Poll: Do You Think BF has a Viable Population?

gigantor

Poll: Do You Think BF has a Viable Population?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On the subject of the bones. I am of the opinion that we may have already found many examples that may be Sasquatch found all across the US. When discovered they were called giant humans. There were many newspaper reports about them up to the mid 1940's. After the mid 40's you hear nothing about them in the mainstream. You cannot find these bones now at the museums that the newspapers reported them being sent to. If they are Sasquatch they may have changed the way they bury thier dead so that we would not dig them up.

18 Giant Skeletons Unearthed in Lake Delavan, WI

In May of 1912, an archeological dig overseen by Beloit College of more than two hundred effigy burial mounds near Lake Delavan on Lake Lawn farm unearthed eighteen bizarre skeletal remains of what appeared to be a lost race of giants.

Giant skeletons discovered in Lake Delavan, WIAs originally reported in the May 4th, 1912 edition of the New York Times, the skulls of these seven to nine-foot skeletons were elongated, with protruding nasal bones and long, pointed jaw bones.

This was not the first discovery of giant skeletons buried in Wisconsin.

Two Giant Skeletons Near Potosi, WI

The January 13th, 1870 edition of the Wisconsin Decatur Republican reported that two giant, well-preserved skeletons of an unknown race were discovered near Potosi, WI by workers digging the foundation of a saw mill near the bank of the Mississippi river. One skeleton measured seven-and-a-half feet, the other eight feet. The skulls of each had prominent cheek bones and double rows of teeth. A large collection of arrowheads and “strange toys” were found buried with the remains.

Giant Skeleton Discovered in Maple Creek, WI

Giant skeletons found in Maple Creek, WIOn December 20th, 1897 the New York Times reported that three large burial mounds had been discovered near Maple Creek, WI. Upon excavation, a skeleton measuring over nine feet from head to toe was discovered with finely tempered copper rods and other relics.

Giant Skeleton in West Bend, WI

A giant skeleton was unearthed outside of West Bend near Lizard Mound County Park and assembled by local farmers to a height of eight feet. More about this can be found in Washington County Paranormal: A Wisconsin Legend Trip by local author and investigator J. Nathan Couch.

While a normal-sized skeleton of a supposed mound builder (the “Princess of Aztalan”) is on display at the site of several large pyramidal monuments near Madison called Aztalan State Park, the goliath remains of Wisconsin’s giants have vanished along with the hundreds of others discovered throughout the midwest.

Many have accused the Smithsonian Institution of covering up these discoveries, locking the giant skeletons away and depriving the public of their findings.

DewhurstR1-giant-skull-large.jpg

giant-skeletons-lake-delevan-wisconsin.jpg

Edited by David NC
  • Upvote 2

To me there are problems with the ancient giant - sasquatch connection.

First of all, these skeletons albeit large look modern human. And more importantly they are found in large mounds and include burial rituals. That include artifacts such as stone arrowheads and copper rods.

Whatever society these giants belonged to? Was as advanced as many ancient civilizations were.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, norseman said:

Whatever society these giants belonged to? Was as advanced as many ancient civilizations were.

Agreed Norse, and it seems obvious they were Native Americans. NA's of the contiguous USA/Canada area of the North American continent were known for being tall, just compare them with NA's of Central and South America, who tend to be on the short side. There was a Comanche Chief known as "The Man Mountain" due to his size and George Catlin noted meeting up with a Pawnee warrior close to 8 foot tall. 

The tallest human on record was 8' 11" so it would be well within reason that there were quite a few NA's over time that approached that height. They would be revered and most likely buried with great ceremony. 

1 hour ago, norseman said:

But again... conscious avoidance only works while they are alive.

But we still don't know what they do when they die. Everyone that has read my posts here knows I have found lots of bones in the woods. (In the dozens of animals.) But the only apex predator skeleton I have found was a cougar that someone had shot and left in an old campsite. I figured I would find some bears in the fires in eastern Washington but deer, cows and rabbits were all I found. I guess the bears were smarter or luckier, but their tracks were all over the canyon where my property is. I didn't stay in the area that time...  evidence of too many hungry bears. ;)

In case there are those that think I find  bigfoot everywhere I go. I have never seen any evidence of them in southern Okanogan County. To the best of my knowledge there are no sightings in the area either. Miles to the north yes and west toward Lake Chelan there have been sightings. But nothing in this forested, spring fed area. 

There's no doubt in my mind that the giant Indians and bigfoot are different species.  The Mark Twain Museum in Virginia City, Nevada had three partially mummified Si-Te-Cah skeletons in display in the '60s and '70s.  Distinctly different.  

That said, suppose your local law enforcement agency gets notified of a partially exposed skeleton of a very large man in the woods.  How are they going to treat it?  Most likely a bigfoot skeleton will be treated as an unusually large John Doe.

I recall one such report in the paper a couple of decades ago.  The article specifically mentioned certain deformities that the coroner wrote off as gigantism.  The presumed unfortunate hunter had no belongings to facilitate identification and there were no missing person reports of someone of that stature in the region.

Good point to bring up JDL. I've often wondered about the LE aspect of finding a human shaped body even if it is big. I think it's been discussed here before. Since bigfoot isn't recognized why would they even assume that's what it was. 

3 hours ago, JDL said:

There's no doubt in my mind that the giant Indians and bigfoot are different species.  The Mark Twain Museum in Virginia City, Nevada had three partially mummified Si-Te-Cah skeletons in display in the '60s and '70s.  Distinctly different.  

That said, suppose your local law enforcement agency gets notified of a partially exposed skeleton of a very large man in the woods.  How are they going to treat it?  Most likely a bigfoot skeleton will be treated as an unusually large John Doe.

I recall one such report in the paper a couple of decades ago.  The article specifically mentioned certain deformities that the coroner wrote off as gigantism.  The presumed unfortunate hunter had no belongings to facilitate identification and there were no missing person reports of someone of that stature in the region.

I find it doubtful that a coroner would not be able to differentiate between a homo sapien and another species.

Cro Magnon and Neanderthal bones go in different bone boxes all the time.

I think it would resemble the Kennewick man find. People call Cops, Cops call coroner, coroner calls university, tribe gets involved.

• Upvote 1

Same thing. Once the corpse is ruled out as homo sapien, that coroner is calling a university. Or possibly a state biologist.

Which would be a good thing. So evidently it hasn't happened or it's been covered up. If the coroner was on the ball he'd have a full DNA test run on the individual. 

Barring evidence of a cover up? I must assume it hasn't happened yet. Which leads me to the conclusion I hold. Not many out there.

Just playing devils advocate here... But I wonder what percentage of the 30,000 black bears or 2000 cougars in Washington get found dead in the wild? Or where you could even get that information. It would give us some idea what to expect with a subject of similar or less population. 

Bears and cougars do get hit on our highways and it's WSDOT job to collect and dispose of them. Usually at WSDOT sand pit sites is where the bodies were disposed of. Not sure now.

Aside from roadkill, because even if a bigfoot was reported hit by a car, to the best of my knowledge none of those occurrences resulted in a body. I just happen to think they are smarter than your average bear. ;) I'm simply trying to get a grasp on found dead animals in the wild for comparisons. If we can't do that then we don't really have much ground to stand on regarding bigfoot bodies. 

• gigantor unpinned this topic