• Announcements

• masterbarber

Help Support the BFF   09/08/2016

Help Support the BFF by purchasing a premium membership. Premium members are directly supporting our forum and our ability to keep it up and running. Without this vital resource and our all volunteer staff, we would not be able to sustain a web presence. The annual access fee allows us to maintain server space, renew software subscriptions, purchase new apps that benefit our members or ease efforts for staff and so forth.   The cost is $20.00 (US) per year- per membership, about $1.66 per month. In the future, an alternative may be a members only forum, as a way to continue the forum's funding source. I'm sure most of us would prefer that not be the case. If you are currently enjoying the content you read here then I urge you to Thank the Premium Members and to consider joining in support of the BFF. It's the only way we will continue to provide the current level of content access.    Please follow the below link for all the details: http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/30015-important-news-premium-access-memberships-are-now-available/   Best Regards, masterbarber Director, BFF

Bff Member Sightings/ Please No Questions Or Discussion Of A Members Sightings.

86 posts in this topic

Since many of our members have had sightings it would seem wise to collect them all in one spot. Why talk about sightings elsewhere when we have a wealth of info among us!

My vision for this thread is to simply document the sightings. Please don't comment on the sightings in this thread. This will keep the actual sightings from getting lost in commentary and make it a useful reference. We can start a separate thread for discussion of member sightings.

We can use these criteria. Obviously the more detail the better. However feel free to withhold sensitive data.

Date:

State or Province:

Nearest Town:

Witness Observation:

Other Witnesses:

Time and Conditions:

Environment:

Moderators, what do you think about making this an actual folder?

Orang

Edited by orangpendeck

I think it would be a great idea. However, I don't believe your criteria will work fully. Some folks would like to report their sightings, without giving away too much information about location, if it is still an ongoing investigation.

And anyone that wants to post a sighting report must understand that their sighting report may get discussed in another thread, if we are going to keep discussion of the sighting report out of this thread.

I agree with both points. A witness does not have to reveal sensitive info if they do not want to. The guidelines I included are only there to help give some direction. Exact location and names are not necessary to post. I could edit my original post to reflect this.

Also, you are right that the witnesses should understand that their sighting is fair game for discussion in other threads. However, I think it goes without saying that they should be treated with respect. Disagreeing is fine, but mockery and personal attacks is unacceptable.

Orang

Date: Labor Day Weekend (September) 1982

State or Province: Pasquotank County, North Carolina

Nearest Town: Elizabeth City (I think)

Witness Observation: Witnessed a very tall, massive, dark colored "Bigfoot", eating leaves and berries from a deer stand for about 5 mins.

Other Witnesses: None

Time and Conditions: Around 9 am, broad Daylight and clear.

Environment: Private Property. Pine Forest on the edge of the Great Dismal Swamp, near the Pasquotank river.

I prefer not to go into the specifics or answer questions on this open forum. Please PM questions. Thanks

B) Here is a brief entry for my last sighting:

Date: February 10, 2005

State or Province: Ontario, Canada

Nearest Town: Cobourg, Ontario

Witness Observation: Large (circa 8’ tall), very dark charcoal gray (almost black) hair, facial skin black, very well groomed (no shaggy or dirty hair), a magnificent and very healthy looking male specimen in every respect. Shoulders about 40+†wide, no fat visible, shaped square like a refrigerator with no wedge-like tapering to the waist.

Other Witnesses: none

Time and Conditions: 11:45am, temperature about 34 F, high altitude slight overcast but very bright and mild day

Environment: Alternating open fields and forest at the side of the 401 highway, about 5-7 miles east of Cobourg; patchy snow on the fields. The eastbound two lane highway is divided from the westbound double lanes by a sward of meadow probably 200 feet wide.

Circumstance: I was the front seat passenger in an eastbound car. Our car was the only vehicle in sight, either coming or going. At 90 degrees right to my position I saw movement in the corner of my eye. When I turned my head completely the Sasquatch rose up fully on two feet and stood momentarily next to the line of scrub trees at the edge of the road shoulder. Our eyes met and locked. I estimate the closest distance at about 50 feet. As our vehicle continued pulling away, the Squatch turned to his right and quickly disappeared from sight into the fields away from the highway.

My suspicion is that the Squatch was lying down, waiting for the last car to pass (us) so that he could quickly get up and make an unseen dash across the wide highway expanse. Had I not caught his movement in the corner of my eye and turned to investigate, I would never have seen the individual.

For what it’s worth, both John Green and Grover Krantz used to comment on the number of sightings which took place after vehicles had passed hidden Sasquatches by as they waited to cross the road. If you are in a vehicle looking for Sasquatch, always be sure to have some one looking backward, possibly seated low in the back of a pickup truck.

Dudlow

B) Here is a brief entry for my last sighting:

Date: February 10, 2005

State or Province: Ontario, Canada

Nearest Town: Cobourg, Ontario

Witness Observation: Large (circa 8’ tall), very dark charcoal gray (almost black) hair, facial skin black, very well groomed (no shaggy or dirty hair), a magnificent and very healthy looking male specimen in every respect. Shoulders about 40+†wide, no fat visible, shaped square like a refrigerator with no wedge-like tapering to the waist.

Other Witnesses: none

Time and Conditions: 11:45am, temperature about 34 F, high altitude slight overcast but very bright and mild day

Environment: Alternating open fields and forest at the side of the 401 highway, about 5-7 miles east of Cobourg; patchy snow on the fields. The eastbound two lane highway is divided from the westbound double lanes by a sward of meadow probably 200 feet wide.

Circumstance: I was the front seat passenger in an eastbound car. Our car was the only vehicle in sight, either coming or going. At 90 degrees right to my position I saw movement in the corner of my eye. When I turned my head completely the Sasquatch rose up fully on two feet and stood momentarily next to the line of scrub trees at the edge of the road shoulder. Our eyes met and locked. I estimate the closest distance at about 50 feet. As our vehicle continued pulling away, the Squatch turned to his right and quickly disappeared from sight into the fields away from the highway.

My suspicion is that the Squatch was lying down, waiting for the last car to pass (us) so that he could quickly get up and make an unseen dash across the wide highway expanse. Had I not caught his movement in the corner of my eye and turned to investigate, I would never have seen the individual.

For what it’s worth, both John Green and Grover Krantz used to comment on the number of sightings which took place after vehicles had passed hidden Sasquatches by as they waited to cross the road. If you are in a vehicle looking for Sasquatch, always be sure to have some one looking backward, possibly seated low in the back of a pickup truck.

Dudlow

Hi Dudlow, great sighting. Do you think the sasquatch abandoned the road crossing attempt after realizing you had seen him?

Great reports all. I've wondered whether a hi-rez rear facing camera on a cruise vehicle in areas of high probability would catch a decent road crossing.

Hi Dudlow, great sighting. Do you think the sasquatch abandoned the road crossing attempt after realizing you had seen him?

B) Hard to say, BCC, but my guess is he retreated from sight probably until there was another break in the car traffic. Crossing there would involve a speedy run of about 300 feet until he reached cover on the other side, again pretty much the same topography to deal with but backed at another 400 feet by a large forest.

There have been a fair number of sightings in the lakes district just north of there and over to the north east just a few miles away. BFRO and other researchers have continued to be involved in the area for a number of years.

Dudlow

Interesting report, Dudlow. Did you go back to the location after and look around? I'm just trying to get a sense on how it's size was determined.

Interesting report, Dudlow. Did you go back to the location after and look around? I'm just trying to get a sense on how it's size was determined.

B) I haven't returned and stopped at the site, although I have driven past the location a few times since -- it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive from where I live. (The 401 Highway is the main super highway for east/west travel from the Detroit/Windsor border across southern Ontario all the way to the Quebec border.)

The suggested size is only a guestimate based on the distance from the subject and the size of the scrub trees at the shoulder of the road. My view is that if a 6-foot man stood in that location he would be dwarfed by the BF, but clearly I have no way of knowing for sure. From time to time I have seen highway workers trimming scrub and keeping the shoulders clear, standing in equivalent locations and none of them would have had anywhere near the apparent mass and size of what I saw. Additionally, I am not movitated to spend the time and effort trying to determine the particular logistics of the sighting because, as I have mentioned before, this was the latest in a series of sightings over the years. At this point, while I always remain surprised to see one, I am no longer shocked. If I had been driving on my own (as opposed to being a passenger) still I may not have pulled over. For example, I don't feel a need to find tracks or hair samples to convince myself of the event -- I've found those before in the past more than once in diverse locations. And I have known about their reported and unreported activities in the area for many years. I was in the right place at the right time.

Dudlow

B) I haven't returned and stopped at the site, although I have driven past the location a few times since -- it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive from where I live. (The 401 Highway is the main super highway for east/west travel from the Detroit/Windsor border across southern Ontario all the way to the Quebec border.)

The suggested size is only a guestimate based on the distance from the subject and the size of the scrub trees at the shoulder of the road. My view is that if a 6-foot man stood in that location he would be dwarfed by the BF, but clearly I have no way of knowing for sure. From time to time I have seen highway workers trimming scrub and keeping the shoulders clear, standing in equivalent locations and none of them would have had anywhere near the apparent mass and size of what I saw. Additionally, I am not movitated to spend the time and effort trying to determine the particular logistics of the sighting because, as I have mentioned before, this was the latest in a series of sightings over the years. At this point, while I always remain surprised to see one, I am no longer shocked. If I had been driving on my own (as opposed to being a passenger) still I may not have pulled over. For example, I don't feel a need to find tracks or hair samples to convince myself of the event -- I've found those before in the past more than once in diverse locations. And I have known about their reported and unreported activities in the area for many years. I was in the right place at the right time.

Dudlow

More than once in one lifetime? No disrespect, but can you pick out some 649 tickets for me? :D

It all happened in August of 1960; I was 12 years old. I was with my mother and step-father on a vacation trip to South Florida. It was my first trip away from home. We lived in a small town, Longwood, north of Orlando, and this trip was about all we could afford for a week. I remember we headed down the east coast through Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and on to Miami and all the way to Key West. No interstates in FL back then. Once we came back to the mainland we went to the Miami Zoo one morning and then headed west on Alligator Alley through the Everglades to Naples. It is VERY hot and humid in South Florida compared to the rest of FL since it is in a sub-tropic zone. The car was not air conditioned.. I remember sitting in the back seat with my head close to the window to catch the wind. Then I spotted it. It was standing, facing the highway, in front of a small hammock of knee-high grass, palmetto shrubs, and a few pine and palm trees, about 150 feet from the road. We locked eyes for the entire duration of the sighting. I can remember flipping back in the seat and watching it through the rear window until I couldn’t’ see it any longer. It was not massive but not thin, tall, maybe 7 feet, medium brown (the color of a coconut), I could not see the feet or knees, no neck, I do not remember any facial feature other than dark eyes, and I did not see a profile. It turned its’ upper body as it stared, not its’ head. No odor. I did not say a word since it did not strike me as being unusual. We had just come from the Miami Zoo, this was my first trip from home and I had seen all kinds of strange animals for the first time that morning. My parents did not see it and I did not mention to them what I saw. This memory is so specific to this day: when we arrived in Naples I can recall swimming in the pool at the motel and thinking how hot that animal must be in all that heat with all that hair. The words Bigfoot and Sasquatch were unknown back then. I don’t recall giving any thought to this creature until the 70’s when my son and I watched a show called “In search of…..†Then I was so busy with work, home and family, and doing things for my husband’s co. I didn’t find the time to go to the library and research the subject. It crossed my mind briefly back in the mid-80’s after a TV show, but nothing seriously. Obviously, this was all prior to easy access to any topic on an in-home computer. Then I watched a Monster Quest back in the first of 2008 and Googled Bigfoot after that show. A whole new world opened up………………… Most of the sightings of BF in Florida are in Collier County(Everglades). There is one report on the BFRO database very similar to mind concerning some college kids heading to Miami on the same road and seeing a BF watch them go by from a hammock.

Hi Bossburg, good to see you here.

I've had an account related to me in confidence that came from that same area. A young man was also on vacation with family, and wandered off a short ways from a roadside rest stop. He suddenly realized he was face to face with a reddish-brown primate of some sort.

Because of some of the details described to me, I give this account a very high level of credibility.

Thanks for sharing your account, we all appreciate your participation.

Good morning, all. I mostly lurk on forums like this. I'll post my own experience and you can let me know what you think of it if you like. I won't say I dwell on the sighting, but from time to time it pops up in my memory and I just don't have any other explanation.

Date: Summer 1982

State or Province: Oregon

Nearest Town: Not sure, it was at a Boy Scout event

Witness Observation: This was one of my last trips with the scouts as a new scoutmaster had just taken over and many of the boys in the troop thought he was sort of an ass and dropped out of the troop. This sighting occurred at a Boy Scout Function in Oregon. I was 13 years old, and I am not sure where it happened. It might have been in the Siskiyous down south. I was a very competitive child and very proud of my ability to hump long distances quickly and tirelessly. This would serve me well a few years later when I joined the Marines. Anyway, I liked taking the troop on hikes and seeing how well they could keep up with me. A new boy (I don't remember his name, just that he was a nice kid and very tall) had just joined the troop and had a reputation as a great hiker (a "rabbit"). I tried to get him to come with us but he didn't. So, I took some of the boys, including my brother, on a hike down the old logging roads. I was a bit ahead of the others just coming to the top of a rise in the road and when I reached the top I saw it. It was standing alongside what looked like a very short fence alongside the right side of the road. I remember just staring at it, I don't know for how long. The others caught up and they stared, too. I remember thinking, "how did that tall boy get so far ahead of us, why did he change his clothes (He was a uniform dark brown from head to foot, I thought at first it was just shirt and pants) and where did he put them" This shows where my mind was. I just couldn't quite make sense out of what I was seeing. Pretty soon, someone said, "It's bigfoot" and I realized that's what I was looking at. Nothing else made sense. We started talking amongst ourselves and decided to go get Bud, the assistant scout master, to take a look (we didn't like the new head scoutmaster so we left him out of it). Bud was kind of a hardass, and loved to see scouts get their just desserts when they tried to cut corners or not do things correctly. Upon reflection, I don't really think he was much of a hardass at all, he put up with us better than I would have at my age. He came with us and brought a small metal suitcase I had never seen before. Years later, I learned it was a pistol case. We looked for tracks, but the ground was hard and all we could find were some old hoofprints made when the ground was wet several days earlier. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but he did not poo-poo the idea, he just got very serious. When we got back to camp the tall boy was there and the other scouts verified he had never left while we were gone. I had forgotten the part about the tall boy until my brother and I talked about this last February when Dad and he came down to Florida to visit. All I remembered was the sighting, the scouts and Bud's reaction. This is not a story. This is precisely how it happened to the absolute best of my memory. My brother also told that I was the one who said "It's bigfoot" and I still have no memory of that. It was a strange encounter and if it were not for my brother being there with me as a witness, I probably would have talked myself into this being something it wasn't (a trick of the light, a bear, whatever). I don't want attention and I'm not a kook. I saw what I saw and I don't for the life of me know what the hell else it could have been.

Other Witnesses: A number of other scouts from my troop, including my brother

Time and Conditions: August, hot and dry, no rain for several days

Environment: Thick, heavy woodland a few miles from camp on an old logging road

Thanks for posting your personal sighting report. It's great that you had a few others there to corroborate what you experienced.