Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

BFF Patron

Increasingly, the whole thing does depend on the Ketchum paper; otherwise, I'm simply seeing another scenario of a lot of bibliophiles interested in BF having their field day. Certainly hope it came down the way it has been described; yet when taxidermy is a skill-set of persons involved many other scenarios seem to also play like a movie in people's heads (first and most predictable thing I must say--and, it's the way it worked for me until details were shared).

SSR Team

This is for General and Driver:

Assuming this incident occurred the way it's been portrayed, Why was the "juvenile" BF body not collected and brought in to local authorities by either of you immediately after the alleged shooting? It seems strange that one would shoot and kill an unknown hairy biped and then leave it behind. I'm really curious about the thought behind this decision or lack of concern because, if this actually happened and you two are experienced hunters, there would be very little doubt that this was a Bigfoot, right?

The problems I have with this story are:

1) "Hunters" most likely would have collected the body of this unknown creature and brought it to the attention of the authorities or at the very least had the authority respond to the area to review the incident and collect the body. Even a claim of self-defense against an unknown, robust hairy biped would most likely be enough to belay any criminal charges. Both of you would have certainly known, after it was dead, that it was a Bigfoot versus any other animal in the area.

2) Even a regular Joe who happened to blast a BF would at minimum find a way to photograph or take video of the thing. We live in an era where you can hardly even find a cell phone that doesn't have a camera built in, do either of you have a cell phone?

3) Driver, I understand that you were very angry with General after he allegedly shot the two Bigfoots. What prevented you alone from contacting the authorities to report the incident?

I'm pretty open-minded but I'm just trying to understand how and why due diligence was somehow avoided in this incident, by two experienced Hunters.

They can deny it for whatever reasons until the Cows come home but i'm adamant that the reasons that all of what you asked above didn't occur MB, is because that is in fact exactly what they DID do..

Gray Jay,

you're right. We sure don't need to be talking about this here or anywhere right now, but we did choose to talk about it here. We spoke up only because of the highly inaccurate Lindsay leak. I have also been honest with every question answered. It's not that I don't want to answer questions, it's just the reactions to all the answers that's hard to take. Do we stick around to satisfy a few people, or would it be smarter to just shut up. It's been said on this thread before. I don't owe any of you anything, PERIOD. The reason I've hung around at all is because of the nice positive people here. If someone is being nice and sincere, it's hard to turn your back.

So many more researchers, good ones would come to this forum to talk about their work if it was a safe place to do so, but I know SEVERAL that will have nothing to do with it because of all the sarcasm and negativity. You guys want all these question answered, but soon as they are all the hyena's come out and start circling. Why put yourself through that? It makes you go into defense mode, and you just start defending yourself. I did not get into research for this. I got in because I wanted to learn more about what I saw in 1985. I am trying to hang out and answer questions that don't violate our NDA, for now, but I am close to the end of my rope.

And for all of you who assume I, or we are in this for the money, guess again. What money????? The book was NOT OUR IDEA!!! We were approached by someone who wants to document this accurately. I'm so sick of the money accusations I could puke!! Have any of you been to my web site? Does it look like we are trying to sell anything??

DR

Guest Thepattywagon

The money would not have been in a book. It would be in a recovered body, and a seasoned hunter like General would know immediately that what he had in his possession (the little one) was invaluable.

You're donating the story to the author then I assume? We hate to be critical of any researcher, especially ones that post here. But, without a release or "proof" that all this happened, that's all we can do is speculate and question if it happened or not.

If you want a forum that limits the questions folks curious about Bigfoot can ask, it is out there. BFRO blue forums. Which if I am not mistaken, DR you are a member of that group? The story broke from Lindsay, and we ask questions. Maybe instead of being mad at us for being curious, you could find out who leaked it to Lindsay and be mad at them.

Just posting as a regular member on this one..... :)

No one is ever required to provide information on the internet they don't wish to. Folks do try to be helpful, but any inside info we've been given is a 'gift', in that with the multitude of bigfoot websites out there Derekfoot, Driver, and the General can post anywhere and have chosen to graciously answer questions here. They for obvious reasons are in hot demand right now so I'm happy they've picked us to share what they can. They didn't have too.

They didn't choose the BFF for a platform, they made a choice to defend a distorted version of their story that was posted here on the BFF prior to the question/answer session. To continue this conversation of course would be their choice, but it makes you wonder why they bother at this point.

• Upvote 1

Admin

They can deny it for whatever reasons until the Cows come home but i'm adamant that the reasons that all of what you asked above didn't occur MB, is because that is in fact exactly what they DID do..

Just the same Bob, IF they CAN answer and it doesn't violate any agreements they have, I'd prefer to hear some responses from those two gentlemen.

I believe that the majority of the membership here is very appreciative to these three gentlemen for coming here and straightening out some of the speculation, I certainly am as well.

That's a great point Jodie, thank you for that...

Masterbarber, if you would like to talk to me further about this stuff please feel free to contact me, and I very much appreciate your attitude. I'm easy to get a hold of through my web site, and that goes for anybody else that would like to talk respectively about this. Please be patient though, I spend a lot of time in the woods. I'll get back to you as fast as I can.

Peace,

DR

Admin

Thank you Derek, I'll certainly do that.

Hoosierfoot, before I take off, No, I'm not a member of the BFRO, so yes you are mistaken. I'm not mad at anybody here, just disappointed and a little tired of defending myself. I'll live, no biggie.

As far as the mechanics of the book are concerned, that really isn't any of your business. The important thing about the book is it will tell the story in it's entirety. If the book became popular, and God forbid everybody involved made a dollar, well then fantastic!! If you knew about books then you'd realize there is not much money to be made. The importance of the story far outweighs the pennys that any of us might make. That's the truth, can you handle that?? I've invested a butt ton of money into my research in the last two decades. I don't think I'll ever re-coup even a decent percentage of it, and that's ok with me. I knew when I got into this that was the deal.

Later,

DR

The important thing about the book is it will tell the story in it's entirety. If the book became popular, and God forbid everybody involved made a dollar, well then fantastic!!

I FULLY agree with that statement. It sounds like if money were to come of this, ALL involved would make a few bucks. I believe that is the right thing, and I applaud you!

Thank you for your efforts on this, and I for one can't wait to hear the whole story when it comes out, in whatever medium that may be.

Sorry to have rolled you in with the BFRO Derek. And the upcoming book is my business.......... I need to know if I should look for it in the fiction or non-fiction section at the book store if you expect folks like me to buy it. I don't begrudge anyone from making a dollar either. Make as much as you can whenever you can. Just don't claim "what money?" when there is a potential for money to made here. If the book sells. Of course for the book to sell, Melba has to pull through because you can't release the book until she is done.

My main point is this: this story is not another blobsquatch. It's "two Bigfoot were shot and evidence taken.". That's a huge story and will undoubtedly draw a huge audience here. The story leaked out before you wanted it to. It happens. Look at politics for example, big stories always leak. That's not my problem. That's a you problem. Whoever you told to keep their daggum mouth shut didn't.

I think my posts get lost in translation because I touch on two different topics within the same posts. First, I will buy the book without a doubt! I'm just curious of the details, and was taking a shot in the dark. I know it's none of my business. Just didn't know how much info DR was willing to provide.

Two...None of my comments about the intent of anything were based towards D. They were directed towards Gen, and the driver. For as huge of a scenario/story it is, they seem to be a little too ho-hum/non-chalant about it. That's all. It raises questions. I, personally, would capitalize on it to the fullest extent. So would most. The story just seems to have holes. I guess the book can take care of that. I believe they have DNA, but to downplay the significance of it just doesn't fit the M.O of someone who made such an important discovery. I'm not levying any personal attacks towards anyone, especially not DR. It's just the more posts the two involved put out there, the more red flags in raises for me personally. Good luck on the book, though, and I hope you kill it!

Guest believer

A piece of flesh certainly doesn't stir emotions like a mother and her young when it comes to the non-bigfoot caring public.

I have mentioned this to the people I know who could care less about bigfoot and the main response was why? But these are the same folks who before had said show me one dead or alive.

I hope we are looked upon as the generation who protected them with enacted laws and raising awareness.

Family groups are to be cared for.

The Father always brings good from evil acts.

Dave

Today's post on bigfootevidence.com has a post about the Sierra topic. Interesting read. Claims to have interviewed Justin, and reports he has not signed any NDA with anyone. Also reports the driver is his neighbor. Any truth to either if these? Also reports about the current effort to try and camera trap a squatch in the area by Justin/Olympic Project.