If You Get A BF Body

FarArcher

23 hours ago, Celtic Raider said:

There seems to be a lot of belief among proponents that the government or some national security service will act with regards to confiscating the body of a new species or trying to cover up a potential new discovery, has this ever happened before with the discovery of a new species or even with discovery of an existing species but in a new habitat that may cause 'issues'?

Has anyone yet discovered a living,  possible "missing link",  between Homo Sapiens and the rest of the great Apes ?

Besides causing a huge philosophical debate (creation, religion, evolution etc), and considering how staggering of a discovery it would be, I'd say any of the other species or sub-species discoveries you could mention from the last several hundred years, would pale in comparison to this.

This discovery would be a game changer, and there is no way to estimate just how explosive of an impact it could make.

For that reason alone, there exits reason to believe that there are people, entities, and organizations (Govt or Private), that would want to suppress such a discovery. 

Same goes with possible ET / UFO activity...

Art     

• Upvote 1

Plenty of jurisdictions out there claiming they don't have cougars, in spite of the evidence.  And I'm talking the furry kind.

There are also a number of reports of bodies or injured bigfoot being policed up by the government.  Someone posted a list or chronology a while back.  I think it came from the Bigfoot Encounters website.

Edited by JDL

Hypothetical

I suppose it will go like this.

Myself and several hunting buddy's are out at night.

Tree a juvenile.Yes a couple of my dogs are not afraid.Put it to the ground this time.

Send buddy back to farm for ATV/tractor.Maybe 2 for safety.

Set up defensive position.Drop incoming BF'S if in need.

Place BF in farmer jones walk in cooler/freezer.Armed guards.

On the phone to highest bidder.

Retire to margaritaville.:D

I'ld be afraid I'ld shoot an unkempt man by mistake. If it was a bigfoot that I shot then I guess I'ld have to drag it in the house and make it look like a burglary/self defense on the off chance it turned out to be some type of human.

Edited by CallyCat
  • Upvote 1

But a human isn't going to be upwards to 12ft or taller. If I just saw one just around 8ft tall, that would absolutely tell me it wasn't a human. Not that I'm out to shoot one, but just saying.

23 hours ago, Art1972 said:

Has anyone yet discovered a living,  possible "missing link",  between Homo Sapiens and the rest of the great Apes ?

Besides causing a huge philosophical debate (creation, religion, evolution etc), and considering how staggering of a discovery it would be, I'd say any of the other species or sub-species discoveries you could mention from the last several hundred years, would pale in comparison to this.

This discovery would be a game changer, and there is no way to estimate just how explosive of an impact it could make.

For that reason alone, there exits reason to believe that there are people, entities, and organizations (Govt or Private), that would want to suppress such a discovery. 

Same goes with possible ET / UFO activity...

Art     

Interesting slant Art. I think there is no such thing as a single 'missing link' but we have and are continuing to discover ancestors both before and after divergence with the great apes so most of these could be labelled 'missing link' but when we start doing that other gaps in the tree emerge either side of the new link............... also, of course none have been discovered to be extant.

With regard to creation, religion and evolution, there simply is no realistic debate though obviously with the very religious nature of a lot of the US and especially those in positions of power within the political system they may have the motive to obfuscate a discovery but would they really have enough sway to hide a discovery like this? Is there any evidence of them doing this for any other discoveries along our family tree - I can't recall any - though I suppose a huge bipedal ape would be much more obvious and sensational than a small, innocuous relative from an obscure island in Indonesia for example. 

Human-familytree.jpg

Edited by Celtic Raider

On 1/30/2017 at 2:25 PM, FarArcher said:

But you better have a plan - a good one - once you get a body.  Because there's a lot of players going to be wanting to get their hands on it.  And some can be absolutely ruthless.

Agreed, but that plan needs to encompass a myriad of possibilities for dealing with the unexpected. After all, you're not dealing with just one entity. It's possible you could have to contend with "players" that would render the concerns about government statutes and hunting laws as insignificant after a body is taken. You must consider that it's possible the creatures are intelligent enough to defend themselves and retaliate if a troop member is taken. That's not fact, you understand. It's a possibility, even if it's not a probability. Since we have no way to know without definitive evidence or concrete proof it's prudent to, as you say, have a plan.

You'd need to be able to defend yourself and the specimen for as long as is necessary. Ape Canyon, if true, is an indication of this possibility.

It would be a shame to plan for anything else if you can't get the specimen out without dying. 

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
  • Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:18 AM, TritonTr196 said:

But a human isn't going to be upwards to 12ft or taller.

And to this date in any history anywhere, there's just no rational basis to believe a BF either. It makes great internet fodder and campfire talk, but perpetuating myth as truth only muddies the waters for the truly believable encounters. It's like that thread on here somewhere where the 'idea' is presented that BF's all weigh 800 lbs and 'yada yada yada' when there's absolutely no rational basis to know how much or even if they could begin to weigh that much. Speculation in bigfooting is so rampant to the degree it's diminished the credibility of a lot of what is put out there that could be real data and information.

Edited by GuyInIndiana
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GuyInIndiana said:

And to this date in any history anywhere, there's just no rational basis to believe a BF either. It makes great internet fodder and campfire talk, but perpetuating myth as truth only muddies the waters for the truly believable encounters. It's like that thread on here somewhere where the 'idea' is presented that BF's all weigh 800 lbs and 'yada yada yada' when there's absolutely no rational basis to know how much or even if they could begin to weigh that much. Speculation in bigfooting is so rampant to the degree it's diminished the credibility of a lot of what is put out there that could be real data and information.

I would suggest reading more reports. All people aren't wrong in their estimations of size. Some are, some aren't. Like I've stated on here and many other places, you can't just pick the stories you want, and discard the rest. I mean, just how much do you think even a 9ft tall 4ft wide huge primate would weigh? That's right, it's going to weigh quite a lot, not near as much as a 12ft tall Bigfoot, but quite a lot... Just as any other animal, some weigh more and some weigh less even though they are the same species. You're talking to the wrong person when you mention fodder and campfire talk. Although the camp fire stories is excellent on our camp outs, but what else are you going to do around a camp fire..

1 hour ago, TritonTr196 said:

I would suggest reading more reports.

Having read reports for the last 13+ years that I've been involved in bigfooting, and having interviewed a lot of people about what they've claimed to have seen, I'm very familiar with what's reported out there and witness reliability. A claim is just that. Not proof. When there's a 12' body on a slab, I'll believe it.

Hi everyone, looks like a good place to put the attached file. It's from John Green's Database and it is arranged in order of reported Sasquatch height. I know of no one that was able get a Sasquatch to hold still while they pulled out their trusty tape measure though ;) Be that as it may there are various ways to get approximate heights after an encounter. A word of caution.....there are 1,780 reports LOL, so have at it! Of that number, 33 reports are in the 11-14 foot range.The creature heights are in numerical order starting from shortest to tallest. There was other height data that simply said "Large" which I did NOT include in the file. There are two reports for under 3 feet that I also did not include. The file will open in an Excel type program. Just unzip the folder and extract the file. Sorry, no pretty maps:

John Green Database- Sasquatch by Height.ods

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GuyInIndiana said:

"IF" we are to believe witness reports that there are 8 ft tall Ape men walking around? What we DO know as FACT about great Apes and other mammals, which include Humans can be projected onto a proposed species such as Sasquatch. How heavy would a Gorilla be if it was 8 ft tall? How much would it eat? How much does a 8 ft tall North American Grizzly bear eat who is omnivorous? What do they eat? When? Where?

The only way we are coming up with REAL data is when we split a Sasquatch stomach open and look at its contents! Otherwise all we have is how to speculate on how to intercept one. Real data? What a joke! How do we prove a Sasquatch cracked a bone open  and scooped out the marrow? Or ate skunk cabbage? Vs. a Moose or a Bear or a Human!? We cannot.

If you have REAL data that is getting lost in the muddy water? I'm all ears!

IMG_0497.JPG

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:55 PM, TritonTr196 said:

Animals are different, not all the same. If I'm hunting deer for food, I don't care if he is looking at me or not. Like I said, I'm not out to kill a Bigfoot unless attacked. So yes, to me it matters if a Bigfoot was looking or not. I don't humanize them at all and to do so is only an opinion with no facts to back it up. I'm not going to kill one just to prove anything. I know places they live here in the south and we get interaction with them quite often and that's the way we like it. If we killed one, then we wouldn't have the outside adventures we love so much to occupy our love of not only being outdoors, but watching Bigfoot and knowing that we are very lucky people to know where we can find them. Good thing about living in the south, ours doesn't migrate, they are always here. 

As far as the tribes/groups, those little bows and arrows probably didn't do much at all. Before settlers came over, the tribes had no clue what iron was to make arrow tips. And for several thousand years before european settlers came over during the woodland and madison periods, the tribes/groups used arrows tipped with very, very small chert tips. If it's bigger than an inch, it wasn't an actual arrowhead used on an arrow. People just assume that two inch long chert knife they found was an arrowhead. Try putting one on an arrow and see how far you shoot it with that big ol' chert rock on the end. Before the woodland and madison periods, tribes didn't not know what a bow and arrow was. For thousands of years the tribes/groups had lost the way of spear making which didn't come back into play until the historic period. The real settlers/natives of North America were the paleo peoples who didn't know what a bow and arrow was. You might have had 20,000 years or more before a bow and arrow was invented during the time of the first paleo people in North America who came over in waves. They only had spears tipped with the most advanced lithic technology of culture. That technology was lost after the paleo people disappeared. The paleo people would have dispatched a Bigfoot in a hurry with small four foot spears thrown with crazy force and accuracy with the aide of an atlatl tipped with six inch long fluted razor thin chert spear tips, as they were the real monster fighters, they helped make the mammoth and mastodon and other large animals extinct in North and South America. I seriously doubt any historic tribes going all the way back to the archaic period, killed much of any Bigfoot. It was more like in the King Kong movie, they probably offered up a young female sacrifice to appease the gods so wrath wasn't brought down upon them.. They had no way of defending themselves.

I am pretty sure that some Native Americans back then during hunting  seeing these creature had a lot of respect. I am sure there were few who have shot at them with their bows and might have even killed some in defense. With animals I try not look at them either since I feel like when I stare at them they can feel me. You know like sense me even though I am camode out where it can not see me. You can be scent free and still animals will still some how sense you hunting them. Still it is cool to sit in a stand and have different birds or even tree dwelling animals come close to you until you twitch.

I am mostly interested in Native Americans then a history of the ancestors of North America. But thank you. :(