Could It Be That Bigfoot Is Paranormal?

Guest para ape

I have studied woodwose (wudwosa) stories and related European stories. The stories I read that most closely relate to bigfoot attributes are the tales of the Big Grey Man of Ben MacDhul:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_liath

Many European cultures have stories of hairy men who live in the forests. The goblin/troll/monster stories often seem to refer to hairy woodland beasts, but I'm not sure if it refers to a manlike creature or a more fictional creation.

Guest HairyGreek

@John T - very interesting. This could be a very early (and for obvious reasons unscientific) look at Sasquatch in Europe. I will look more into the several topics and the link you posted. Thank you for the info. I am looking for a common and continuing thread here. How wild would it be if these creatures fled east across an ice age frozen Bering Strait with Asians in tow as slaves/breeders? Those slaves eventually fighting back and winning freedom and chasing these hairy giants into the woods for good with superior numbers. I know that is THE kookiest idea stated on this thread yet, but it would make a great book and matches well with Indian tales of battling Giants and worshiping (after a fashion) the "Wildman". LOL. I love the idea. Is their a novelist in the house? :D

xspider1 - glad you are enjoying the discussion and AWESOME pic in that response. ROFL. I am glad someone understands it is OK for one or two threads to have a more...eclectic taste to them. Imagination makes the world go 'round. :lol:

Guest texansquatchhunter13

Well, interruption here, The floating/gliding thing was that most of these indian tribes smoked some sort of plant and maybe caused them to hallucinate, and also this idea with there glowing eyes, have you never shined a light near an animal? if so did their eyes shine? come on does this mean my dog is a ghost? and technically bigfoot is paranormal, just not of the ghostly or alien type. The disappearing thing is that if you have ever heard the term "squatchy area" it normally means lots of placed to hide and virtually disappear into a shadow or behind a tree. the tracks just appearing thing is, most tracks found are found in forzen or hard ground where there is little chance for a footprint to be found so if they have just stepped into a patch of mud or softer terrain, then it could have looked as if it had just "appeared." The shivers thing: coincidental sicknesses. Don't have to be a genius to figure that out. I do not think you have done enough research to call it paranormal, but it is an interesting idea.

Maybe the word: paranormal itself is just mis-understood:

from dictionary.com:

par·a·nor·mal  adjective

of or pertaining to the claimed occurrence of an event or perception without scientific explanation...

Not that anyone couldn't have looked that up on their own but, by definition, it seems that Bigfoot is, at least presently, paranormal. When 'science' can explain the many true reports of creatures resembling Bigfoot then we can say that they are not paranormal.

Guest HairyGreek

You get it xspider1. Or at least get the reason why I won't totally discount what most on this forum considers the "paranormal" kind.

Well wouldn't BF be crptozology, not paranormal?

Ya see? There you go, asking pertinent, unanswered questions of Para-Ape.

Hey, Para! Do ya have anything to add to these questions?. Dontcha want to add some quality opinion to your well-documented, omnipresent position?

C'mon, you're the starter of soooo many threads: engage and discuss a little more of your belief. Don't continue proving yourself that one-tricker.

Guest HairyGreek

Looks like this thread (to the the delight of many) is slowly bleeding out...

texansquatchhunter13 does make a good point, though not knowing it. If more threads of this nature are to be made, perhaps the cryptozoology area would be more apropos.

Edited by HairyGreek

Dang it, Tim. My monitor required a good cleaning, anyway. And the nasal spray of rum and coke proved an effective cleanser.