Blockbuster News

Guest Silver Fox

Guest Silver Fox

I'm no expert on writing but after reading the interview it's pretty obvious to me the interviewer and the person being interviewed are the same person or "voice". Complete bs IMO.

Interview was done over the phone with no tape recorder. Then the gist of it was transcribed into copy, so it's not his exact words, right.

Guest Cervelo

Interview was done over the phone with no tape recorder. Then the gist of it was transcribed into copy, so it's not his exact words, right.

No not right I will stay with my original statement. If your going to go down that road next time record it and provide a link to the recording.

Guest Silver Fox

No not right I will stay with my original statement. If your going to go down that road next time record it and provide a link to the recording.

In addition, the interviewee is given a copy of the interview and is allowed to change any words or phrases that they do not like.

Guest Cervelo

In addition, the interviewee is given a copy of the interview and is allowed to change any words or phrases that they do not like.

?????? Sorry but I guess this is something like peer review for journalism. It's sounds more like a cop out to me or a very immature way to get the last word in.

Ok you win!

I find this completely fascinating and also sad, for some reason I have the urge to vomit. It appears the government and Division of Forestry are well aware of BF but are ignoring them. Would probably be perfectly happy if they go extinct (though I believe there are thousands of them).

It's obvious they don't know what to do with them! So there is a "conspiracy" of a sort...if it gets out that BF are real and maybe 3/4 of a way from sapiens....well there goes our way of life!

I'd like to hear what Derek and Rich have to say about this, if they're able to. I, for one trust them and the OP completely. We know they've submitted tissue, hair and saliva, as Derek stated on the EP thread. IMO, saliva sounds like one of the tougher samples to obtain unless you have a body, or a head. Not impossible, just tougher.

They also stated firmly that THEY do not have a body. This would be an accurate statement if the body they're taking samples from is in SOMEONE ELSE'S possession, as the interview indicates.

Sounds like all this will be out soon, so if they can't respond yet because of an NDA, I have no problem waiting.

BFF Patron

To me the account pulls together too many BF cultural icons, historical threads and skeptical turf into one story to be a viable story. And I have to agree about the voice of the story and the need to record interviews. Silver Fox it sounds like maybe you should consider a blogtalk show perhaps? You seem to have access to quite a bit of insider information in this field which would be an advantage. So I'd imagine RichG and derekfoot will be weighing in pretty soon on this one right?

BFF Patron

So what did the third Bigfoot do while the second one died in this dude's arms?

Well if they killed the male instead of the female, maybe it is now live bait?

So what did the third Bigfoot do while the second one died in this dude's arms?

On a serious note, it probably ran like hell after the initial shock wore off of seeing what the first few shots did.

On a not-so-serious note, your question sounds like the beginning of a joke, and it made me chuckle thinking of possible punch lines.

Edited by me to say that if this really happened, then that was in bad taste. I apologise.

Edited by Efrum

Guest Silver Fox

?????? Sorry but I guess this is something like peer review for journalism. It's sounds more like a cop out to me or a very immature way to get the last word in.

Ok you win!

Don't have a tape recorder for my phone, is the main thing. Another thing is it ends up being so time consuming. This interview stretched for 2 1/2 hours! I would have to listen through 2.5 hours of tape, and then go back over it again and again to get the words just right. And it's usually just phrasing anyway. Further, you have to do a major edit on the subject's words for space and readability limitations, because people tend to beat around the bush a lot and say umm, uhhh, etc. So the subject gets a huge rewrite anyway. Why waste all my time on that? I'm not even getting paid to do this.

Problem with my way is yeah, subject ends up sounding like me.

Guest Silver Fox

I'd like to hear what Derek and Rich have to say about this, if they're able to. I, for one trust them and the OP completely. We know they've submitted tissue, hair and saliva, as Derek stated on the EP thread. IMO, saliva sounds like one of the tougher samples to obtain unless you have a body, or a head. Not impossible, just tougher.

They also stated firmly that THEY do not have a body. This would be an accurate statement if the body they're taking samples from is in SOMEONE ELSE'S possession, as the interview indicates.

Sounds like all this will be out soon, so if they can't respond yet because of an NDA, I have no problem waiting.

Well, if some of the Erickson Project DNA is really coming from two dead BF bodies themselves, then at least we know that the samples are real BF samples, and it adds to the credibility of the DNA. I would say that the DNA sequence for those samples at least ought to immaculate.

I would have to listen through 2.5 hours of tape, and then go back over it again and again to get the words just right... Further, you have to do a major edit on the subject's words for space and readability limitations, because people tend to beat around the bush a lot and say umm, uhhh, etc. So the subject gets a huge rewrite anyway. Why waste all my time on that? I'm not even getting paid to do this.

But not doing these things is where you and your story loses credibility.

Guest Silver Fox

But not doing these things is where you and your story loses credibility.

Not really. Subject gets a copy of the interview and gets to rewrite anything they want to in there for whatever reason. They don't think they were quoted right, they don't like they way it sounds, I'm putting words into their mouth, or they just flat out want certain stuff removed.

And I do along with all of those requests. Sometimes the interviews get a couple of rewrites with all of the subject's changes.

As long as it goes back to the subject and comes back one way or the other, make changes and changes are made, or don't, either way, the finished product is one in which the subject is satisfied that they are not being misquoted in any way whatsoever, which is what the credibility is all about anyway.

Most journalists don't do that, but I make a special effort to do that.