Could It Be That Bigfoot Is Paranormal?

Guest para ape

Mountains are created by tectonic plates pushing together, which I am fairly certain is closely related to fault line activity in some way as well.

I'm not disputing that many BF sightings correspond with fault lines, I just think it has more to do with the land structures that fault lines and tectonic activity creates as opposed to any type of paranormal energy created by fault lines.

I don't see any mountains on the Mississippi River or in most of South Carolina, but there are fault lines there and plenty of bigfoot sightings. It may not be related but I noticed it when I started looking at BF map sightings and the same maps you are showing here when all of that seismic activity was going on in Arkansas. Am I right? I think so, but it's just my opinion. There are many faults that have activity that are not considered high risk and are not on the map you are showing. It's better too look at the recent earthquake maps in correlation to areas of high bigfoot sightings.

http://folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu/recenteqs/

I don't see any mountains on the Mississippi River or in most of South Carolina, but there are fault lines there and plenty of bigfoot sightings. It may not be related but I noticed it when I started looking at BF map sightings and the same maps you are showing here when all of that seismic activity was going on in Arkansas. Am I right? I think so, but it's just my opinion. There are many faults that have activity that are not considered high risk and are not on the map you are showing. It's better too look at the recent earthquake maps in correlation to areas of high bigfoot sightings.

http://folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu/recenteqs/

Missouri River - Ozark "mountain" region (Missouri / Arkansas area)

South Carolina - Appalachian system with all its associated mountain regions

I'm not a geology expert...and I'm not arguing with you...I just think that the correlation has more to do with desolate mountainous / HILLY geography than anything else

You need to look deeper and in more detail at the seismic activity and follow it awhile, rather than drawing any kind of conclusion based on what you are currently looking at. Most reports of bigfoot sightings here are not in the two or three counties in the north corner of SC that have mountains.

BFF Patron

Mountains can have folding/upthrust without faults.....I think that is what some of the confusion is.

Some faults can be near mountains however.....I'm thinking the Brevard fault starting up outside NC mtns for example and running

down into Georgia.

BFRO expeditions have been run in both coastal and mountainous SC (or soon will have been). Sightings are in both locations.

And yes there are small tremors and earthquakes that originate in the mtns of SC so it is not a sterile area.

Personally, I think paranormal BF is at home wherever it wants to be. :lol:

It doesn't have to originate around faults, earthquake zones, mountains, etc.

If (hopefully when) a full natural history of the ethology of BF ever comes to pass.....we will find them in a multitude of environments not tied to any geologic zone. I have seen the theories on the internet about granite, earthquakes, etc. and I think the verdict is still out but they are still interesting theories.

JMHO

Jodie:

I'm not saying that fault lines are paranormal BF magnets. (far from it!)

I'm not saying that all fault lines result in mountains.

I am saying is that I think that if BF sightings are allegedely prevalent near fault lines, that probably has more to do with the fact that those fault lines and sightings locations coorespond with areas that are wooded and sparsely populated (such as woods, hilly country and mountains).

If I'm wrong, and there are a plethora of BF sightings along a fault line that that runs right through the middle of heavily populated city (and BF are spotted in the alley ways) or a desert (and BF are spotted hiding behind cactus) than I will stand corrected (I think :huh: )

My intention was more to agree with where I thought you were going with your thought process

. It could be a coincidence that this is a natural occurrence in bigfoot habitat. I don't why bigfoot would be attracted to areas with this kind of geological activity, if that is what it is.

..than to disagree with you. I agree with you that it would be a coincidence.

Not a paranormal BF attraction to a fault line.

Edited by slabdog

Oh OK, I see what you are saying. But there are more BF sightings in SC on my river and Edisto than in the mountains. In that case it might be related to food, water, more people on the water to see them than in the mountains.

Oh OK, I see what you are saying. But there are more BF sightings in SC on my river and Edisto than in the mountains. In that case it might be related to food, water, more people on the water to see them than in the mountains.

Wait, I'm in SC not far from the Edisto. Can you direct me to info about sightings there? Are they near Givhans Ferry State Park, by any chance?

Guest wild eyed willy

WEW- I'm beating a dead horse here but ESP is more related to time slips and time dissonance.

http://www.snakelyone.com/Future%20Memory.htm

Please don't make me read any more books.

One thing that was missing in the paper you sent is how close her actuall life was to the experiance she lived through at her desk. ( or did I miss that part?)

One might argue the point that her experiance put the idea into her head.. If it had not been for that daydream, she may never have even considered the idea.

I think the fact that the woman was very into this type of stuff even before she had her event might speak volumes..

But in the end, I don't know..This is the first such report of this type of experiance I have ever read..my viewpoint at this point is UNDECIDED :D

the rest of your post I didn't understand at all, can you better explain? :wacko:

Guest para ape

To disbelieve that bigfoot is paranormal in any way without stopping to actually see if it's true or not is being closed-minded.This closed-mindedness is the very reason the bigfoot community doesn't know what the creature is to this day.

Unlike the flesh and blood researchers,paranormal researchers open-mindedly take a look into the stranger reports and don't automatically dismiss them just because they go against their personal beliefs.

Just like ufo researcher Dr.J Allen Hynek said,"the part that we ignore may contain the clue to the whole subject."

Guest wild eyed willy

Maybe someday, somebody will prove it to everybody's satisfaction. Until then, I'm not trying to convince anybody. There's no point to it, & I'm not offended by people who don't believe what we are saying. Life goes on, no matter who believes & who doesn't.

To each his own & all that. :)

your absolutly right. One thing I found interesting while researching from this thread is that there are even some people who believe the world is flat... I was amazed, but your right, life goes on.

What I can't figure out is why we ( all of us) are so pasionate about what we believe to be true.. Its almost like we become posesed and have this insatable need to show others our way of thinking... I wonder if this is a human trait?

Let me say that I don't know any BFs and I have never been close to any that I know of and I have absolutly no idea what they have as far as tallents or abilities, but I have had a wonderfull time trying to convince you that your way of thinking is completely wrong. :D

Guest wild eyed willy

To disbelieve that bigfoot is paranormal in any way without stopping to actually see if it's true or not is being closed-minded.This closed-mindedness is the very reason the bigfoot community doesn't know what the creature is to this day.

Unlike the flesh and blood researchers,paranormal researchers open-mindedly take a look into the stranger reports and don't automatically dismiss them just because they go against their personal beliefs.

Just like ufo researcher Dr.J Allen Hynek said,"the part that we ignore may contain the clue to the whole subject."

It makes more sence to me to look for the answer in the realm of what I know is possible before looking for a paranormal explaination.

Not closed minded, just not distracted by the wilder side of things..if the answers can't be forund in the normal, I'll look to the paranormal next.. but not untill i feel the normal has been studied complelely.

Edited by wild eyed willy

There is likely a lot of truth in this statement, including with respect to bigfoot. Not just in regards to paranormal but even with another taboo topic that many feel is entirely misunderstood and should not be ignored out of hand. One which paranormal may even be part of.

Guest krakatoa

Re. Jodie & Slabdog.

My feelings run along these lines from O' Brother, seeing myself as Delmar :D...

Pete: Wait a minute. Who elected you leader of this outfit?

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote.

Pete: Suits me. I'm voting for yours truly.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well I'm voting for yours truly too.

[Everett and Pete look at Delmar for the deciding vote]

Delmar O'Donnell: Okay... I'm with you fellas.

Edited by krakatoa

I'm not asking you to dismiss them. I'm asking you to prove the paranormal exists beyond a shadow of doubt before I can jump onboard this theory. I need empirical evidence that would pass scientfic scrutiny. I ask the same of my physical evidence. How can I not apply the same standards to metaphysical evidence?