Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slabdog

Pareidolia

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I was watching an old episode of MacGyver today....

...and there he was. Plain as day.

Man he's just so sneaky the way he finagles himself into photos and videos without anyone noticing in real time. 

IMG_0305.JPG

Edited by slabdog

Nowhere is sacred. We've got Stumpsquatch, TVSquatch, and their close relative...ShippingContainerSquatch

17265054_1391423270930111_7972200373112225855_n.jpg

Ain't that the truth. That was over at my friends house, he was all excited about it. I was like yeah I guess sorta maybe.......

The squatch in Slabdog's pic looks like he's holding something. Possibly an avocado.

Could this be an example of gifting caught on tape? :)

Let's keep this thread open. This could be fun. 

I'm off to hunt background squatch.

Posted (edited)

Saw this posted on facebook, today. Part of the caption: " It's looking out from tree as I drive by on country road , window down where there would be no glass reflection . " The poster is serious. Pareidolia strikes deep, into your life it will creep.

GhostBigfoot.jpg

Edited by Incorrigible1

As a reigning international champion, I must confess, it's easier than it looks! 

Well, it's easy!

Whether it's really there, might be, probably isn't, or simply can't be, with the right frame of mind, it can be found! Dedication, determination, and maybe just a bit of imaginative spark is all one really needs. Of course, it's always possible that there IS something there, and you're the only one that can see it! Just because others don't perceive it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

I like the tv screen shot, particularly!

Posted (edited)

Deepest of sighs...  How many years have we been talking about this?  Teasing people?  Groaning when we know its obvious, but others are "so sure" they see something?  

There is a simple test for resolving these issues. 

1) you find Sasquatch in a photo...  in the bushes behind your friends, peeking out from that big tree, or any other number of places and scenarios we've all seen before ad nauseum.

2) you GO BACK to the place where the photo was taken.  Take another photo.  If the object/shadow/giant scary sasquatch is still there when you view the photo, ITS NOT A SASQUATCH ! 

This also is a very effective technique for resolving your "Stumpsquatch" situations as well. 

You're very welcome. 

-A- 

Edited to add-  Slabdog, no doubt that "Macguyver-Squatch" is real, you can see a resemblance to Patty !  

Edited by Art1972
to add

Art, there's no resemblance to Patty as Patty wasn't a blonde - oh wait, you mean the dark shadowing area behind McGyver and the blonde with the big hair? ;-)

56 minutes ago, Art1972 said:

Deepest of sighs...  How many years have we been talking about this?  Teasing people?  Groaning when we know its obvious, but others are "so sure" they see something? 

These are the ones most telepathically active, too.

On 4/17/2017 at 6:18 PM, Art1972 said:

There is a simple test for resolving these issues. 

1) you find Sasquatch in a photo...  in the bushes behind your friends, peeking out from that big tree, or any other number of places and scenarios we've all seen before ad nauseum.

2) you GO BACK to the place where the photo was taken.  Take another photo.  If the object/shadow/giant scary sasquatch is still there when you view the photo, ITS NOT A SASQUATCH ! 

This also is a very effective technique for resolving your "Stumpsquatch" situations as well. 

You're very welcome. 

-A- 

Edited to add-  Slabdog, no doubt that "Macguyver-Squatch" is real, you can see a resemblance to Patty !  

Great idea, or solution if you will.  The only issues I have with this method is that the exact same conditions must apply.  Time of day, position of the sun, density, or lack thereof, of clouds.  Not to mention one must be in the exact same position to take the photo.  One of these factors being off will not produce the same shot, so a lack of shadow or light in the subsequent shot may lead someone to believe there was something there when the first shot was taken, but in actuality it was just the difference in lighting and shade.

16 hours ago, Trogluddite said:

^

Just curious, that's photo-shopped in, right?

I dont know if it is or not. it's only a 72K file size. It's on my research groups FB page.

Edited by WesT
Dumb smartphone

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0