Camp Fire" talk, along with other topics like "Skidmarks - a Fat Man's Problem,"  or other fascinating topics like "Never take a laxative and sleeping pill at the same time."

I'm not well though of here, and some just can't help themselves.

Oh I don't know if everyone feels that way about you FA. I thought your thread "What To Do If Bigfoot Urinates On your Tires" was very thought provoking as well as informative I also agreed with your mention that anyone's response should wisely take into account the time of day along with their alcohol consumption ;) 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

FA- I enjoy your posts and find them interesting and informative from a different perspective and experience, and isn't that what this whole forum is based on? the sharing of different perspectives, experiences, and interpretations? good stuff, that!

• Upvote 2

I've thought hand claps was likely the cause for years now. Years ago I watched a tv documentary on gorillas, there was a female gorilla beddin' down in the trees if I recall, she clapped her hands as a means of location to her family, soon as I heard it I thought of the "tree knocks" attributed to sasquatch.

My 2 cents is all.

I have no idea how they make the power knocks, but they're masters of percussion in general. See some of Noel's older videos, etc. I have quite a few examples of drumming sounds made at night, and awhile back I looked it up. Found some interesting info about primates drumming, think it was chimps, IIRC.

I saw a recent video by Utah Sasquatch, think it was his 20-minute sighting? He watched two critters moving around but hiding and suddenly heard a very loud knock from that vicinity, but detected no movement. He had no answers, but I suppose it could point to a vocal effect.

Think about it... If we were dealing with a caveman? We would not be wondering how he got a green rigid stick to wood knock a response in short order. Neanderthal males had bowed arm bones from using a thrusting spear their whole lives. Its easy to assume that his spear was his constant companion along with the tools to create the spear. Such as fire making or carrying tools. Tree resins, sinew, knap making material, awls, animal hides, etc, etc. Plus the wood stick!!!

As for wood knocks i do not put much stock in them. Hard to say what significance they represent, if any.

Yep, thought about it.

Chimps find a rock that helps a lot in cracking a nut, and a depression in a branch that holds the nut.  They keep the rock, and bring nuts to the branch.

Woodpeckers find trees that resonate - and drainpipes as well - and go there to hammer out their territorial announcements.

NAWAC reported rocks, and firewood, taken from woodpiles, found near trees corresponding to locations from which they were hearing knocks.

Humans aren't disciplined about knocking, usually.  They won't go once, or twice, and stop.

Not unless they know about sasquatch reports, and are copycatting what they've read.  Likelihood effectively zero.  (Would you/anyone you know/anyone they know?)

I know of at least three reports, from CA CO and FL, of a witness catching one in the act.

On 1/18/2017 at 2:34 PM, JKH said:

I have no idea how they make the power knocks, but they're masters of percussion in general. See some of Noel's older videos, etc. I have quite a few examples of drumming sounds made at night, and awhile back I looked it up. Found some interesting info about primates drumming, think it was chimps, IIRC.

I saw a recent video by Utah Sasquatch, think it was his 20-minute sighting? He watched two critters moving around but hiding and suddenly heard a very loud knock from that vicinity, but detected no movement. He had no answers, but I suppose it could point to a vocal effect.

Yeah, I listened to some of those drumming recordings - you'd have thought that Ginger Baker was out there with a drumset and drumsticks.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:49 PM, FarArcher said:

Well, that's one reason I asked the question, and from the feedback, it would appear that others have noted some of the same things.  Your inadvertent "discovery," and my simple observation that quality wood is not that common on woodland floors.

Odd.

All my posts got transferred to "Camp Fire" talk, along with other topics like "Skidmarks - a Fat Man's Problem,"  or other fascinating topics like "Never take a laxative and sleeping pill at the same time."

I'm not well though of here, and some just can't help themselves.

ROTFLMSAO!!!

Prophets are despised, in their homelands.

Heretics espoused the earth wasn't flat.

Baptists hold you underwater until you "see the light".