The Ketchum Report

I listened to it last night, I thought it was in peer review, mea culpa on that one.

It's all good Jodie, you were reporting what you thought you heard, since you listened to the interview (there was an interview right?). I started listening to the radio show, and found that I just did not have the patience(as I should have) to wait for one or two bits of status info last night.

I am just bloody confused...

Silver Fox,

Is it or isn't the Ketchum involved paper out for peer review? This should be easy for you to confirm with all of your sources inside this thing.

Cheers,

Polypodium

Guest HairyGreek

I listened to it last night, I thought it was in peer review, mea culpa on that one.

Jodie, I think the blog is alluding that it is out of peer review. It almost looks like someone cut off the end of a sentence they felt was saying too much.

No, Melba wasn't on the show, they had interviewed her and was relaying the information. I heard something was coming out at the end of the year at the least. Maybe I assumed it was in peer review, perhaps they meant it would be released for peer review at the end of the year???

Jodie, I think the blog is alluding that it is out of peer review. It almost looks like someone cut off the end of a sentence they felt was saying too much.

Hopefully, Squatchdetective will pop in and clarify...big differences between "not out for peer review" vs. "not out OF peer review" vs. "out of peer review." That unfinished sentence, paired with the sentence before, it is interesting.

No, Melba wasn't on the show, they had interviewed her and was relaying the information. I heard something was coming out at the end of the year at the least. Maybe I assumed it was in peer review, perhaps they meant it would be released for peer review at the end of the year???

10-4, she was interviwed, but not on the air.

BFF Patron
...And from the mouth of Dr. Ketchum, the study results will be out before the year is up.....

From SD's blog

"I urge all the readers to wait to the final result, and evaluate that information. The bottom line here with the Study is that SCIENCE will tell us the validity of the work, not bloggers, pundits, interlopers or a lone scientist." - SD

True that.

"I urge all the readers to wait to the final result, and evaluate that information. The bottom line here with the Study is that SCIENCE will tell us the validity of the work, not bloggers, pundits, interlopers or a lone scientist." - SD

True that.

I wonder why all the hush-hush from team project members though. Plenty of "ground breaking" research projects have split more beans concerning their findings before even being published.

from last nights Squatchdetective as he was relaying his "on the record" portion of his interview with Ketchum:

approx. 24 mins "This paper is not authored just by Dr Ketchum there are a total of 6 or 7 other authors involved with this, a couple of masters degree folks and few PHDs"

approx. 24 min "right now the study is out for peer review"

approx. 25 mins - "What Dr Ketchum did allow me to say about time frame is that at the very least by the end of the year the report will be out"

Edited by slabdog

more from last night's SquatchD show:

Approx. 27 mins - " I have confirmed that also with Dr Ketchum that a lot of the work here has been outsourced. So it's not just her lab doing all the testing, its been other labs doing what they call a blind test. They don't tell them what they are looking at, they don't tell them anything about it other than, you know, "what is it when you sequence it?"

Jodie, I've been listening to SD's show and I am pretty sure that he said at least twice that the paper IS in peer review now, so it seems that you heard right. Why it says otherwise on the blog, I am not sure.

Thanks slab for the statements and times on the show, we must have been posting at the exact same time...

edit to thank slab...

Edited by notgiganto

More from SqautchD last night

Approx. 29 mins - "I will say that she did say that I can say that the study will be out by the end of the year, it's under peer review now, so that is a good sign and - y'know - Melba told me that - hey - she's smiling from ear to ear so that withstanding, she says there is something to it and yes, these things will be proven, not quite what we expected...that's what the word is."

Edited by slabdog

Guest RioBravo

more from last night's SquatchD show:

Approx. 27 mins - " I have confirmed that also with Dr Ketchum that a lot of the work here has been outsourced. So it's not just her lab doing all the testing, its been other labs doing what they call a blind test. They don't tell them what they are looking at, they don't tell them anything about it other than, you know, "what is it when you sequence it?"

Thanks for the annotations slabdog.

Thanks for the annotations slabdog.

I'll send ya'all the bill for my transcription efforts.

My price? One digital fist pound please..

^_^