Do you see something weird in this pic

NCBFr

4 hours ago, FarArcher said:

I cropped it a bit, blew it up and ran it through a dozen filters - the brown is really obvious, and appears something may be almost crawling on their knees, and the face, eyes, and nose are just above what would be a shoulder and arm extending to the ground?

FarArcher, would you mind uploading those cropped and filtered pics for us to look at? I'd be really curious to see them (and I'm sure others would be, too). 

That object doesn't appear in the previous days picture . I don't know what it is. The thing at the fallen tree looks like another tree leaning over it. 

Could you get a picture with a regular camera at the same time of day?

BFF Patron
19 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

I want the power to cloud women's minds.

You got some places in mind you want to go when you are invisible?    :ph34r:     Of course that very attribute of clouding minds has been attributed to BF.     I just cannot figure out the physiological method that might be in use.     Infrasound may distort vision but does not blind you.    Shock and momentary loss of consciousness?      Tigers and lions seem to have some sort of shock effect ability to stun their prey.    Then there is that one recording I have that I do not remember hearing anything.    Still scratching my head on that one.  

Edited by SWWASAS

My first, gut reaction is that I see a picture that is somehow out of focus. Having worked with both film and digital game cams, I don't understand why it's not in focus.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:58 AM, Twist said:

BIgfoot has a natural ability to blur a camera when it chooses to.  

And 'how' does he/she do that?

Well, my first gut reaction is that the root bundle of the fallen tree has some naturally lighter rocks/soil in the middle.  That may account for the image of the "face."  I see the jumble in the upper right in both photos, so I would interpret it as a mash-up of vines, branches, or an old nest.  

I would appreciate, if possible, a few updated photos of non-game type, if it is reasonably easy to obtain them. 

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, GuyInIndiana said:

My first, gut reaction is that I see a picture that is somehow out of focus. Having worked with both film and digital game cams, I don't understand why it's not in focus.

And 'how' does he/she do that?

With most amateur pictures being taken with cell phone cameras the blurry picture thing is as bad as it has been since the days of flashpowder and flash bulbs.      Those tiny little cell phone lenses have very little light gathering power so to compensate the cell phone camera has to do relatively long exposures.    Introduce a little movement or hand shake and you have a blurry picture.     Just holding them and not putting a finger in front of the lens is a challenge for a lot of people. You see all sorts of dainty holding techniques with extended fingers.     A dedicated camera is normally held firmly,   with both hands.     

As I was writing this I was thinking of possible mechanisms a BF might use to blur a digital game camera.       What if just seeing a game camera ticks off a BF and causes it to start producing infra-sound.    If they know a camera is a human way to see things,  they might know from experimenting on each other that infra-sound introduces visual distortions.     Perhaps it does that even in their own head.    They cannot be immune from the physiological effects of infra-sound since they are the closest creature to the origin of the sound.      Visual distortions and blurred vision was even reported during university lab testing of infra-sound on humans.     Even if they do not know that nature of a camera it might just tick them off.   If someone put one in my backyard I would react the same way.    The nature of the infra-sound produced from my own research is an arriving series of strong pressure waves through the air.     A game camera mounted on a tree, would be subject to some harmonic vibration from strong amplitude pressure waves.      I bet if you stood in front of a game camera and fired a machine gun, the pressure waves from each muzzle blast would make the camera dance around and cause blurred images.    They are normally bungie corded to the tree.     Anyone have a machine gun so we can test my theory?       

There is nothing in that picture that would indicate to me a living creature is in the frame.

It looks like a typical Eastern deciduous forest scene if you ask me.

• Upvote 1

to me it looks like there is something in the picture.  nothing Bf related. but it kinda looks like the a canine animal (leg(s) and tail as it is running through the frame).  In the first picture you can see the brownish coloration that is not in the 2nd photo.  I get the time is slightly different and the shadows would be different, but this appears brown/tan/grey not dark like a shadow would probably be and it appears in front of the trees behind it.

Can I add one to the discussion?    See anything odd in this picture?  (Look back by the log lying across the river.)

DSCF0686.JPG

Edited by MIB

A few things of note on the two pics I posted:

1.  The cam is a Wildman Lightsout camera that I paid $99 for 2 years ago.  Not a bad camera as it can shoot HD video.  I think the issue is I had it set for medium or low pic quality to save space.

2.  One reason for the bad resolution is the camera is about 100 feet from the object.  It looks closer because of the crop.  Below are 2 pics from my Samsung S6.  One roughly the location of the camera and one close to the object.  There are a few trees where I put the camera and I am not exactly sure which one I used.

3.  There is a den clearly visible under the mound with the entrance pointing towards the camera.

Thank you for your interest.

now close.jpg

now_far.jpg

Edited by NCBFr

Hi MIB. can you give a bit of history on the image? Or the straight to-the-point question: Do YOU know what it is? Is it a stump left from the tree that is now across the stream? Of course the same inquiries about before and after shots are a given as well as have you been back to take any comparison shots? If so, and you think you may be back there again at some point could you position the camera with yourself in the image (wet feet?) for a size comparison? It's a pretty cool pic to get the imagination going ;) so a little more info on the situation would be great.

@NCBFr: The den in the photo does suggest fox?

Edited by hiflier