Do You Have a BF "Honey Hole?"

FarArcher

In regards to my experience with BF I wish I would have gotten a positive visual ID on the animal.  I hate the fact that to this day it's been my only experience with one and I didn't lay eyes on it.

4 hours ago, MIB said:

^^^ hee!!   There are some OTHER people who wish I'd never seen one.   Creates a bigger problem for them than it does for me.

You're right, what has been seen cannot be unseen.   However, sometimes what has been seen, if seen again enough times, stops having quite such a charge attached to it.   Perhaps rather than avoidance and rather than going head-hunting ala Norseman, just going to find, observe, and maybe polish some of the jagged edge off would help?  

I noticed something ... think you'd understand.    The first deer I shot was the hardest thing I ever did.   The second was 10 times harder.   The third ... I couldn't remember what had been so hard, it was gone.   An acquaintance said the same thing about war .. he was in Vietnam.   He said the first person he killed was the hardest thing he ever did.   Second was many times harder.   After the third ... he shrugged and finished his lunch.   In both cases, a couple repeats of an initially horrifying thing had taken the edge off.   It's amazing what humans can get used to.    Maybe it would be applicable ... the next bigfoot meeting might be harder than the first one, but i think the edge would go off after that in a hurry.

Don't know, just a thought.  

MIB

You rang??? ;)

IMG_0537.JPG

Is that Crowley doing his crazy stuff? Norseman ! While all doped up on peyote.:D

crowley.jpg

4 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Is that Crowley doing his crazy stuff? Norseman ! While all doped up on peyote.:D

crowley.jpg

Count me in.

My bad ! But still That show was a crazy show though at the time. Kind a wished you had a sighting though. I still go back to when I was sitting in my stand and they were knocking from different directions. Then this small red one waving it's arms at me in front of me. I was not sure if I should have stayed put or leave. My instincts told me to flea so I split out of there. but looking back I should have stayed and learned some thing. But then what if I was din din.:huh: Then what !

But on the other side of the coin of not being eaten I could have learned how they ambushed first hand. That would have been cool.B) I mean same bait pile and on my ground blind and what if that small little red creature was waving it's arms for me to stay. Crap, they might read my mind but I sure as heck cannot read theirs yet. Keyword ( YET ) So their form of communication must be hand jesters with us at times. I had my bow but what good would that have been. I had one to the south, one to the east and another one to the west of my position. The little was just northwest of me and around 50 yards . He was in the area where I had to walk back to the trail from my ground blind . The other one I also had no where about.

FarArcher

I do not call this a honey hole.  If they are there and stick around then they are enjoying your company. Strange thing for me to say, Right !  But at the subject: BigFoot then this topic honey hole of bigfoots. But hey we seen some thing. Some thing other people have been searching for a life time and might never see one. All I can say is they found me after I searched them. There is no creature on earth that does this. I am satisfied with what I have experienced and with what I saw and have no problem with it. In a strange way it is kind of peace full when they are around . Better shut the heck up ;)  

If there was a Honey hole it would probably be best to never admit it , at least on a public forum.

Sorta like if you tell your buddy about a hot fishing spot , then he tells his friends and so on, pretty soon you won't be catching much there anymore and you'll wish it was still your secret.

Just my 2 ¢

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Waggles

I thought I heard rock-ape talking about him wanting to BE a Bigfoot honey- hole, or was that Bo-Bo on fb? 

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:21 PM, norseman said:

Define varying degrees?

I think part of my problem is I have a pretty tough list of criteria when it comes to evidence for myself. Things like tree breaks, knocks, howls, scavanged bones, while interesting is not really solid evidence of anything. Solid evidence for me is either a trackway or a sighting. 

All evidence has it's question marks, it all boils down to what you are willing to act on and spend your time with. Apes/ humans/ primates are vocal creatures, and it isn't unheard of to find new populations of them through careful surveillance and data collection. This article says tracking might have been the origin of science.......  http://www.cybertracker.org/tracking/the-art-of-tracking ......but you know as well as anyone else, it's not entirely solid sign that gets interpreted and followed up on.

I think with the right level of knowledge and experience scavenged bones can be a good source for research. I will admit that flat wide incisor marks could be porcupine from what I read here from BigTreeWalker but even that can be ruled out by how bones have been manipulated or piled. It actually quite an interesting field of study. It make me wonder what kind of follow up if any that the anthropologists that attended BigTreeWalker's presentation are doing. 

On 3/21/2017 at 6:23 AM, southernyahoo said:

All evidence has it's question marks, it all boils down to what you are willing to act on and spend your time with. Apes/ humans/ primates are vocal creatures, and it isn't unheard of to find new populations of them through careful surveillance and data collection. This article says tracking might have been the origin of science.......  http://www.cybertracker.org/tracking/the-art-of-tracking ......but you know as well as anyone else, it's not entirely solid sign that gets interpreted and followed up on.

But a lot of evidence is way more superficial than good hard evidence. And if we are talking about honey holes in which a Sasquatch(s) can be found there often? Where is the hard evidence? The area should be inundated with scat and tracks and possible hair.

I have not been impressed with most Sasquatch sounds. Too me they are made by a known animal, with Coyotes being at the top of the list. And I must be right because the "data collection" evidence is not overwhelming.

I reject a Sasquatch "honey hole" notion. You can read my caloric intake thread to see why I think that way. A big omnivore such as a Grizzly bear needs huge ranges to make a living off the land. And primates typically are more social and live in groups unlike a Bear. Which would stress habitat even more.

BFF Patron

You are right about most being purported BF recordings being  coyotes.    As far as sounds the best ones I have heard I did not have a recorder running.         I suppose that happens to most other people too.     The "Ohio" howl could not be produced by a coyote.         I have heard it twice now and both times it was near 2 AM in the early morning hours.         Once it was in SW WA and the second time on the Oregon Coast.       I do not recall hearing a recording of the back and forth whoops BFdo with each other.       I missed my chance to get that because my brand new recorder was buried in my pack.     Then again, had I gotten any of those vocalizations recorded, we would just say it does not sound like any known animal.     We will get that until science recognizes BF and accepts vocalizations as being produced by it.  

35 minutes ago, norseman said:

But a lot of evidence is way more superficial than good hard evidence. And if we are talking about honey holes in which a Sasquatch(s) can be found there often? Where is the hard evidence? The area should be inundated with scat and tracks and possible hair.

I have not been impressed with most Sasquatch sounds. Too me they are made by a known animal, with Coyotes being at the top of the list. And I must be right because the "data collection" evidence is not overwhelming.

I reject a Sasquatch "honey hole" notion. You can read my caloric intake thread to see why I think that way. A big omnivore such as a Grizzly bear needs huge ranges to make a living off the land. And primates typically are more social and live in groups unlike a Bear. Which would stress habitat even more.

Yeah well the habitat has to be sufficient somewhere right?  All squatch has to do is run the bear off, but down here there's only small localized populations of black bear. I've not even came across a single track of one in the areas I frequent, but they use to be much more prevalent. You don't have to be impressed with anyone's evidence but your own, and if you can't find definitive tracks in the right places, I guess you can't even get your hunting / research started, because you have a huge range to tackle and you have to be standing where a squatch once stood.......... like in the past day or two. Good luck !!!!

I come across Black bear and Grizzly bear tracks constantly. With Blacks being the most prevalent. Plus scat and hair. Not a problem. Even just off my back porch on the ranch. 

And no...I don't need to find a two day old Sasquatch track to be successful. I need to find the tracks he is standing in to be successful! :)

Habitat....for a troupe of 800 lbs ape men could be sufficient if they traveled from food source to food source and never stayed in one place for too long. They have to spread out and minimize their impact on the land.