Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cryptic Megafauna

Interesting new archaic human discovery

6 posts in this topic

News from the BBC

"From genetic data, the Denisovans are believed to have split from the Neanderthal lineage about 400,000 years ago - about the time of the Sima de los Huesos early Neanderthals known from Atapuerca in Spain. So one might expect some level of Neanderthal features in their morphology, added to by evidence of some later interbreeding with the Neanderthals.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39118752

Might have split off 400,000 years ago, but the common ancestor may have been in India or Uzbekistan, with Neanderthal migrating to northern Europe and Denisovans heading north and east.  

Posted (edited)

On 3/5/2017 at 4:33 PM, FarArcher said:

Might have split off 400,000 years ago, but the common ancestor may have been in India or Uzbekistan, with Neanderthal migrating to northern Europe and Denisovans heading north and east.  

Moved into my backyard is the thing...

The story here is that it is a hybrid or a new subtype, Neanderthal and Sapiens.

Most usb species are misclassified and really there is only us for the last 500,000 years and maybe something like a Australopith-Habilis boundary and subsequently an Erectus-Sapiens boundary but just really archaic as opposed to very early archaic.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

In 1996, a Swiss photographer named Karl Amman visited the Congo, and found a skull similar to a chimpanzee, but had a prominent, bony crest like a gorilla.  Suggesting a hybrid.  Since then, reports of a large, lion killing chimp has been investigated somewhat, and a large chimp subspecies has been found, called the Bili or Bono ape.  But they don't have the prominent bony crest like found on the skull Amman found.

Michael Crichton wrote about them in his 1980 thriller called Congo.

We keep finding things.

All I know is I have an archaic tooth and it is hurting like hell right now.    

Posted (edited)

Speaking of which, sorry about the tooth BTW

Is This 400,000-Year-Old Hominin the Great Grandpa of Neanderthals?

http://www.livescience.com/58256-hominin-skull-is-likely-neanderthal-relative.html

And if you have followed my past yarning about meeting a Neanderthal, this skull type is what I was seeing.

Also supports my stated thesis that the lineage came from Spain or Portugal.

Gather the wool while you may the sweet busting young buds of May

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0