Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

"There is no Bigfoot, no shootings, no bodies and no Bigfoot "slice-of-thigh" or any other body part forthcoming. My sources are irrefutable. There IS no DNA. There is no (to say the least) convincing Erickson video. Isn't there..." - WTB1

So how much time do you require? The same, more, or less than Ketchum? I will wait over here in the corner holding my breath.

Thanks to SouthernYahoo...

You missed the sarcasm when I posted it. When I posted that there was a certain someone who has their own blog posting all sorts of fantastical claims with no references or backup sources. I posted that to point out the sheer non-sense of such posts.

However, I will say this, I believe there is no Bigfoot, no shootings, no bodies and no Bigfoot "slice-of-thigh" or any other body part forthcoming. There IS no DNA. There is no (to say the least) convincing Erickson video. Isn't there..

Guest Crowlogic

The sample has already been tested, and they do know the results. They have just chosen to not share them with you yet. The General said it was "tried and true". If you look at this from the Olympic Project's point of view, it's pretty clear that they are fairly confident about the whole episode. It's safe to say they are serious researchers with a very good reputation. Why bring The General on staff, and have months go by with him still touting his story? Then after it's clear they have results, he is still associated with them. If those results had came back negative, or suspicious, it's safe to assume they would have begun distancing themselves from him. Just give them some time. If this ends up being a hoax of the highest order, you will have forever to shout, "I told you so!!", and all of those associated with the fiasco will be permanently tarnished.

Remember the Georgia Boys stated emphatically that they had a dead bigfoot in their freezer. Anybody can say anything and when it comes to bigfoot that holds doubly true. But let's look at the Georgia Boys again. They knew from the start that they were hoaxing this yet they had no trouble assuring the world that they had the real thing. Yet we know they were hoaxing it. Sad to say after reading the account of the SS shooting I concluded that the shooting itself wasn't even a good account that raised even more red flags. Remember this is bigfoot lore we're talking about and the foundation of bigfoot lore is built upon a proofless collection tales where virtually anything goes and frequently does. Also let's not forget that as the Georgia Boys were yanking our chains there was to other camp who had the bigfoot stranded on the island up north. Those folks too assured the world that this was 100% the real deal.

Let's assume for a moment that the shooter went back and dug up a piece of flesh and submits it for testing. Let's assume that the testing gets completed which is where we're at now. Now bearing in mind that this is bigfoot lore there isn't going to be a true payoff. There never is and we have decades bigfoot lore backing this up. So the good Dr Ketchum had already bailed on her Oct 1st engagement and there we have a nasty first crack in the facade. If we use the history of bigfoot evidence lore as a model (and why shouldn't we) then in the end the dog is going to have eaten the homework.

Crowlogic- Quit frankly Crowlogic, Dr. Ketchum doesn't really need to account to us speculators about where the research is and I doubt it very seroiusly that she would let this type of speculation muddy her mind at this time. As it has been stately by myself and many other bloggers here that when the time is right we will know where the chips fall . Not to say your points are well taken but IMHO we can spin our wheels from here till next year and then the peer review will( or not ) show us what they have; plus to mention the book. if we all show some patience it may help for calm minds to pervay. ptangier

Guest slimwitless

I'm surprised people fell for the "Georgia Boys" story. Didn't anyone bother to look at their YouTube videos? Anyway Crow, your opinion is duly noted. Care to speculate how this hoax went down and who exactly is in on it?

Here's one thought experiment. General tells a tall tale on Taxidermy.net. Ken Walker buys it (or he's in on it too). He finds a researcher with a stellar reputation and puts him in touch with General. Randles cautiously accepts the story as told by General and the driver (the two rehearsed for hours to get the details just right - the driver is a veteran all right, but of community theater). Anyway, a piece of coyote is then sent to Ketchum. Either through sheer incompetence or as a belated April Fools joke she tells Randles and company it's a sasquatch. Randles buys in. General spits beer through his nose. He can't believe his good fortune. Now he can befriend a team of bigfooters and regularly head out into the woods searching for the sasquai. But wait! General is originally from Texas. Maybe he's Ketchum's nephew and the two are playing Randles like a finely tuned Stradivarius. Or maybe Randles and General are working together. The DNA came back coyote but knowing Ketchum is too busy to refute their claims, they take it on the road. Instead of going to Fox "News" they hit a fringe Internet forum to drum up publicity. Literally dozens of people are interested. Talk about a payday!

There are a couple possibilities there. What do you think happened?

Edited by slimwitless

SSR Team

If we use the history of bigfoot evidence lore as a model (and why shouldn't we) then in the end the dog is going to have eaten the homework.

Absolutely, still doesn't account for what i saw in Florida all those Years ago though nor the hundreds if not thousands of others that have seen these things however.. ;)

Payday huh?? Wow,still haven't seen that money yet. LOL It's so hard for people to believe that we are serious researchers with good true intentions. We are! This isn't Georgia , that I will promise you, and we sure as hell aren't the Georgia boys. You'll see.

Please correct me if I am wrong. But it seems to me that you are personally verifying that an actual bf was shot by a bear hunter and dna studies has been conducted confirming the existence of bf. It seems like you know this as fact. Or is this second hand knowledge that you have received from someone else and all that you can verify is that someone else told you this. Is this what you were told, or is this what you "know"? Otherwise, I could just as easily say, "This is a hoax, and they have chosen not to let you in on it yet." If you have already answered this please forgive. I am just curious as to your source.

Have to agree whats your source?

The sample has already been tested, and they do know the results. They have just chosen to not share them with you yet. The General said it was "tried and true". If you look at this from the Olympic Project's point of view, it's pretty clear that they are fairly confident about the whole episode. It's safe to say they are serious researchers with a very good reputation. Why bring The General on staff, and have months go by with him still touting his story? Then after it's clear they have results, he is still associated with them. If those results had came back negative, or suspicious, it's safe to assume they would have begun distancing themselves from him. Just give them some time. If this ends up being a hoax of the highest order, you will have forever to shout, "I told you so!!", and all of those associated with the fiasco will be permanently tarnished.

Well all I have to say if true then why is Tom Biscardi still going strong?

Excellent reply Derek :) I agree completely, there are many researchers out there just doing the work and spending countless amounts of money all for the sake of the research without expecting any kind of PAY DAY! And I have no doubt that you are as serious as they come!

Edited by Sasky

Guest slimwitless

Payday huh?? Wow,still haven't seen that money yet. LOL It's so hard for people to believe that we are serious researchers with good true intentions. We are! This isn't Georgia , that I will promise you, and we sure as hell aren't the Georgia boys. You'll see.

I hope it was obvious I was joking.

On Edit: I was trying to point out that I can't construct a reasonable scenario for a hoax. No, this ain't the Georgia boys.

Edited by slimwitless

Guest parnassus

I hope it was obvious I was joking.

On Edit: I was trying to point out that I can't construct a reasonable scenario for a hoax. No, this ain't the Georgia boys.

I can't construct ANY reasonable scenario. Here is the one that comes closest: whenever Ketchum gets a human result she sends out a report saying:

"This DNA tests positive for human markers but has several differences from the usual human and is similar to other specimens we have received. We and five other labs are running further tests on your specimen and a large number of others. If this pattern continues to be seen in other specimens we will be able to prove statistically that this is from a bigfoot. Be patient...we are on the right track. "

Guest slimwitless

Parn, do you think General and DerekFoot are behaving in a manner consistent with receiving a report that their sample came back human?

I think it basically boils down to - "wheres the beef?" So to speak. You can only pull on someones leg for so long before they kick you.

I can't construct ANY reasonable scenario. Here is the one that comes closest: whenever Ketchum gets a human result she sends out a report saying:

"This DNA tests positive for human markers but has several differences from the usual human and is similar to other specimens we have received. We and five other labs are running further tests on your specimen and a large number of others. If this pattern continues to be seen in other specimens we will be able to prove statistically that this is from a bigfoot. Be patient...we are on the right track. "

Consider this a "Plus"

I can assure you I'm not trying to attempt researcher suicide. I've been in this for a long time, over half my life. I do take this very seriously. Why in Gods name would we be trying to pull the wool over anyone eyes? Please don't forget, we would not even be talking about this event if it wouldn't have been leaked by Lindsay. Where's the beef? The beef is in the study. We have no control over when it's released to the world. That is up to Melba. I know the results, and I trust her completely. Those are the facts. Everything I've said on this form is true, and I'd take a lie detector test right now, tomorrow or whenever. How the study is received remains to be seen. I have no control over that either.

If any of you here on this forum have worked with me you'd know I'm a very honest person and very true to my field of research. I have 0 tolerance for BS. People have the right to be skeptical, and I respect most peoples opinion, but to think that we're doing this for some money making scheme is laughable. In fact it's hilarious! I work closely with one of the richest men in California, yet I've NEVER asked him for one penny. This is not about money, it's about the truth. It's a sad state of affairs when nobody believes that someone is acting for the right reasons.

I sleep well at night.

DR