FarArcher

If You Get A BF Body

79 posts in this topic

You may wish to glove up.  They may have a bacteria or virus they're good with - and you're NOT good with.  Some parasites they may carry could possibly infect you - and a lot of those things take a bit to incubate before you start seeing symptoms.  Fleas may jump and bite - and the next thing you know - you got some kind of crud.

 

If they are truly cannibalistic, some may suffer from neuro prion diseases, and even though consumption is the normal way of transmission - if you handle tissue of those infected with the disease - you can become infected as well.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good advice. Safety glasses and mask may be wise as well as gloves.

Edited by norseman
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering, would they be more likely to have something like FarArcher describes above than any other wild animal (bear, cougar, bobcat, wolverine, badger, etc.)? If so, why (ape related)?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthropologists indicate that on some Neanderthal and other older versions of man, there were occasional signs of cuts on the bones that may indicate cannibalism.  I'll not get into the nuts and bolts - but Kuru is a disease that came from funerary cannibalism.  It would spread throughout the body tissues - not just the brain - and since the females of the population worked with butchering the bodies - they'd come more in contact with infected tissues - and I've seen some papers where they seemed to likely acquire Kuru disproportionally from the males - very possibly from handling the infected tissues more than the males.

 

Parasites too, can carry a disease, and by handling even something like a mouse - you can pick up a disease.  

 

Just saying, any body, of any biological construction can carry disease.  Caution is preferable than infection.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to mention the concept that in that BF's are thought to be about the closest thing to us out there, the likelihood that they'll have something transmittable is considerably greater than with say a bear or deer..... 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a living bigfoot the biggest danger apart from being shot at might be the common cold or flu, similarly to how humans can pass these viruses onto the great apes - I would think we'd be much less likely to catch something off of a bigfoot than the other way round, though of course it can go either way.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have listed problems associated with collecting a body before.     My ideas about pending problems in order of priority are:    1:   The dead BF relatives or tribe    2:  As mentioned contamination with BF pathogens,    3 :   Transportation and Storage   4: Who you take it to   5:   Which government agency shows up that claims it has more right to possess the body than you do.  6:  Legal issues.       None of these issues are insignificant and if not carefully thought out will result in loss of the specimen and possibly your life.      Personally dealing with more than two of these issues pretty well convinces me that I want no part of it.     Watch Dinosaur 13 on Netflicks or Amazon.     That is the story of the finders of Sue the TRex that is in the Natural History Museum in Chicago.    One of the finders did two years in jail because of butting heads with government agencies.     

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

I have listed problems associated with collecting a body before.     My ideas about pending problems in order of priority are:    1:   The dead BF relatives or tribe    2:  As mentioned contamination with BF pathogens,    3 :   Transportation and Storage   4: Who you take it to   5:   Which government agency shows up that claims it has more right to possess the body than you do.  6:  Legal issues.       None of these issues are insignificant and if not carefully thought out will result in loss of the specimen and possibly your life.      Personally dealing with more than two of these issues pretty well convinces me that I want no part of it.     Watch Dinosaur 13 on Netflicks or Amazon.     That is the story of the finders of Sue the TRex that is in the Natural History Museum in Chicago.    One of the finders did two years in jail because of butting heads with government agencies.     

 

I think you framed that nicely.

 

In order.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH I can't really see the insurmountable issues here. You simply don't need a whole body, just a part thereof (such as the foot or the head, hand etc.) and the resultant DNA. This combined with video or photographic evidence of the body and/or the shooting process and you will convince most reasonable people.

 

If these creatures are intelligent, they should do like most intelligent animals do and retreat when a gun sounds. Most intelligent people don't run straight at a shooter after a nearby person has been shot, they take cover as self preservation kicks in or attempt to flee. I think to suggest the MIBs will come in and be all over the case is unsupported by any evidence - nothing like this happened to the PGF footage which most proponents feel is real footage of a genuine creature, I'm sure you could get the body part to (for example) Dr. Meldrum before being subjected to any kind of legal or agency issues - who would know until it went public and then it's in the good doctors hands and you have plausible deniability - it is after all a creature not thought to exist according to science.

 

There could be some small danger from pathogens, but the creatures are probably much more at risk from viruses that we carry and are used to, especially if they live in small, isolated communities.  The biggest issue appears to be finding them reliably enough to choose a suitable subject and getting a clean shot - unless you believe the stories about people already shooting one.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your dismissal of these issues should be reconsidered.   What if the DNA shows that the hand you have is very closely related to human?.       If some Neanderthal wandered out of the woods and was shot under most circumstances,   the shooter would be in serious legal problems.    It would make little difference to the authorities that Neanderthals were not thought to exist at this time.     They are the ancestors of many of us.   .   As a matter of fact the one shot might be related to me since I have significant Neanderthal DNA.   Why would MIB types come after the PG film when the majority of Americans think it is a hoax?       As with the UFO phenomena,   hoaxers do the governments work of disinformation.

 

  I have discussed this body issue with Meldrum.      I got the impression that even he has concerns about confiscation should a body come into his possession.    His parts of choice would be the head,   hand,  femur,   and foot.   Pretty much in that order.    I told him if I ever found a skeleton I would notify him that I was bringing in a "package" for him to examine.     There are federal statutes that state that anything found on Federal Land of significant  archaeological or historical significance is the property of the federal government.    It can be examined in place but cannot be collected or moved without permission of the government.     I think BF certainly would be in that category.         Those looking to kill a BF better be lawyered up before hand.    Even collection of a skeleton might get you time in jail and a huge fine if it was on federal land and done without government permission.    States may have similar laws that could come into play if things are discovered in State forests.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ This has been extensively discussed within our group regarding the search for skeletal remains as various governmental entities and/or tribal governments could be problematic. We've decided that part of the evidence should be sequestered in various place for "insurance" purposes as well as to mitigate cover-up efforts by whomever.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking that Dr Meldrum would have even less ability to prevent gov. confiscation of parts, and then read Randy's post. With him out of the safest path to disclosure, where do you then go?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Yuchi1 said:

^^^ This has been extensively discussed within our group regarding the search for skeletal remains as various governmental entities and/or tribal governments could be problematic. We've decided that part of the evidence should be sequestered in various place for "insurance" purposes as well as to mitigate cover-up efforts by whomever.

 

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennewick_Man

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Your dismissal of these issues should be reconsidered.   What if the DNA shows that the hand you have is very closely related to human?.       If some Neanderthal wandered out of the woods and was shot under most circumstances,   the shooter would be in serious legal problems.    It would make little difference to the authorities that Neanderthals were not thought to exist at this time.     They are the ancestors of many of us.   .   As a matter of fact the one shot might be related to me since I have significant Neanderthal DNA.   Why would MIB types come after the PG film when the majority of Americans think it is a hoax?       As with the UFO phenomena,   hoaxers do the governments work of disinformation.

 

  I have discussed this body issue with Meldrum.      I got the impression that even he has concerns about confiscation should a body come into his possession.    His parts of choice would be the head,   hand,  femur,   and foot.   Pretty much in that order.    I told him if I ever found a skeleton I would notify him that I was bringing in a "package" for him to examine.     There are federal statutes that state that anything found on Federal Land of significant  archaeological or historical significance is the property of the federal government.    It can be examined in place but cannot be collected or moved without permission of the government.     I think BF certainly would be in that category.         Those looking to kill a BF better be lawyered up before hand.    Even collection of a skeleton might get you time in jail and a huge fine if it was on federal land and done without government permission.    States may have similar laws that could come into play if things are discovered in State forests.  

 

I'm not at all dismissing the issues, merely stating that I think they are far from insurmountable. The point of my post wasn't whether we should or should not shoot as only the individual can weigh that up and decide - it was in answer to the listed problems, none of which were about whether you should shoot or not. The issues above were all postulated after the shooting I believe.

 

As far as potentially shooting a neanderthal, if we are assuming the creature is real then from the best descriptive, photographic and video evidence we currently have the creature would be one that resembled the PGF most probably which is clearly a great ape like a gorilla or a billy ape or a bonobo. We have, as far as I know, no photographic or video evidence of neanderthals living currently, we do have some evidence (though not enough or of high enough quality to convince) of a large bipedal ape.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites