If You Get A BF Body

FarArcher

I agree with CR.

I lean towards the pro kill side in order to get A specimen.  I'm fairly confident that when one is obtained it will not be a Neanderthal.  I believe as CR stated it'll be some sort of ape, gorilla etc.  I sway on this from time to time but that's where I stand  currently.  To many unknowns about BF to be 100% on anything.

Edited by Twist
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Twist said:

To many unknowns about BF to be 100% on anything

Bingo that T. That's why major push by everyone to find that dead one or its skeleton this Spring and this year should be job one. Then the legality of taking one down by force is out the window and soooo much easier all around.

If the species is not human, or closely related to us, then do you believe it is somewhere between human and ape? or somewhere off the human branch? or somewhere off the ape branch? seems like your thoughts Twist lean toward ape, and I agree that it likely isn't completely ape or human. 

You seem to assert that apes are not closely related to us.    Biology doesn't agree.    Anything with a shared ancestor more recently than our last shared ancestor with chimpanzees is more closely related yet regardless of what they look like.

MIB

• Upvote 1

Testify! MIB! That is precisely the point! Ape vs human is just a fine matter of degree....that being said, from what has been described by witnesses and the evidence, it seems pretty clear they sit on the "more human than great ape" side of the bleachers. Just my opinion, mind ya....

• Upvote 1

Oh, I'm with you on that.   I've been to the zoo, been to some outdoor animal parks, I've seen chimps and gorillas.   What visited me was a whole lot more like a human kid in intelligence, curiosity, etc, the biggest difference between them and us seems to be emotion vs intellect, not in absolutes, just tendencies.  

MIB

2 hours ago, MIB said:

You seem to assert that apes are not closely related to us.    Biology doesn't agree.    Anything with a shared ancestor more recently than our last shared ancestor with chimpanzees is more closely related yet regardless of what they look like.

MIB

The only way for that to be untrue, which I find unlikely is the point Meldrum brings up. Bipedalism could have arisen out of great apes more than once and unrelated from each other.

For example, we are a bipedal walking African ape with chimps as our closest relative. Sasquatch could be a bipedal walking Asian ape with orangutans as its closest relative.

I like simple clean explanations, but it's possible that our bushy tree may have thrown us a curve ball.

BFF Patron
20 hours ago, guyzonthropus said:

I was thinking that Dr Meldrum would have even less ability to prevent gov. confiscation of parts, and then read Randy's post. With him out of the safest path to disclosure, where do you then go?

First of all Meldrum is in Idaho.    If you are from Idaho that might be a good thing.        I think it wise to enlist an academic from the state where you do research.       Finding one might be a challenge but they are out there.    Especially if they get the find of the century in their field.       No matter where I find anything, it will not be on federal land (take that for what it is worth).   If I have to cover it with dirt and leave it until I get some PHD's involved I will.     Involvement of academics in your own state or the state of the find will get you some insurance against confiscation.   The more the better at the early stages.    They know people and may have worked with the state on archaeological finds and digs.          The more people who know what they are looking at at early stages the less likely it will be confiscated and then its very existence denied.      Most academics will probably happily sit in the find until they are sure what they have.     The worst thing a finder can do is get the media involved early.    That almost assures confiscation.   Some agency will decide that they should have your find instead of you.   You just have to understand that to get any credit for your find you are going to have to share the find with some PHD who will be more than happy to take most of the credit.     Those who think they are going to make money from a find are likely to be disappointed.   

Edited by SWWASAS

I think or hope that most of us here realize how close we are genetically with apes. I can say for me personally, I have no means of guessing where BF land genetically in relation to us or apes.  Maybe it would be better to state that I believe them more animal than human.  I will leave their relation or spot on the tree open at this point. 

Guest Cryptic Megafauna
7 hours ago, Twist said:

I think or hope that most of us here realize how close we are genetically with apes. I can say for me personally, I have no means of guessing where BF land genetically in relation to us or apes.  Maybe it would be better to state that I believe them more animal than human.  I will leave their relation or spot on the tree open at this point. 

And I can say they are of the Homo lineage but an a stage where the limb proportions are ape like and the cranium Erectus like so Homo species.

Not really so Chimp like as removed by many millions of years.

It's not that complex if you contemplate it, but I have no problem if you disagree.

Just venturing my usual interjection.

You would, however, need to do many contortions of logic to get a different answer that that.

The reason being that Homo Habilis and Homo Erectus cover a vast amount of time and genetic variation, almost anything manlike and with the cranium you see would almost have to be early early Homo. Probably originated in Java somewhere and then to Georgia and then over the land bridge.  The brow ridge means that it is likely Homo Erectus, although a very early variant, as the brow ridge is an outstanding feature of Homo Erectus.

Don't let the hairiness throw you to "oh, more ape!" since only when the brain became much large did we evolve hairlessness to dissipate heat from out supercomputer.

What is interesting is not where Sasquatch departed our family tree but what does it mean to have evolved in parallel with us down to the present day.

What new genetics are expressed and what new adaptations and abilities?

The Chimps (of the recognized great ape) that we are closest to have still continued to evolve for over six to eight million years and so are not the exact species that existed back when are own (and Bigfoots) ancestors differentiated out.

Grist for the mill.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

I am kind a of wondering what kind of pathogens we might have brought them? Here we have a new species that has come into contact with us but has not realized that we carry pathogens that might kill them. Just like us meeting new discovered tribes in the amazon that we have to be cleared for by doctors so that we might not bring them a disease that they might not be cleared for.

Tribes have been lost because of illnesses that we have brought to them that their bodies was not ready for. So the same can go for them as well where they can bring illnesses that our bodies are not prepared for. I have never thought of this until now but have heard of this by other researchers who have spoken of this. Their immune systems is not the same as ours  as ours is not the same as theirs. We have no idea if they understand this  and if they do can this be the reason they keep their distance from us? If we have DNA from them then this should show where they stand as far as illnesses goes between us two species.

Yes , a body is needed but what precautions should be needed in retrieving this body. Even if we find a dead body how should we approach this dead body. In white suites wrapped with duct tape and a filtered gas masked so that we do not get contaminated. Will we need a wash room to wash down and burn our clothes after retrieving this body? Lets say that we do find this dead body will the hospitals isolate us from the rest of the world? The other thing too is are we to place this body in a container that is sealed so that no one else may be contaminated in the process of shipment? Protocols is needed in the removing and transport of this body.

2 hours ago, See-Te-Cah NC said:

Why would it be a problem to shoot an undocumented, unproven creature? Heck, we can't even get a clear video of the creature as of late.

Every previous claim that someone has shot the creature remains unfounded. Why is that? Maybe it's because the creature doesn't exist. Actually, it doesn't exist, scientifically speaking, anyway.

Put one on a slab and let the chips fall where they may. If not, all we have are unfounded claims of Bigfoot begging for garlic and other silliness, such as cloaking.

I do agree that caution should be used if/when one were to be taken. Who knows what pathogens they have that could cross contaminate humans.

Soooo many claims, so little actual providing of facts. Tough guys and telepaths of the bigfoot world, might be time to pony up.