Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

I've been following the updates from this evolving story and noting a few things that are starting to make me a little apprehensive:

Yesterday I listened to the MNBRT podcast (which was fascinating by the way....dang it! I told myself I wouldn't listen to it but couldn't help myself)

Here's my list of "Things that make me go hmmmmm" with regard to the Sierra Shooting incident.

1) -LIMITED CONTACT WITH SHOOTER: DR from the OP reported on the show that he has only spoken with the shooter via phone calls. While I do not question DR's integrity, this does not seem to be a strong investigative foundational tactic. To be fair, if other solid evidence has already presented itself in via other means, a face to face interview might not be necessary....but it definitely strikes me as abnormal given the attention that this has received.

2) - JC JOHNSON: I almost fell out of my chair when I heard JC Johnson on the MNBRT show speaking as if he was deeply involved. To be fair, I don't believe he actually claimed to be involved in this project, however that is clearly the "feeling" that listeners (or at least this listener) were left with. Obviously, JC Johnson is a past associate of Tom Biscardi and had involvement in Biscardi's Georgia Bigfoot hoax as detailed in this Cryptomundo story link.

I am not saying that Johnson is a hoaxer or was duplicitous with Biscardi, but past experience would seem to indicate: where there's smoke - there's a Biscardi camp fire.

Did Johnson cut ties with Biscardi after the Georgia debacle? If so, has he publicly severed the ties and outed TB as Steve Kulls did? If not, why not?

3) - TOM BISCARDI's WEB SITE IS DOWN: Why is Tom Biscardi's website blank? It's not "gone"...it's blank. The timing seems very suspicious. It strikes me as odd that right around the same time that what would appear to be a fantastic and potentially ground breaking BF claim is ready to break.....Biscardi is nowhere to be found. He has even cut off his podcasts.

Imagine if a young kid disappeared in your neighborhood simultaneous to time that the creepy registered sex offender guy who lives two doors down from him suddenly packing up his stuff and moves away....who do you think the cops would be looking at?

The disappearance of TB's website is especially odd given the fact that one of his associates (JC Johnson) is possibly involved?

Biscardi is what he is, but he strikes me as no dummy. I suspect that if Biscardi were going to "mastermind" another hoax, he knows he would have to do so from completely "behind the curtains" so as not to arouse suspicion.

However, he also strikes me as the kind of person who cannot be completely "hands off".....thus the potential reason for involving a surrogate (JC Johnson).

4) - ROBERT LINDSAY: After reading Robert Lindsay's blog....I find myself asking "Who in their right mind would have ever contemplated getting this guy involved in the first place?" Maybe I was confused by the MNBRT interview with Lindsey, but I was left with the impression that a "core group" for lack of a better term, had involved Lindsay early on from a journalistic standpoint with the understanding that he would not speak publicly on the matter until the time was right.

Hello! If they were looking for a serious professional journalist to give embargoed information to...anybody ever heard of Matt Drudge? CNN? Fox News? maybe even the ValPak coupon book guy.........but Robert Frigg'n Lindsay? REALLY? Who thought that was a good idea?

It suspiciously strikes me as tantamount to going up to a fat kid with a Jumbo Snickers bar and saying "Here kid...hold this but don't eat it". You would only do so if you want the fat kid to devour that candy bar for some reason.

What the heck did they think was gonna happen!!??

I seriously hope I am wrong here...because I think a lot of well intentioned, honest peoples' hard work reputations will be smashed if this goes down badly.

Again, let me reiterate: I am not trying to take a swipe at DR or the OP with this post. I just want everyone to be on high alert for Biscardi smoke on the horizon and go into this thing with eyes wide open.

Edited by slabdog

yeah I highly doubt there is any dead bigfoot. I hope im wrong but I feel someone would have went to the news by now not a internet forum. No matter what someone says everyone wants to be remembered for something huge and if you shot a bigfoot or two you would be like neil armstrong famous....this is why no one has seen it but everyone has spoke to the shooter and everyone is very credible. This is what it smells like....crap!! But hey I really hope im wrong

Much ado about nothing but "why?" is the better question. I'm sure there is some devious demented bigfoot world logic behind it that I'm just not seeing. That may actually be a blessing.

It's obvious someone brought Lindsay in, probably because the National Enquirer turned the story down. Now that is really pitiful, y'all.

Poor Richard Stubstad, they used him like a pawn. They took advantage of his sour grapes and got him to talk about that DNA being human just to use that as a platform to insinuate that this old story now had validity because it might be murder. The poor guy has cancer FGS, leave him alone.

So really that is the crux of it. I don't know Derek, but supposedly he has a good reputation. If I were him I would just try to extricate myself from the whole thing simply because the whole premise of the story is so ridiculous.

However, I might just take some of these circumstances and turn it into a novel. It made for entertaining reading but I think I can cook up something a little better as far as a good story is concerned.

BFF Patron

3) - TOM BISCARDI's WEB SITE IS DOWN: Why is Tom Biscardi's website blank? It's not "gone"...it's blank. The timing seems very suspicious. It strikes me as odd that right around the same time that what would appear to be a fantastic and potentially ground breaking BF claim is ready to break.....Biscardi is nowhere to be found. He has even cut off his podcasts.

Imagine if a young kid disappeared in your neighborhood simultaneous to time that the creepy registered sex offender guy who lives two doors down from him suddenly packing up his stuff and moves away....who do you think the cops would be looking at?

The disappearance of TB's website is especially odd given the fact that one of his associates (JC Johnson) is possibly involved?

Why is Tom Biscardi's website blank?

Maybe because he's laughing all the way to the bank? :lol:

I will be the first to admit that I might be a tad bit overly paranoid on this, but this would be my recommendation to Derek and the OP group:

1 - Make an accounting of each and every person that has approached you with information on this incident.

2 - Cross reference all those people with Biscardi to see if they have links or ties

(ex . - JC Johnson - Yes Johnson / Biscardi link, Melba Ketchum - Yes Ketchum / Biscardi link etc etc .....)

3 - If a pattern starts to emerge........start demanding to see, touch, feel, taste the actual physical evidence.

I just hate seeing good people get hoodwinked.

I hated it when it happened to Kulls and I don't want to see it again.

I respect the people that are actually out there doing the hard work (like Derek and Kulls) and it infuriates me to no end that hucksters will try to manipulate that hard work and passion for their own demented goals.

Again....I hope I am waaaaaaay off base.

BFF Patron

So let's see we got a hand, a foot, an eight inch slab of monkey thigh meat......anybody seeing a pattern here? Everybody wants a piece of the action, yah, that's the ticket! :rolleyes:

Remember too as I posted in a different thread that I have two very reliable sources that say there is no BF DNA and the Erickson video's are not even as good as the PG film. I trust these sources.

I find it difficult to believe there is nothing to all of this. If a report has been generated and is out for review, it has to be based on something tangible, testable, and quantifiable.

There is simply no way that a scientist would attempt to fake a paper on "nothing". Not at the expense of their professional credibility and potentially invoking civil and criminal penalties.

Edited: Quoted preceding post. Chris B.

I don't know what they did exactly as far as the study goes, but anything can be put up for peer review. They look at whether you used correct methodology in your study, if you didn't, the the conclusions aren't sound. So we will have to see when she publishes, there will still be controversy on how to interpret the results even if the paper passes peer review.

I find it difficult to believe there is nothing to all of this. If a report has been generated and is out for review, it has to be based on something tangible, testable, and quantifiable.

There is simply no way that a scientist would attempt to fake a paper on "nothing". Not at the expense of their professional credibility and potentially invoking civil and criminal penalties.

I'm track'n you Mulder.....but in order to go along with that, you have to believe that there is actually "a paper" or "research" being peer reviewed at all.

Ketchum isn't publicly saying anything! For all we know, she might not be working on it at all.

I'm sure Saskeptic could likely clue us in better on how those review processes normally play out and if this process has been consistent with standard practice..Maybe he could even be a part of the peer review. That would make me feel a lot better about this whole thing.

By the way...clearly, if Ketchum is stringing us all along, or being completely taken for a ride, her professional reputation will be damaged..... but what criminal penalties could their possibly be?

I don't see Dyer and Whitton in the hoosegow.. and I don't see Ketchum trying to make money on this so there wouldn't appear to be any fraud.

I'll say this...if this is genuine and Dr. Ketchum is following the scientific peer review process, which includes not talking publicly, good for her.

But shame on whoever in that core group included the kook crowd into the "circle of trust".... because they have made this into a maddening three ring circus.

Or maybe all the self proclaimed "heavey hitters" know that this is bull. Going along with it just to keep their names in the mix, then after it's found to be a hoax they all claim they had no idea so they are not considered hoaxers. After all bear hunter has no name so the blame could be put on him and no one would be dealt a biscardi type reputation........btw what makes someone call themself a "heavey hitter"?

Guest RioBravo

Oh really? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4554422.stm

If well respected members of the Bigfoot community know this is a sham, then I think they have a responsibility to say so now and save their friends and fellow researchers from embarrassment.

If they don't, then they are as bad as the hoaxers themselves.

Guest TooRisky

You would think that after so many hoax's by so many who have tried to make money off the public via Sasquatch we of all the people in the world would hold our tongues in judgement till the final official stamped report comes out... No report, well we are back to square one... If the report is pro BF then a nice piece of the puzzle is in place...

I will trust what the lab results state and go from there... And ask that these unreliable "leaks" be kept off the forum for they are no more than rumor and hyperbole...

Guest BFSleuth

Remember too as I posted in a different thread that I have two very reliable sources that say there is no BF DNA and the Erickson video's are not even as good as the PG film. I trust these sources.

Gosh! I guess problem solved.

Apparently we can trust you without hearing your actual evidence? <_<