Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Interersting that it came back bear, didn't Dr. Meldrum and Mionczynski initial examination say it was coyote ?

Personally the "steak" picture was not what I expected it to look like. I was was expecting something more so along the Hovey photo "real or fabricated" although the steak photo is similiar to Matilda "real or fabricated" !

Stinky

Shoot and all this time I thought it was trombones?

Took me awhile...<chuckle> We are all just waiting for the big parade to really begin...until then its just a few folks throwing out some candy...

Well I remember the photo from the beginning of this saga and thought at the time this was obviously cut from something much larger.

Which called into question the blown out piece of flesh that was suggested, unless of course J was using a RPG or bazooka.

The picture IIRC is of the submitted sample, which obviously would have been cut from the larger sample from the site.

Guest reelback

^^^ Cerv, that has me scratching my head too...like this whole thing. Pretty obvious what that is^^^

The only thing I can come up with is that the sample pictured above is a shill, and there was another very different sample given to other folks...add that up with the holes and story changes in the story and I just don't know what to think. It all leaves a bad and distrustful taste in my mouth, regardless of the possible truths involved.

Do some math on the probability of that being true. Almost 0 if you ask me. Just look at all the things that would have to happen for this to take place.

For example, a 6 sided die, chances of rolling a 6 are 1 in 6. Now what are the chances of rolling 6 twice in a row? 1 in 36. 3 times? 1 in 216. A fourth? 1 in 1296. And 5? Almost 1 in 8000.

The chances that there was a real sample, that someone got a hold of a piece of bear, that they then swapped that sample, then it was being hidden somewhere, then it was handed out to be analyzed for some unknown reason, then stories were changed, on and on... 1 in a million.

But they did not take the sample from the actual body. It was a piece of scrap flesh that they found at the site that they thought might have come from one of the bodies.

And the chances that a piece of bear just happened to be in the same spot?

Guest Cervelo

The picture IIRC is of the submitted sample, which obviously would have been cut from the larger sample from the site.

If you say so ;) and thanks for stating the obvious....obviously :)

I have not sen this disseminated anywhere else on the forums, so forgive me if it was linked to/posted in the fast and furious reactions yesterday - JS released reaction (via handlers at Team Tazer):

"Thank you all who have followed my story the past 2 years. "Its been a fun one". I receive many emails from you all each week and will say 95 percent are positive and for that I thank you. I have met a lot of great people and we have had some good times.

I am relieved that now you all know the truth about the sample recovered in the Sierras on November 10th 2010. I was giving false confidence in that sample just like the rest of you. To be totally honest I've been kind of excited about this release knowing the truth can't hurt.

I can assure you with only my word this changes nothing about what happened on the eighth day of October in 2010.

For now I'll spare you the lengthy details. I will have plenty to say in the next few days when I do a release of my own.

Forgive me if I dont go on the defensive or worry about damage control. Truthfully I don't feel like I'm the one who owes you all an explanation for the results released today.

People in this circle have said things in private and done things behind closed doors that they will have to be held accountable for very soon.

Yall seem to be a lot more worked up about all this then I am. Trust me I'm resting easy, I feel sure I'm living with character. I've done all I can do for now to bring you the truth about this incident. I'll look forward to sharing more with you soon. - Justin Smeja"

BFF Patron

Interesting sentiments, didn't know he had "handlers" though.

Guest VioletX

Thanks Notgiganto,

I posted the links late last night, but most people did not see it.

I am wondering what he means by a release, why it will be"in a fewdays", and what form it will be in.

It sounds to me like it is not directed at his inner circle, but at others, maybe he will let us know here ...

I believe it was posted by Justin himself at the Team Tazer FB page.

Guest slimwitless

Interersting that it came back bear, didn't Dr. Meldrum and Mionczynski initial examination say it was coyote ?

Personally the "steak" picture was not what I expected it to look like. I was was expecting something more so along the Hovey photo "real or fabricated" although the steak photo is similiar to Matilda "real or fabricated" !

Yeah. Meldrum, Mionczynski, the mysterious Ginger3 (in the Henner Fahrenbach hair thread) and Matt Moneymaker all suggest this thing appeared canid. Then the "steak" photo comes out and Guy Edwards (among others) say it looks like a black bear. Interestingly, Ketchum denies the photo looks like the sample she received.

Strange goings-on in BFLand.

He has made statements via reps for quite a long time now, correct? (first the Olympic Project, then Team Tazer....) Appears he has been somewhat"handled" by others to me...for damage control purposes....

Thus my use of the term handlers - I remember when he was openly posting on this forum, but then suddenly he was making statements through others...I dunno, just my take. As always, I could be wrong.

Question is, who is being taken here? (Besides all of us)...

Oh, and sorry V, I hadn't seen where you posted. My bad. I figured that since i hadn't seen the statement itself, there might be others...

Edited by notgiganto

Guest VioletX

I should have posted the text, lol, theh maybe people would have seen it...I actually posted it in the other 2 threads.

I get what you are saying, and even if he does not have "handlers", there is a cliquish element it seems with TT...

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Please do not quote the post directly preceeding

BFF Patron

Remember we're still waiting for the book version of events. "A few days".

I should have posted the text, lol, theh maybe people would have seen it...I actually posted it in the other 2 threads.

I get what you are saying, and even if he does not have "handlers", there is a cliquish element it seems with TT...

I just can't take much of anything seriously that comes from a BF research group called "Team Tazer." Sorry, just my opinion (great name guys, are there superhero costumes to go with the name?)...Just doesn't inspire confidence that they are scientifically, professionally, critically and seriously investigating BF. That said, they are likely going out and doing more than little- ole-armchair me, so I am a bit a hypocrite in my criticism. I recognize that. I got no dog in this fight, so it is time to just sit back and watch the whole mess (and I think it will be) unfold....

Edit to add: Good buzz before a book release, as bipedalist mentioned

Edited by notgiganto