Airdale

How Might Sasquatch React During Total Solar Eclipse?

15 posts in this topic

On Monday, August 21, 2017, there will be a total solar eclipse tracking across the entire continental U.S. from the Oregon coast to the South Carolina coast. A NASA researcher at the Goddard Space Flight Center has created the most accurate map of the area of totality ever done, taking into account the effect of ridges and valleys on the edge of the Moon as visible from Earth, as well as the topography of the ground in the shadow. Here is a link to an article in the New Atlas tech newsletter:

http://newatlas.com/total-solar-eclipse-path-usa-nasa/47297/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=788e3ae220-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-788e3ae220-91801961 

Below is a coast-to-coast overview of the map.

eclipse-map-usa-1.jpg

Here is a link to the NASA website with more detailed maps for each state: https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/eclipse-maps-0

There is some prime Bigfoot territory that will be encompassed during this event, and it could provide a unique opportunity for researchers familiar with those areas to set up in advance and attempt to record any unusual activity. It will begin at approximately 10:15 am PDT and end at 2:48 pm EDT.

It would also afford individuals and/or groups to establish voice or text communications in advance to pass anything of interest they might observe to others along the path. Absent written or oral history, an event as rare as a solar eclipse would likely be quite a surprise to an intelligent primate. I recall during the total eclipse in March of 1979 that dogs all over Helena were barking and howling, and there was even a rooster crowing. It would be interesting if any Sasquatch vocalizations could be recorded, and what form they might take.

Thoughts?

Use the eclipse to its advantage.Like any predator would.It will most likely be on the hunt for dinner.

While researching yesterday, to find the speed of the moon's shadow across the path of totality, found this: Eclipse shadows travel at 1,100 miles per hour at the equator and up to 5,000 miles per hour near the poles.

Also found this: Local animals and birds often prepare for sleep or behave confusedly during totality.

I'm not quite under the totality path but not far off, either.   I may try to take that day off ... might be a good day to have some audio recorders out.

MIB

Perhaps another question worth asking is how will the deer respond? Or the skunk cabbage?:rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

Or even several common plants like dandelions that close up at night?

OK, found this from here: http://phillips.seti.org/kids/solar-observations.html

"....it is as if suddenly day switches to night. The sky darkens, and the temperature drops. Flowers close for night, birds roost and get ready to go to sleep, insects stop flying, and bats come out."

So IMO even watching a flower close and re-open would be fascinating.

Edited by hiflier

I could just see two BF's talking between themselves....

"So it starts getting darker, right, then all of a sudden, all the deer start like LAYING DOWN! I couldn't believe my luck! Got four of em!"

"Oh man!(or would they say "Oh-mah!"?) Why didn't you come wake me up?"

"So it started getting darker, like fast, right? And I'm scopin' out this campsite hidden like real good, right? And then it starts to get dark and you'll never guess....."

"Don't tell me.......um.......your eyes lit up".

"How'd YOU know?! Were you there? I mean I musta looked like a danged lighthouse!!! Talk about embarrassin' ".

"Wow, you're luckier than you think. I mean think about it, we could be callin' you Deadfoot right now".

Posted (edited)

Interesting thread

Sas 1 "Looks like 2001 all over again"

Sas 2 "Where is the monolith Stanley?"

chances are they would wake up when everybody else goes silent

Edited by Audiotom

Not sure about a total solar eclipse but i'm looking in to the Fall Equinox (Rut time) right now and finding some interesting numbers across North America, and specifically Whitetail heavy regions.

It's ongoing.

I am curious to know what you are seeing, BobbyO. A member a while back mentioned generally heightened BF activity around that time with some evidence of a bit more aggression. Is there any indication of that in what you are noticing? Maybe in specific regions?

It's not the rut.   Fall equinox does not trigger the rut.   The whitetail rut begins at drastically different times depending on latitude, some places around Christmas.  

MIB

Two full moons after so I've read MIB, and that's what I'm working on..;)

So we have October and November since the mid 90's that I've looked at.

Apologies for not being clearer, my bad.

I bought this last week too.

http://charliealsheimer.com/ca/moon.html 

20 hours ago, hiflier said:

I am curious to know what you are seeing, BobbyO. A member a while back mentioned generally heightened BF activity around that time with some evidence of a bit more aggression. Is there any indication of that in what you are noticing? Maybe in specific regions?

I don't notice aggression as I don't re-read the reports but just try to siphone numbers.

Specific regions though yes and like I said, whitetail heavy regions too appear to be top heavy.