Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BC witness

Chimp funeral?

4 posts in this topic

“We simply do not know if and how much chimps understand about death,” he says.  “In other words, it is unclear whether this is ‘corpse cleaning’, or simply ‘social cleaning’. 

It may just be a grooming exercise, but then again, it could be some sort of ceremony.  My guess is that Sasquatch would be on a higher awareness level than a chimp, and very well may have funerary practices and perhaps even burials.  Many have used that theory as a reason that we have found no bones of the dead.  It may even explain why we never find any road kill of a Sasquatch.  They may simply take the body and bury it in some fashion.  Burials by Sasquatch is a viable theory.  Not proven of course, but I believe it is a viable one.

Old Dog, I tend to agree with you, which is why i found that report fascinating. I have read a few reports of Sasquatch making a large hole in scree slopes, as if opening a pit for burial. There are certainly lots of scree slopes in my part of BC. Of course, the removal of those stones on the slopes ,might just be a search for the picas and marmots that live in them.

Posted (edited)

Mice can be aware of the death of a 'family member'. Its a defensive mechanism that stimulates depression so they don't move around and stay safe from predators. That's what depression has its roots in most likely. 

Edited by Waggles

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0