Could It Be That Bigfoot Is Paranormal?

Guest para ape

Here's one of the main issues I have with the Para-squatch theory. If the being is so ethereal that bullets can pass right through it and it can pass in and out of our plane of existence at will, how can it leave foot prints and be captured on film and audio? It has to have some sort of physical manifestation to effect the physical world we live in. Ghosts / Spirits don't leave footprints. Also, if Bigfoot floats in the air as claimed in some reports, how does it leave footprints? Even if your a die hard ghost believer, you realize that the only thing that spirits leave behind is the visual or auditory traces. Take Ghost Hunters, they have never had a show where a ghost left tracks.

Poltergeist leave evidence. We had one take giant bites out of the tomatoes ripening on the kitchen windowsill. It also stole my grandmother's partial and hid in a ceiling light fixture. It must have had an oral fixation of some type. :lol:

...............Take Ghost Hunters, they have never had a show where a ghost left tracks.

well, actually they have ...link to tv guide ghost hunters page , read the one for "Houses of the Holy", they found a supposed spirit foot print burned into a wooden floor.

it was an interesting episode.

but it didn't convince me Casper & BFs hang out together or have a lot in commonwink.gif

Edited by slicktrick

It also stole my grandmother's partial and hid in a ceiling light fixture. It must have had an oral fixation of some type. :lol:

When we've had weird things happen, they're often 'funny'. When ever my oldest would come home from the Army, or back from Iraq, we'd have strange things happen,usually a phantom cat we once had, then when he was discharged and came back home to live, one day, his wallet came up missing. I helped him go thru his room, his dresser, his bed, his clothes, and finally the rest of the house and car. Finally, he called me to "come here". I found him standing at his door in the hall. He pointed to middle of his floor, and lying right there in the center of the floor was his wallet. It was NOT there the whole time we had been looking for it, as we had walked in and out of his room for more than 30 minutes.

I bet bigfoot took it. ;)

I think a big problem is that there is no single definition of what paranormal means. Not to mention it is being interpreted by the human definition, which we may not be equipped to do because we don't fully understand the varying concepts ourselves.

The simple difference between a spiritual entity and a trans-dimensional entity as Jerry mentions, can mean different capabilities for each. Of which we don't know what they are. There could be other options as well that are beyond description from our existing life experience. Then what is a spiritual being actually? Good? Evil? Are there other types? Then there is the alien concept. What cool tools to disappear would they have if alien? lol

Then there this idea that if a body is found, then it discounts them as being paranormal, that idea really doesn't prove anything. Who is to say that a being who enters this dimension from another can't be physically injured while here? Whose to say they aren't just as solid of matter like us as well when here? Likewise, just because they eat and leave tracks does not discount that they could be from another dimension either. Why wouldn't beings from other dimensions not need to eat? If you were able to travel to another dimension, why would you not need to eat? lol Just because bigfoot don't show themselves in urban areas doesn't discount what they are either. Their nature, whatever they actually are, definitely expresses themselves as being more comfortable in the wilds. Maybe they are simply able to let loose there without all our gawking and screaming? They are clearly aware that we don't usually react well to their presence. lol

Several months ago I shared an experience I had once near my location of major encounter and study. This is when I was alone and heard a WHOMP!! of feet landing on dirt about 30 feet away. But I couldn't see anything. But I could swear I could see steps coming towards me and could also feel a strong presence with their advance. I won't ever forget that. I can't explain it but it sure felt real. Then before I knew it, something BLEW in my face a VERY sweet skunk-like smell that was very pleasant. This smell had an immediate calming effect on me as I had sat down. I mean it was overwhelming and I felt zero threat from what ever was standing there in front of me. Then it did it again and I was at complete peace with this entity, whatever it was. So I gave a big smile and reached into my bag and left a big pile of plums on the log I was sitting on. I then decided it was time to go and just continued my walk around this small lake to the trail I would need to take back. Before leaving I could not say I verified the tracks either because I didn't investigate the path it approached as I was feeling more respectful of that experience then to do that. I guess because of that experience, I do wonder if they need to be visible in order to leave tracks. Sorry I don't have an explanation.

The funny thing is, I returned there again later that Summer but I could not find that log I sat on for the life of me. We're only talking about a 5 acre lake too and the side these logs were on were limited area too. So that was one part of that mystery that throws me. Almost as if I was the one who passed thru something. Heck, some young bigfoot was probably laughed at by her friends on the other side when she tried telling them of this being she saw. lol I say female because of the pleasant sweet smell.

I have just experienced too may unexplainable events during some of my encounters to close my mind to something else going on. I try to consider all aspects too because we only cheat ourselves by not being able to do so.

BTW, tonight on ABC there is a program on Psychic Phenomenon. Don't know if there will be any parallels but may be worth watching...

Edited by Jodie
edited for compliance with forum rules

Guest wild eyed willy

When we've had weird things happen, they're often 'funny'. When ever my oldest would come home from the Army, or back from Iraq, we'd have strange things happen,usually a phantom cat we once had, then when he was discharged and came back home to live, one day, his wallet came up missing. I helped him go thru his room, his dresser, his bed, his clothes, and finally the rest of the house and car. Finally, he called me to "come here". I found him standing at his door in the hall. He pointed to middle of his floor, and lying right there in the center of the floor was his wallet. It was NOT there the whole time we had been looking for it, as we had walked in and out of his room for more than 30 minutes.

I bet bigfoot took it. ;)

we have very simillar experiances here. Our residend ghost/spirit/whatever, seems to enjoy hiding things.. Most reciently a gallon of paint which we have yet to find, but simillar to your story: I had purchased one of those electronic cigaretts to try.. I didn't like it, but my better half liked it, so I gave it to her.. She is super organized, everything in its proper place( drives me crazy) she went to get the Electronic cig, over by her chair and it wasn't there... she looked all over and couldn't find it, so I helped look too.. I started by her chair looked on the window ledge and the table next to it... we both gave the area a good going over and found nothing.... several hours later we were comming back in from working in the yard and there on the window ledge by her chair was the electronic cig. Usually it returns things to the location it took the item from, but not always. So I can sympathize :D

Thank you for the effort in posting these links.. I read the 1st one and perhaps half of the second.

All I can say is you have to be kidding....

Was this some kind of a joke? you cant be serious. If it's a joke please clue me in.

no problem sir...all i did was google "ufo bigfoot" and post the links to 3 of the more interesting looking ones.

i personally dont know if the people who reported these incidents were joking or not.

when one is dealing with the subject of bigfoot sightings, and ive read hundreds throughout the years, it seems like anything goes.

not that i believe every one i read, but personally, i find the crazier ones the most entertaining.

Guest wild eyed willy

no problem sir...all i did was google "ufo bigfoot" and post the links to 3 of the more interesting looking ones.

i personally dont know if the people who reported these incidents were joking or not.

when one is dealing with the subject of bigfoot sightings, and ive read hundreds throughout the years, it seems like anything goes.

not that i believe every one i read, but personally, i find the crazier ones the most entertaining.

Point taken... and your probably right about them being more entertaining...

I will have to try googleing this subject over the weekend to see if I can find any tangible evidence... thanks for the post.

For the first story the first red flag to go up is when the auther claims the investigating officer called him and put one of the witnesses on the phone with him.. Cops don't do that, most of them are of the mind that they are smarter than everyone else.

The first story occurred October 25, 1973. I don't know if you are old enough to remember how things were in 1973, but I am. Back then, cops were often known to use common sense. Many still do, even today. That's a very poor reason for not believing the story.

Edited by Sasfooty

........ It also stole my grandmother's partial and hid in a ceiling light fixture. It must have had an oral fixation of some type. :lol:

well, then id just be happy the preparation H didn't dissapear ohmy.gif........some fixations could be worse than others i suppose.wink.gif

The problem stems from the terminology. Paranormal................as in beyond normal, or deviating from normal. If one said bigfoot has abilities and powers not exhibited in animal lifeforms common to earth, then we have a common starting point for discussion. Ironically we suddenly accept bigfoot as a normal creature, and seem to know all about his skillset. This for a creature not "proven" to even exist. My irony meter ( copied from the beautiful analog version posted by Kitakaze) is in the red zone! We really don't know squat about what we are arguing about!

edited to correct misspelling of Kitakaze

Edited by John T

Slicktrick, I saw that episode. I'm not convinced of that being a footprint burned in the wood. If I am remembering the correct one that is. I think it was the one in the ministers parsonage?

well, then id just be happy the preparation H didn't dissapear ohmy.gif........some fixations could be worse than others i suppose.wink.gif

yes indeed. :lol:

Guest wild eyed willy

The first story occurred October 25, 1973. I don't know if you are old enough to remember how things were in 1973, but I am. Back then, cops were often known to use common sense. Many still do, even today. That's a very poor reason for not believing the story.

Yes I remember 1973... I never said I didn't believe the story, just pointing out red flags or questionable statements.. too many of those and the story begins to lose credibility for me.

I don't make a habit of taking as fact, storys and reports from anyone I have no background with.

I don't make a habit of taking as fact, storys and reports from anyone I have no background with.

::shrill voice:: What? Are you calling those people liars?!!

For what it's worth, nor do I. There are a bazillion stories on the internet, and far too many of them as phony as a $3 bill.

Slicktrick, I saw that episode. I'm not convinced of that being a footprint burned in the wood. If I am remembering the correct one that is. I think it was the one in the ministers parsonage?

yes sir it was. i agree it wasn't convincing ,but they did claim it to be a spirit foot print of some sort , iirc.

that show is almost funny,the way they haul butt outta there every time something goes "bump" , reminds me of another show.........wink.gif