Stick Structures

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

This topic was on the old forum. I hate to see it go so let's start a new thread. What do you think these structures are used for? I've added a pic of a structure I've been watching this year and it's been built up with addition of new brush/limbs, changes almost every few days, some parts get moved around quite often. I beleive some of these structures are used as a day blind and the creatures use them to avoid a direct line of sight. The structures are mostly like large brush piles and tend to show up in the middle of the woods far away from any normal human traffic. I'd love to see some good discussion and pics of other structures to see if any are similar. Chris B.

post-137-012703500 1284731421_thumb.gif

I'm not personally a big fan of them being related to BF. I own an expansive piece of property here in Georgia and I can easily duplicate many of the *stick-structure* photos and know that they are virtually all weather related or naturally occurring.

I have seen a few really compelling photos that seem to defy explanation however.

Suppose the jury is still out with me, but, I firmly believe the vast majority of them can be rather easily explained away as *natural*.

Why does a stick structure have anything to do with bigfoot? Has anyone ever seen a bigfoot creating one of these structures? Has anyone found hair inside these structures?

I'm just not seeing the correlation.

RayG

Tend to agree RayG. One would think that if a hairy creature manipulated some of the formations I've seen in photos of purported *stick-structures* then there would be some hair left behind for analysis.

Or, some other form of corroborative/secondary evidence like footprints.

Like I said, I'm not a big fan of the *stick-structure* being related to BF theory.

One of my favourite subjects.

Here is the deal. I live in England, there are no bigfoot here whatsoever. No bears either, in fact, the biggest thing in the forest behind my house is muntjac.

So, eight years ago, in the forest behind my house in England, I photographed a number of these stick 'formations' and 'tree breaks' where trees had been 'snapped off' 8ft off the ground - just like the photos of stick formations and tree breaks I have seen from all over the USA.

The conclusion therefore is that either bigfoot is alive and well in a small forest in England (which is very, very unlikley), or that these 'formations' in the USA are nothing whatsoever to do with bigfoot. It really is that simple!

Guest Fanofsquatch

That sort of seals the deal for me Paul V, certainly points to another explanation, would have been fun to post up some pictures and let the discussion run for a bit before revealing the location. There are some very intriguing photos out there of odd piles of brush with small openings, for me too small for the mighty Bigfoot, but I lean towards animal made borough. One does have to wonder where would BF sleep or conceal himself if wandering an area of forest with no caves or dense cover. I think that he would probably try to assemble a blind to rest in and give him the advantage over an approaching intruder.

Chris, I think if you want to study those , you could take photos of the same structure every couple days from the same exact spot. Put those into a slide show and let us see whats happening. If limbs are coming into and then leaving the structure that would be somewhat interesting.

Some of the double twist, the limb art, structures built with materials that had to be moved to the site suggest they did not occur as a result of natural forces. What the outside forces were can be debated, but to those who are convinced that there are Bigfoot in the area this seems like a possible explanation. Please don't demand the collection of hairs or footprints that you will later dismiss.

Guest TooRisky

We here in the PNW have found some stick structures that just make ya scratch your head, but unless this has been visualy confirmed I have to say i to am on the fence. Never doubt what Mother Nature can and will do...

As I posted in anoteher thread, I've found them. I even took an archaeologist friend out to look at one, to try to help me figure it out. She said it was a Native American wickiup. Also, some natives used stick structures as sweat lodges, and in time some of the sticks would fall down, etc. Look inside and see if you see any evidence of charcoal, etc. Some of them are really old and will be sedimented in, so you need to dig a bit. Be careful, if it's NA, you don't want to disturb it cause it's protected by NAGPRA.

Never doubt what the fairly-large membership of the four overlapping subcultures related to wilderness self-reliance, minimalist camping, survival and militaristic training can do, either; particularly when practising things such as rapidly-improvised first-night shelters.

I saw a thread elsewhere where people were discussing the the sasquatch-related implications and repercussions of a curious, primitive-looking lattice structure. People who don't know what a hastily-assembled tarp-frame is shouldn't be questioning others' woods experience, is all I'm saying.

Guest rockinkt

Chris, I think if you want to study those , you could take photos of the same structure every couple days from the same exact spot. Put those into a slide show and let us see whats happening. If limbs are coming into and then leaving the structure that would be somewhat interesting.

Now that is an excellent idea on how to properly research such a thing. (I miss the old "Thumbs-up" smiley)

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic