Do you see something weird in this pic

NCBFr

Here's a picture of a blacktail in my front woods yesterday morning. I used my cellphone just for the heck of it. Which is not my go to camera when out in the woods. The deer looks quite a ways away but it was less than 35 steps from me (100') and easily visible. There were 6 others with it but you couldn't tell by that picture. I even zoomed in, which really wasn't an improvement since it was digital and not optical.

I guess the point here is that if you can return to the spot it isn't that hard to investigate the area instead of the guessing games we seem to like to go through. I realize a game cam is a totally different story. But if we are there taking pictures and get something questionable it isn't that hard to return to areas we frequent and do a little investigation. Take a snapshot with you so you know just where to look. If you must video don't pan the camera. If you want a different angle move and hold it steady again. Nowadays 4K is great but not if we are constantly moving. Stills are better from an investigation standpoint. 

IMG_20170214_100152023.jpg

IMG_20170214_100126629.jpg

• Upvote 2