If You Get A BF Body

FarArcher

1) The Tribe.

2) The Park Service

The Forest Service defers to the US Fish and Game or the State game agency.

Does anyone seriously believe that the Government would not try to confiscate a body?

If you accept that they exist, then you must accept the probability that the Government is aware of them.  And yet, the Government, with the exception of an Army Corps of Engineers publication in the early '70s, has never even acknowledged the possibility of their existence.

Why is this?  Even the most environmentally friendly administrations have not taken the opportunity to publicly claim the existence of bigfoot as justification for environmental agendas.  The general conclusion that I come to from this is that disclosure of the existence of bigfoot has more downside from the Government's perspective than upside.

• Upvote 4

I could not agree more. If  they exist , it is certainly more than a real possibility the government has been aware for quite some time. I had a relative in the know . He would not  confirm or deny in his waning years. I as a curious and interested young man asked him several questions about this subject  and others. Of course he gave the same programmed responses even as is time drew near.

The question remains that if the creature exists and the government knows about it then what are they actually doing with the knowledge? Better put, if Sasquatch is out there then the government DOES know about it and has known for a long, long time. Period.

Edited by hiflier

There seems to be a lot of belief among proponents that the government or some national security service will act with regards to confiscating the body of a new species or trying to cover up a potential new discovery, has this ever happened before with the discovery of a new species or even with discovery of an existing species but in a new habitat that may cause 'issues'?

Has this ever happened not with any other government or with the US government? Is there any evidence of a similar cover up to lend this theory more credence? 

Yes, from personal experience. 

We could talk about Roswell, Wright-Patterson, and Area 51, if we wanted to.

However, I have a better example.   

For many decades Oregon's DFW stated as fact that we did not have wolves in Oregon.   The nearest populations were supposed to be around Yellowstone with a few stragglers getting into eastern Idaho ... Bitterroot Mountains.   Oddly enough, during that time,  mid 1970s, Oregon's government trapper killed a pair of young wolves near Brookings, in the far SW corner of the state, some 425 miles of Oregon and more than 100 miles of Idaho, from the nearest acknowledged wolves.   It was stated, in the expert opinion of the wildlife officials, that neither of those wolves had ever lived in captivity, something clearly demonstrated by the condition of their teeth.     It was printed in the local papers in Gold Beach and Brookings at the time yet record of that event is not to be found.

I can think of other instances, including some personal, but I'm not sure any hypothetical statute of limitations which might hypothetically exist had some hypothetical critter met a hypothetical untimely demise might or might not have expired so ... "what happened in Vegas stays in Vegas."   If'n y' know what I mean.

So .. a clear "yes" answer to your question.

BFF Patron

Like MIB says Area 51 is a perfect example.     The place was known for decades but until recently the government denied the place existed,  until just a few years ago.     Satellite images have been available of the place for probably 20 years now.   But the government refused to admit the place existed.      They have their reasons.      So if they have their reasons for denial of BF, they are happy to continue with the same methodology.  

One example of government cover up related to BF is the Ape Canyon event.    The Ape Canyon event near Mt St Helens is even printed out in National Monument literature because there were so many questions about it.    But what is printed has been proven to be a fabrication,  saying that a youth group threw rocks at the miners     Research has shown that the youth group blamed had left the area,returning to Portland the morning the event happened.   The miners shot repeatedly at who was throwing rocks at the cabin.    Claiming to hit one and kill it.   No reports of wounded or killed human kids.   Even kids would not hang around all night throwing rocks if being shot at.          For decades the government even denied that the miners cabin had ever existed, but it was found a few years ago by some dedicated researchers.     The forensic evidence shows that at some point it had been burned to the ground.      With no evidence of forest fire in the area,   and the miners saying they had left it intact and never returned,   the only logical conclusion is that the Forest Service burned the place down to prevent it from being found.            

USFS burning the cabin would be consistent.   

There were miner's cabins scattered for 40 miles along the river where I grew up.   USFS burned them all to the ground in about a 2 year period.   Many would, today, be on the national registry of historic places.   All were blamed on "isolated lightning strikes" yet not an acre of forest land burned and none of the dwellings on private land burned, only those on mining claims burned.  Hmmm ... that lightning sure was coincidentally well aimed.

MIB

4 hours ago, Celtic Raider said:

There seems to be a lot of belief among proponents that the government or some national security service will act with regards to confiscating the body of a new species or trying to cover up a potential new discovery, has this ever happened before with the discovery of a new species or even with discovery of an existing species but in a new habitat that may cause 'issues'?

Has this ever happened not with any other government or with the US government? Is there any evidence of a similar cover up to lend this theory more credence? 

If I were a commander in Special Ops, I'd love to have some of these hairy trucks/scouts to accompany my teams in long range operations.

They would be invaluable at night, and during ingress - just one could probably carry 400 pounds in a harness - which would multiply my combat menu.  And during egress, if a man were wounded and needed to be carried out - you wouldn't tie up four men - your "hairy truck" could easily carry the load.

But most important - I wouldn't want my enemies to know of this "secret weapon."  And I'd do everything to conceal the fact that I may have some - even to the point of denying their very existence - whatever that takes.

2 hours ago, FarArcher said:

If I were a commander in Special Ops, I'd love to have some of these hairy trucks/scouts to accompany my teams in long range operations.

They would be invaluable at night, and during ingress - just one could probably carry 400 pounds in a harness - which would multiply my combat menu.  And during egress, if a man were wounded and needed to be carried out - you wouldn't tie up four men - your "hairy truck" could easily carry the load.

But most important - I wouldn't want my enemies to know of this "secret weapon."  And I'd do everything to conceal the fact that I may have some - even to the point of denying their very existence - whatever that takes.

The four hundred lbs he carried on his back would just be his chow and water......and when he runs out? He starts eating your patrol!

And when the bullets start flying he is a 800lbs bullet magnet. And when he gets shot it enrages him and he starts eviscerating everything in his close vicinity....namely you!

No thanks.....

• Upvote 1

No One should be actively intent on getting a body until they have a place to deliver it. How about a little research into just where that might be? Everyone talks about Dr. Meldrum but he cannot or should not be the only avenue. There must be others. Since there are teams either current of future that are or will be in pursuit then it makes sense to have knowledge of various institutions and facilities that would accept the body. The serious side of that though is convincing them ahead of time that the creature is real so a serious answer to whether or not they will accept a body is firmly needed.

We've discussed much concerning the entire thing being covert in nature so maybe it's time to iron that aspect out? What good is a body if one is sitting on the roadside frantically trying to get a "yes" from some medical college that has an anthropology department with an open minded professor? WHILE that roadside is somewhere in Kentucky. The thing with only having Dr. Meldrum is it makes it too easy for eyes to keep a watch on him. For that matter, in active areas, we don't know WHAT facilities are being watched.

The gradual education of a scientist and the garnering of his trust will be initially a tough and slow uphill climb UNLESS! Dr. Meldrum has a network already in place that we don't know about? I've been hanging around a lot these days building hard cover books in front of the computer and these kinds of thoughts just crop up now and then. I think this particular one is something that should probablybe discussed a bit. 

8 hours ago, MIB said:

However, I have a better example.   

For many decades Oregon's DFW stated as fact that we did not have wolves in Oregon.   The nearest populations were supposed to be around Yellowstone with a few stragglers getting into eastern Idaho ... Bitterroot Mountains.   Oddly enough, during that time,  mid 1970s, Oregon's government trapper killed a pair of young wolves near Brookings, in the far SW corner of the state, some 425 miles of Oregon and more than 100 miles of Idaho, from the nearest acknowledged wolves.   It was stated, in the expert opinion of the wildlife officials, that neither of those wolves had ever lived in captivity, something clearly demonstrated by the condition of their teeth.     It was printed in the local papers in Gold Beach and Brookings at the time yet record of that event is not to be found.

Anyone not believe the government, federal but especially states, wouldn't hide the presence of a predator like a wolf? So much documentation and regulation of the species in a "new" place. Adding in the factor of an undocumented species just complicates things if/when discovery is made.