What Triggered your Bigfoot Encounter?

FarArcher

I don't know if mine is truly an encounter but I can't imagine what else would be able to push the accelerator through a tractor floor other than a bigfoot. If I had to guess I would say that whatever it was had watched my husband operate the tractor a few times and thought they would take it for a spin. Evidently he had a lead foot.

I haven't had an encounter but since reading posts here and watching a load of videos on YT (not all of which were good) I wondered about setting up an experiment. For those with access to BF areas how about the following?

• Grab two reasonably sized bowls
  • Fill both with fruit, berries, perhaps a piece of raw meat or two in one of them. (Or whatever you think BF would like to eat and can smell)
  • Put the one with the meat 50 feet (or whatever distance you are comfortable with) away from your location.
  • Sit down and eat some of the fruit from the bowl without meat. (Your bowl)

See if you get a reaction.

When you have spent enough time in the location, remove BOTH bowls. (Do NOT leave any food for the BF)

Repeat this exercise over a long period of time.

Would any observing BF realise to get the food they would have to approach the bowl while you were there to see them?

A positive result would be the BF coming on more than one occasion to take the food as they felt safe with you there.

The downside is, it would require repetition over numerous sessions spanning months.

Do people think something like that would be worth a try to see if an encounter could be triggered?

Admin
On 1/11/2017 at 10:04 PM, MIB said:

...There were three very heavy thuds like a bounding deer makes.   The problem where that falls apart is that's all there was, end, finished, no continuation.   A deer, once it reaches that speed, has to either continue bounding, even if it is slowing down, or it has to break into a 4 footed run, even if it is slowing down.   They are entirely incapable of just stopping.    It didn't reach the creek.   It didn't splash.   There were no rolling of the loose head sized rocks by the creek.   There was no big thud on the other side necessary for something leaping the creek.   The 4th thud, or "run off", which is **unavoidable** if that was a deer did not occur....  

Not aware of any creatures that can "stop on a dime" from a full run. So even if it was a BF, seems like there would have been more thuds. Was the area of the final thud in trees? If so, is it possible that it took a flying leap, grabbed a big branch, and headed upwards?

It wasn't running.    I guess I didn't explain that well.    Does, fawns, and younger bucks will start run with a series of bounces.   There's a lot of delay when they're airborne between bounds.    That's the cadence but I'm not sure the distance was as long.   I think it was 3 long steps, then "went to ground", whether it dropped behind one of the low drops, hit the creek bed, or ... like what you suggest, which I didn't think of ... grabbed a tree.   I don't think it went up but it may have yanked itself around behind a trunk in passing.    Most of the trees there are smaller firs without many lower branches, not much up available, but lots of "around."  

Faracher

I know what triggered mine and how it was triggered. It was when I decided to let it all go. Not record them not get no proof of them and leave them alone. But be a part of them a belonging that is hard to explain. Yea a brotherhood in a way, you can call. A part of a group. Sure ! It is wayyy far out there thinking ( mind wise ) . But as you have said you " know where they are" so why make your self vulnerable to them and see a new side of them. Well that's what I did during hunting. I learned another side of them that can only be explained by others who have gone through similar situations.

Hey I am not a scientist but I do know how science works. The first test can just be fluke and that's all but then you try again and the  test works again. Two test in a row, one test yes a fluke but two test now in a row stating truth. Now I go for a third and a forth and fith and they are all positive. Now what do you do stay silent about it. Each one was a trigger to understand if they can do one thing. I did find the truth.

Them things are smart !!! :) I like learning and this is what this bigfooting should be about. Like those chest skip beat moments out in the field. 

Admin
2 hours ago, MIB said:

I guess I didn't explain that well.

More like me reading too much into the narrative....

Thanks for the clarification!

2 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Faracher

I know what triggered mine and how it was triggered. It was when I decided to let it all go. Not record them not get no proof of them and leave them alone. But be a part of them a belonging that is hard to explain. Yea a brotherhood in a way, you can call. A part of a group. Sure ! It is wayyy far out there thinking ( mind wise ) . But as you have said you " know where they are" so why make your self vulnerable to them and see a new side of them. Well that's what I did during hunting. I learned another side of them that can only be explained by others who have gone through similar situations.

Hey I am not a scientist but I do know how science works. The first test can just be fluke and that's all but then you try again and the  test works again. Two test in a row, one test yes a fluke but two test now in a row stating truth. Now I go for a third and a forth and fith and they are all positive. Now what do you do stay silent about it. Each one was a trigger to understand if they can do one thing. I did find the truth.

Them things are smart !!! :) I like learning and this is what this bigfooting should be about. Like those chest skip beat moments out in the field. 

Yes, they certainly are smart.

59 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

More like me reading too much into the narrative....

Thanks for the clarification!

No worries.   Motivates me to drive back up there and look around with a different set of questions in mind.   In the moment, I just kinda shrugged, thought "hmmm ... maybe ..." with the pretty clear understanding there was no point in chasing after whatever it was.   I wouldn't have ever given it another thought if not for that weird heavy feeling that came along later.   It's weird what you can get used to.   If there's nothing to whack you up side the head, to break through and get your attention ... well, it makes me wonder how many people have bigfoot experiences and don't even know that's what happened.

MIB

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anytime we have had any sort of "interaction" there hasn't been any particular action that triggered it that we can find.  If we could narrow down something that would positively get results on a repeatable basis we would have the proof that everyone is looking for by now.

• Upvote 1