Ivan Marx Syndrome

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

On 2/27/2017 at 8:46 PM, norseman said:

IMG_0525.JPG

Here is the Ivan Marx movie in question...

I gotta say, Norse.

Those are some mighty fine looking animals.  Mighty fine.

@FarArcher

Those are not my mules. Although I do have three that color, but one has white socks. 

I tried to find my pictures of having an elk tied on hide to hide basket hitched. But I wreck phones so often I don't know what happened to it.

@Yuchi1

Why is my mule trying to kill me? You know some barnyard scuttle butt I don't? That's it....I'm cutting grain rations until moral improves!

Cousin in Alabama has mules, his latest one was doing that while tied to a tree during a recent hunt and one of his hunting buddies made the grave digging comment. I understand they hold grudges and never forget about rendering payback!

Edited by Yuchi1
typo

To those new to this field of interest, you really need to know the players, past and present, to have a good understanding of the subject.  Ivan Marx is one of those "must knows" in the field.  I encourage everyone to read as much as they possibly can about Sasquatch, and those who chase them, for a complete knowledge of the subject.  Most of us already have, but those new to all of this have a lot of info to catch up on.  It is a very steep hill to climb to catch up.  Maybe we should start a section on books, with a review, about the big guy to help those that want more reading material.  I know we have a  "Film/Video/Photos/Audio" section and a "Media" section, but perhaps a book section would be a good addition.  Just a thought to help the newcomers, besides, I wouldn't mind a listing to see if there is anything I may have missed along the way that I would be interested in.

Good points to make for those new to the subject and even for some who are not. And the who's who part is important as there certainly are liars and storytellers out there.

Speaking of books, did you...ahem....miss mine? The Sasquatch Hunter's Field Manual Fairly short eBook at only 88 printed pages but it has a lot of good solid field info and tips in it. Fair to say it's a pretty serious read for a newbie though.

4 hours ago, Yuchi1 said:

Cousin in Alabama has mules, his latest one was doing that while tied to a tree during a recent hunt and one of his hunting buddies made the grave digging comment. I understand they hold grudges and never forget about rendering payback!

Your right. Horses react. Mules calculate.

Guest Seatco
6 hours ago, Old Dog said:

To those new to this field of interest, you really need to know the players, past and present, to have a good understanding of the subject.  Ivan Marx is one of those "must knows" in the field.  I encourage everyone to read as much as they possibly can about Sasquatch, and those who chase them, for a complete knowledge of the subject.  Most of us already have, but those new to all of this have a lot of info to catch up on.  It is a very steep hill to climb to catch up.  Maybe we should start a section on books, with a review, about the big guy to help those that want more reading material.  I know we have a  "Film/Video/Photos/Audio" section and a "Media" section, but perhaps a book section would be a good addition.  Just a thought to help the newcomers, besides, I wouldn't mind a listing to see if there is anything I may have missed along the way that I would be interested in.

Excellent idea.Being a noob myself.Spent(wasted) considerable time finding credible sources.

Favorite by far is John Green. 

Local gentlemen. Tim Stover "tcsjrbigfoot"

Youtube: Kryder Exploration.

Favorite book: Missing 411 Hunters.

I've read everything I can lay hands on including borrowing some stuff long out of print.

I'd suggest 4 books

• Abominable Snowmen - Legend Comes to Life by Ivan Sanderson
  • Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science by Jeff Meldrum - get the book and the DVD.  
  • The Locals by Thom Powell
  • Enoch by Autumn Williams

These, while not exhaustive, provide a consistent context for what I've been running into out there, consistent with what witnesses are reporting, but lack presentation of the overarching theme that brings them all together.   That book remains unwritten so for now, you'll have to put the pieces together for yourself.    That may or may not be ok for you, some people like to be spoon fed, others, like me, like a little sweat-equity in our "ah-hah" moments.  

Many other books regurgitate long lists of accounts, some famous, some obscure, but none of those, individually, give you WHY, they just give you HOW OFTEN. 

There is another aspect which you have to be somewhat conversant in to understand the complete picture.   That's what we refer to as "the woo".    There is not a single best book for getting a cross-section.   Many people like Jack "Keuwaunee" Lapseritis' writings.  I do not.  I think he is a fraud and worse.   Instead, I recommend Teluke A Bigfoot Account by White Song Eagle and Valley of the Skookum by Sali Shepard-Wolford.   Some aspects are addressed by Thom Powell in his book I list above.    Frankly, I don't have answers, but the questions raised appear to be real, and, because they repeat apparently independently, are just as worthy of careful scientific study (which does not include scoffing or dismissal) as the topic of bigfoot itself.

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 1

Ivan Marx took footage of real Bigfoot people. Lindi Smith points some out in a new video. Nobody has a better eye than Lindi Smith.

6 hours ago, LeafTalker said:

Ivan Marx took footage of real Bigfoot people in suits. Lindi Smith points some out in a new video. Nobody has a better eye than Lindi Smith.

Fixed it for you. :)