Can We Solve This Before October 20, 2017?

hiflier

On Oct 20, 2017, I will be drinking from a creek and be startled by the unexpected appearance of two bigfoots.   I will walk away into the woods, into the mists of time, into myth in the bigfoot culture.   The rest will call them hoaxers because my tracks are not deep enough.  

MIB

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gigantor said:

Yeah, right.  You have not just one, but a bunch of them tracked down and could get a type specimen any time you wanted, you just love them too much...  :lol:

That's the weakest excuse there is.

First of all lets make one thing clear, I don't make excuses and I didn't make one. You made up that yourself. And also, despite anything you said, I've never once stated any where's on this forum that myself or anyone else had a "Bunch of them tracked down and could get a type specimen anytime we wanted"...... Please quote the specific thread of me ever saying that... Thanks

We do know where a few lives and most likely a couple of smaller groups within the entire area, this is fact. I think we even made a video of an ordeal last year involving famous members of the Bigfoot world in which some came within yards of a small group of people. Also got on video a rather nice bluff charge just this past Oct, involving members of the same two groups. Yea so no reason to lie about stuff on this forum. Our group does make a lot of videos of what we do though, so not sure I want to waste time looking back for it just to prove something here.. Just never felt like I ever had to prove myself to anyone but myself and family. But yea, our group is both pro kill and anti kill, we don't care what side of the fence you're on. But none of us is going to try and shoot one because we've seen the power of these things and the little 1911's we carry most of the time just isn't gonna get the job done in the dark... Only an eye or vital spot shot would do the trick with a little weapon like that. We just simply don't want to trouble, and besides, why displace a trust that took quite a long time to build up in these places.

If you're a true researcher, you research,  you don't kill. Even if you're not against one being killed.

So giggle all you want, doesn't phase me in the slightest...

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

And no one is asking you to- but the things don't live forever for pete's sake. Just keep an eye on an old one and when it croaks simply bring it in for study. No harm in that is there?

BTW, been meaning to ask you, what size motor in the bass boat?

But finding a body or body part is the hardest part. That scenario is one that plays out in every portion of the United States in which they live. If only it was that simple. Our areas aren't that small, so it would be hard to find a dead body of any kind of animal.

It's a 225 Mercury Pro XS on it now. From out of the hole to around 70 to 75mph takes around 8 seconds with a full bass fishing tournament load with two people in the boat...  At that speed there is nothing but the actual prop in the water, the rest of the boat is gleaming on top of the water. I mean you know, I can't let anyone beat me to our first honey hole after take off tournament morning...

• Upvote 3

SSR Team
10 hours ago, hiflier said:

Seatco, IDK, the more I learn about this animal the more difficult getting close to it. That's why chasing live ones is like hunting snipe. Every year some have to die somewhere for whatever reason. Gas, food, a plastic bag, and a saw for the bones. Oh yes.........and snow melt.

And why chasing them full stop is foolish.

Now, luring them however and taking advantage of their curiosity.....................;)

7 hours ago, TritonTr196 said:

First of all lets make one thing clear, I don't make excuses and I didn't make one. You made up that yourself. And also, despite anything you said, I've never once stated any where's on this forum that myself or anyone else had a "Bunch of them tracked down and could get a type specimen anytime we wanted"...... Please quote the specific thread of me ever saying that... Thanks

We do know where a few lives and most likely a couple of smaller groups within the entire area, this is fact. I think we even made a video of an ordeal last year involving famous members of the Bigfoot world in which some came within yards of a small group of people. Also got on video a rather nice bluff charge just this past Oct, involving members of the same two groups. Yea so no reason to lie about stuff on this forum.

No it's not a fact, it's a claim which has been presented with little or no evidence to back it up.

With regard to the 'bluff charge' that sounds very interesting - do you have clear video footage of a creature making a charge out of cover at you?  I'm thinking you are referring to an unidentified creature making some movement in deep undergrowth that can't be clearly seen but some kind of commotion can be heard. It would be extraordinary evidence if it's the former and if it's clear could be possible proof.

Is there somewhere I can go to see these videos mentioned and make up my own mind?

As for the main crux of the OP, I see a gradual process if the creature is in fact real - maybe some footage or evidence emerges and interests some scientific parties, they dip their toes in the water, produce some further data and gradually the creature becomes reality until a body is located. I can't really see a 'Eureka' type moment happening of a body being taken or found and all of a sudden Bigfoot/Sasquatch is proven.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, TritonTr196 said:

It's a 225 Mercury Pro XS on it now. From out of the hole to around 70 to 75mph takes around 8 seconds with a full bass fishing tournament load with two people in the boat...  At that speed there is nothing but the actual prop in the water, the rest of the boat is gleaming on top of the water. I mean you know, I can't let anyone beat me to our first honey hole after take off tournament morning...

Thanks, pretty sweet. And with the design speed those boats are just too slick for words. My Dad lived in the Chattanooga area for about 30 years until he passed away. Ham radio operator bar none. Guy could send Morse code as fast as the tones I used to hear when accidently calling someone's fax line. So much to that story but it's not for here.

Finding a body or a skeleton WON"T be easy anywhere and no one is saying that it is; but then one has to determine if the effort is worth it right?

3 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Now, luring them however and taking advantage of their curiosity.....................;)

^^ This, especially since camera traps left to themselves appear so fruitless. Me? If I see an 800 pounder I'm simply going to wrestle it to the ground, get it in a hammer or head lock, and tell it to come quietly or else........ ;)  

hiflier -

I don't count on any one approach, I try to keep an eye out for any possibility.  I think pondering, and examining, potential burial sites is a useful addition but not a replacement.   I say this because some people seem to go all-in for one thing or another to the exclusion of all other possibilities they could be doing simultaneously.   As I hike in to attend to cameras or walk creeks fishing or back canyons hunting, just as I watch the ground for tracks and run audio for vocalizations, I also keep an eye out for disturbances around the talus slopes and such.  They're the most obvious burial places in my area that nobody could mess with because many of the rocks are too big to move by human hands.   

BobbyO -

Luring them ... the only bait that has worked so far is myself.   That adds a bit of .. spice :) .. to the mix.   Couple years ago I hiked in on an overnighter to "refuel" some remote cameras before winter set in and set one up overlooking my tent that night.   There was something out there for a while one night and it wasn't very happy.   I don't know for sure what it was, no pictures, didn't come clear in, just hung on the fringes.   It was ambiguous but certainly interesting.  

MIB

Guest Waggles

Ok but the truth is you can't and won't. Its unsolvable. The scenario where BF becomes scientifically accepted has not been realistic postulated here. 

And don't forget not everyone THINKS they should be "discovered", ie: ruined.

And consider that there are now "Monsters in the woods" scenario, total disaster. BF is not reconsilable with modern man.

Funny thing is: THEY all know it. Only a few modern humans get it so far. American Indian culture seems to be in tune with that idea. Leave em alone.

BF have enough problems with loss of habitat. They are giant freaks of evolution. They ain't gonna jive with moderns no way no how.

Edited by Waggles
cause

Finding a BF is really really rare. That's why the PGF is one of the few legit examples documentation (BTW one of our members here has developed a fractal imaging algorithm that may yet bear fruit on the showing that the PGF is the real thing- thread is in the PGF section).

Usually BF finds **you**. All of the interactions I've had since my initial encounter have been where they (or it) found me.

This usually means they find you on their terms, not yours. So it can be a little .... ooky. One of my recent encounters was on the Elk Pass in Alberta Canada. I was completely alone with no other humans for miles. That's how they like it.

Maybe  better question for everyone: Does anyone WANT this to be solved in a public way? It does seem that most folks who claim encounters don't care that the rest aren't knowers and don't seem to have a desire to prove their claims. Hey look, we're adults here. And while the cat and mouse stuff appears to be a pervasive methodology among knowers I fail to see the purpose or benefit when deployed among adults. I don't get grown ups who choose this path at all.

Of course this is a Forum for Bigfoot discussion- which as far as I can tell hasn't progressed the subject much more that maintaining circular dialogue. Everyone satisfied with that? Some apparently are since carrots placed in front of others' noses seems to be so much fun. 60+ years and this kind of thing still goes on. And we're supposed to be grown ups.....yeah, right.

15 minutes ago, Waggles said:

BF have enough problems with loss of habitat.

Then what's the hurry? ;)  Most think the BF is doing just fine. But IF the numbers are shrinking (which no one can prove- I wonder why that is) then they AREN'T doing fine. There's probably a bunch of animals that aren't doing fine. Amphibians for instance. You know, things that are going extinct in our life time.

Edited by hiflier

9 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Does anyone WANT this to be solved in a public way?

That's a good question. 

We're all here for different reasons, different paths, different goals.   Some are simply curious.  Others have "lost face", been ridiculed, and perceive a need to restore their reputations and "show" the people who ridiculed them via proving existence.    And so on.   It is difficult sometimes to empathize with others' perspectives and needs, especially when they're in outward, or sometimes even inward, denial about the underlying causes of the motives.  

For myself, proof isn't useful.  I know what I know.  I don't need validation.   I don't need approval.   Any motivation to provide proof will have to come from some other source.   For instance, if, in my research, I find that there is a real danger to the public, that may override other considerations.   Evidence for that is, for now, both debatable and controversial, far from "proven" even to this bigfoot knower.   For me, for now, the factors against proving weigh more heavily.   For now.   I'm  not closed to changing my mind if the situation warrants a change.

You have to do what's right for you for your own reasons.

MIB

6 minutes ago, MIB said:

....For me, for now, the factors against proving weigh more heavily....

Would you perhaps elaborate a bit more on that, please?  

28 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Maybe  better question for everyone: Does anyone WANT this to be solved in a public way?

I would think if you want to believe in this creature or if you claim to know this creature exists it's a pretty cut and dried question. Even if you would like the animal left alone then if the animal is scientifically discovered we are able to determine if it needs protection, where its habitats are, how they interact with nature and other creatures - there is simply no way to protect them if we don't have knowledge of them and their habitat.

We could very easily be doing something inadvertently to endanger them without knowledge of them coming directly from scientific study - for example those people who claim to regularly interact with them (if their stories are true of course) could be passing on germs like the common cold or flu which could decimate a population of wild apes, like it can potentially do to wild gorillas.

21 minutes ago, Celtic Raider said:

I would think if you want to believe in this creature or if you claim to know this creature exists it's a pretty cut and dried question.

Evidently it it's not because direct questions have not resulted in definitive answers. Broad strokes is all that apparently can be expected. Some think it passes for reasons, others call them excuses. Regardless, the truth is it's game playing at it's usual best either way one wants to cut it. Living on this Earth for six decades doesn't mean the truth gets deserved. Those who say they have it keep it private from everyone else who are left to constantly have to decide who is lying or not. Many do not feel the need to prove they are or are not. Let the games continue.......ain't it lots of fun?

I could probably enjoy myself doing that too if I wished to. Who would be the wiser? I could disperse carrots like nobody's business and look like a knower too. And all the while holding it over other's heads like the tall kid holds the toy high over the head of the shorter one. Some things never change, eh?  

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Would you perhaps elaborate a bit more on that, please?  

Hmmm ... politics ... forum rules.    I have to be careful here.   Some of my favorite activities on public lands are under attack by special interest groups who want those public lands shut to all activities except their own.   They've successfully used presence of endangered species to close some of those lands already.   Many of those funding the efforts don't even live in our area, it just sounds good, tugs at ignorant heart strings, etc.  I don't plan to motivate them even further and give them even more ammo to use against the needs of the people who reside in the affected areas. 

MIB

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Celtic Raider said:

No it's not a fact, it's a claim which has been presented with little or no evidence to back it up.

No, it's a fact. Seeing with your own eyes makes it a fact. And since you've never seen any evidence means absolutely nothing too me or anyone else. You don't even know any of the places I'm talking about or ever been there to know anything about what goes on.

Is there somewhere I can go to see these videos mentioned and make up my own mind?

Yes, they're all over youtube and facebook. Just do what some of us calls "research" and find them yourself.... I would have gladly sent you the info for these places and videos in a private message like I have several members of this forum, but since I was called out about it I won't waste the time.